Rougarou teaser video

JeffH said:

I'm a professional graphic designer and work with color everyday. Everyone gets their color inspiration from somewhere. Whether a conscious decision or not, the colors match.

After all, the park has undoubtedly been referencing these threads for the past few weeks. So why not?

Fair enough

Ok Jeff and Walt, you've been called out.

Tell us how much they paid you for rights to your color combo so that you won't sue them. :)

We all know you're on the payroll at this point. ;)

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

I'm honestly so out of the loop. Yeah, I have a good relationship with people who have important titles, but I don't talk to them often.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

But someone accused you of it on the internet. It must be true. :)

VertiGo Rides - 82

Rob, not sure if you can answer this at all yet or whatever at all like some things, but how much have you guys been involved with all of this? Is this kinda like a new coaster for y'all or will you guys be climbing up this off season to do stuff & take care of whatever needs to be done.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Thunderbird's track looks to be about the same color as Rougarou's and the trains have some teal / blue elements.

Yay !!! Another Media Day in 2015.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

thedevariouseffect said:
Rob, not sure if you can answer this at all yet or whatever at all like some things, but how much have you guys been involved with all of this? Is this kinda like a new coaster for y'all or will you guys be climbing up this off season to do stuff & take care of whatever needs to be done.

I have no clue what you're talking about or why you are asking me.

VertiGo Rides - 82

Sum it up in simple terms..

Are you working on this to retrofit everything over or is it contracted outside of CF.

See previous statement. ;)

VertiGo Rides - 82

TTD 120mph said:
Personally, a shanty style station would complement the new name and the area really well.

I was thinking the same thing, would be a great fit for the Frontier Trail, a rustic wooden structure similar to Fort Sandusky.

The stupidity has already started..but I have to say I figured this would happen, after seeing how people reacted to Bat this season down @ KI..Sigh.

http://i.imgur.com/SiJ2bgA.jpg

Everyone is reporting that Rougarou is a "new" coaster. But that's part of the marketing strategy.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

If it turns out to bring a great return on the investment, who cares?

Last edited by kylepark,

I was saying all along that it would be the same ride whether you are standing or sitting. Being that CP and B&M feel that this conversion will fix a lot of issues people have with the ride I will wait to say anything further until riding it. I doubt either CP or B&M would do this if they did not feel the end product would be a massive upgrade.

It may very well turn out that I like, and enjoy Rougarou... even though I feel Mantis is a bad coaster. In the end, if Rougarou is a great ride - it will indeed be a brand new coaster in my book, regardless of some steel and concrete being older.

Last edited by JUnderhill,

It will be a different ride to me if I don't expend the energy to keep my body still enough to keep my jewels from getting crushed and at the same time try to keep my head from hitting the OTSR's. I'm looking forward to riding it. I haven't ridden Mantis for many years because to me, it wasn't worth the wait for the pain endured.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

Red Garter Rob said:
See previous statement. ;)

Yeah Rob, answer the question. Was the 2015 planning process all you, Rob, or were other people involved?

;)

Hmmmm...lighting and fog, with a spooky lagoon-creature theme. Not only will the ride be improved immensely by being converted, but it does sound like they are going to be investing in at least a little bit of quality theming to go along with it.

And yes, not only do we have Mantis converted to floorless, but Jeff's dream of a Boardwalk has come true...all in the same day.

:)

I'm actually taken aback at all these changes. Disaster Transport is gone and replaced by Gatekeeper. We're getting a Boardwalk. Breakers is being completely renovated. There are new and improved dorms for workers, and now Mantis is history and we have a floorless coaster at the park.

Pinch me, Ensign Smith. Pinch me.

:)

Promoter of fog.

Well then. Now that that is settled, I have to say, that I am kind of disappointed. I was really hoping for something completely new to go along with this. Oh well, maybe next year!:)

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

There could still be something new. I'm thinking around Blue Streak or Point Pavilion.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Closed topic. Archived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service