Rougarou teaser video

jsmith7300 said:
Some site design, especially on the second half, would go a long way toward enhancing Rougarou's identity. The ground below Mantis is pretty desolate and this would be a great opportunity to build up an appropriately themed landscape.

Even just letting it get a little overgrown with greenery would look better than the bare dirt I want to remember it being. Some weeping willows, some hedges, on the upper end, maybe something like the Bavarian Village from the beginning of Big Bad Wolf.

Cedar Point GCI said:
Will mantis be open on friday the 17th cause i heard it doesnt open on friday nights

You heard correctly. It's been closed both Fridays during Halloweekends. On the bright side, you can get a sneak peek of 2015 and see some of Rogarou's new paint job.

I think Mantis was running last night (A Friday night), can anyone confirm? Maybe they had extra staff or due to weather conditions juggled some rides around and Mantis opened instead of something else?

Last edited by BayernKurve,

I just want to say after looking at Mantis/Rougarou that it looks almost 90% painted in the new colors! Most likely it will be finished before the 19th. :)

I didn't expect the painting to be this fast. I think some rides took multiple years to paint. I think MF took 3 years to paint, but there's alot more track to that than Mantis.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

If you have enough on a crew to a single job, plus the nice weather last month, it can be knocked out pretty quickly.

It also helps that much of Mantis is close to the ground and concentrated into one low zone.

Brandon

BayernKurve said:
I think Mantis was running last night (A Friday night), can anyone confirm? Maybe they had extra staff or due to weather conditions juggled some rides around and Mantis opened instead of something else?

No, Mantis was not running last Friday night.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Yep.. Mantis is on a much tighter plot of land, lower to the ground, and better yet, more accessible. I imagine there was an extra challenge due to some of the terrain, trees, etc. surrounding Millennium Force's course.

They're also not painting during the off-season so the milder weather is likely helping them out.

I've not been a fan of the color scheme since Rougarou was first announced, but we visited the park yesterday (10/5) and I have to admit that it looks a lot better in person that it does in the renderings.

The B&M box track and large support tubes also have to be a lot less labor intensive to paint than the complex Intamin track and lattice supports on MF.

True.

Visited the park on 10/4, which was a dismal day in terms of weather and ride availability. It appeared MF and Mantis were the only two rides open in the park.

On another note...

I must say that the paint job does look good. Guests are still fooled by the ride. I observed many of them going up to the concept drawings sign and saying "Oh what a great new ride they are building!!" Not saying this is indicative of anything, but I'm sure the sample is representative of the GP. Brings a tear to my eye. I don't think the park is being honest enough in their advertisements.

Again I will emphasize the loud noises.

My girlfriend isn't the most observant (she is indifferent to roller coasters in general) and as we were behind Eerie Estates waiting in line, she asked "What is that roaring noise?" it was Mantis, of course! The ride can be heard from anywhere in the vicinity. My case stands.

I think the paint looks great, the support columns are an especially nice color in my opinion.

As far as the sign, it does look like they are building a new ride. But, in the park's defense, everything on the sign is true. Before Rougarou was announced, I didn't think they would do a conversion because of the difficulty in marketing paint and trains. Now we know how it is done.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

How does the new paint look next to Iron Dragon and TTD?

Brandon

It of course looks shiny and new compared to TTD's faded look. The colors complement Iron Dragon nicely.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

That's actually disappointing. :)

I was hoping the colors would clash enough so that they'd have no choice but to repaint ID.

Brandon

What do you have against ID's color scheme?

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

How poor it is compared to the original.

Promoter of fog.

I think many of us would agree that Iron Dragon's original colors would be welcomed with open arms next season.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Closed topic. Archived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service