Will Diamondback overshadow CP in 2009?

I think Magnum used to be smoother in her younger years... or I'm getting older and just didn't notice it as rough years ago. I do remember the original height of the pine trees by the exit ramp - my how they've grown over the years...

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Does it matter? All the money made goes to the same place. . . Cedar Fair. It is like wondering if you should buy a Big Mac from the MD on Main Street or 4th street.

Let's Get Weird.

Magnum isn't rough, it's intense. All you wimpy MF lovers just can't take it! :)

bholcomb said:
Magnum isn't rough, it's intense. All you wimpy MF lovers just can't take it! :)

Yes i totally agree! bunch of wimps!

Who here loves both of them? I don't get the animosity between the two groups. They're both in my top 5.

Of course, I do have to agree with the Magnum people, its better then MF. And its not rough, it just has intense air. If you are only sore on the top of your thighs after riding, its not roughness that did that to you, it was ejector air.

Jay McKinney said:
I do remember the original height of the pine trees by the exit ramp - my how they've grown over the years...

The pine trees aren't growing -- Magnum is sinking.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Ensign Smith said:

The pine trees aren't growing -- Magnum is sinking.

Now Mr. Smith, you yourself said that, with Lake Erie's dropping water level, Magnum is technically *rising*. I know because I quoted you in my Facebook profile. :)

If it sinks far enough we might get our underground coaster I've always wanted....

Touchdown said:
Who here loves both of them?

I do! But Magnum wins hands down. Whenever I am on MF and hit those last set of bunny hills, it makes me want to head straight over to Magnum to get some real air time. ;)

I do love MF. But Magnum gives you much more of a thrill, because of the fact that it isn't so smoothe. My sister on the other hand would have to disagree. Even though MF is 100 feet taller than Magnum, she would rather ride it. Because she is too much of a wuss to beable to handle Magnum. :)

"You wanna, you gotta, you hafta hold on, Cedar Point...HOLD ON!"

LOL, birdman. No wonder my ears have been burning . . . I've been quoted!

Of course, if Magnum is dropping at a faster rate than Lake Erie, it is still sinking . . . relatively. ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Poor maggie. Everyone still talks about her sinking...:(

By the way, MF and Maggie have two different types of airtime. MF has "floater" airtime and Maggie has "ejector" airtime. IMO, they are both fun and good for what they are...:) I understand some people can't handle the little red coaster, but the blue coaster can be just as intense....

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

For me, Millennium has no air at all. I never ever have flown out of my seat on Mille. The only fun experience I have had on Mille was 2 weeks ago and that was just because of all the fog from Terror Island.

Let's Get Weird.

Little red coaster? Maverick?

Oh, you mean the Medium, ORANGE one? Magnum.

Moly-Orange if you want to be technical.

Thanks to our favorite element... Molybendum...

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

I have to agree with Miss Maverick from 3 posts back about Millennium Force and Magnum XL 200. In my opinion Magnum is fun, but on the bunny hills it pushes down on my mid-section a little. I have to agree that it has the ejector air time though. Millennium Force I love more because it's taller and has an intense first drop and the Airtime Hills have great Floater air like what you said Miss Maverick. Although I am a little confused of what kind of air you would call Maverick? Would that be ejector seat airtime?

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
For me, Millennium has no air at all. I never ever have flown out of my seat on Mille.

Please. What ride are you getting on? You float the whole way down the first drop and the third hill has as much as ten straight seconds of airtime.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I agree with Jeff. There is air time all over on MF. Hill 1, 2, 3, and 4 provide air for me. I guess it depends where you sit.

I think that almost every seat on Millienium you will get air time. I think it was mentioned in the blog a while back that care five has the most though. One seat to try is the front row in the rain... Not bad at all.

Coaster H.Q: 2007-2012
@CoasterHQ

^^I get hill 1, 3, 6 and 7, but hill 2 and 4 are over banked turns, no air there.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service