Will Diamondback overshadow CP in 2009?

I hope to go to both parks but if I can only go to one soryy but I would have to choose KI. I really want to ride that ride

Yeah. Nobody will go to Cedar Point all summer except me. Hooray for walk-ons!

I don't think It's quite tall enough to cast a shadow that far north...

Precisely. Kings Island is a nice park, but it doesn't have nearly the selection of thrills that CP has. I'm sure both parks will do just fine next year.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Who knows? CP could get something big next year??

I doubt they'll get something big for 2009, we would have seen hints, land clearing, pavement markings by now if something big were coming. I expect a flat ride in 2009. That's my opinion.

e x i t english said:
I don't think It's quite tall enough to cast a shadow that far north...

I don't know why, but that made me laugh for awhile.

CPboy77 said:
Who knows? CP could get something big next year??

Wishful thinking. Just like your signature!

Let us remember that CP's primary markets are Detroit and Cleveland, neither of which is going to drive past Cedar Point in any significant numbers to go to Kings Island.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I'll be visiting both parks next year. I went to King's Island for my first time this year. I might have to make two visits next year. It's a great park and I'd like to check out the water park.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

I've never been to KI before. I think I'm gonna check it out next year. I'll do a little combo-trip to both parks. :)

TedFuzz. No longer manually signing posts. Too bad. =(
Cedar Point - America's Roller Coast!
Ron Paul 2008/2012!

I think Diamondback puts KI very close to CP's caliber. A steel hyper is one of two things they are missing... the other being a continuous inverted. With that, I think their coaster collection would be of equal quality to CP. They have two truly classic woodies in Beast and Racer, in which CP is lacking. Notice I did not say Son of Beast. Their waterpark is much better, and included! Flats are comparable. Both offer quality for kids. Water rides are comparable. Atmosphere's are different, but both are very appealing...love the lake at CP, but also love International Street at KI.

Anyway, I will of course still visit CP next year, but think I will put KI first on my list. Diamondback looks incredible and can not wait to ride it!!!!

How is CP lacking? Blue Streak isn't all that different from Racer. And the Beast is just a long track through the woods. There's nothing particularly special about it other than the length and the second part after the second lift.

I've always felt that Kings Island was an enormous park with a lot of really mediocre rides. Top Gun is solid, and Flight of Fear was awesome after they retrofitted the lap bars and ran it at speed without trimming (they've stopped that since), but the park doesn't have a gee-whiz ride. Hopefully Diamondback will be that ride.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Jeff, I agree. KI needs Diamonback. They have a solid family atmosphere and an awesome kiddy section. So adding something of Diamondback caliber will be a refreshing change of pace compared to the rebadge of a Vekoma flyer and the outdated Vertigo additions.

I've always thought KI lacked airtime. Everything they have is sweeping and long etc etc.... Diamondback looks to change all that.

Well, I will say that I have bought my season pass at ki this year(and last) because it was much less hassle than it is at cp. At cp, you get a voucher for a 2009 pass. At ki, you just go and pay to renew a pass and it is all taken care of for next year....no lines .

And the fact that ki is actually getting a new attraction helped my desision even further. Not sure why cp has not announced the new attraction(s) for next year yet? You think it would help season pass sales.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Don't you need a new attraction to announce before announcing one? I'm certain we are looking at minor refurb and clean-up and not a new attraction.

The Beast is the most overrated coasters ever. It is boring, sorry...

I agree. Beast really sucks. Nothing about that ride got me excited. There's so many better coasters out there.

crazy horse said:
Not sure why cp has not announced the new attraction(s) for next year yet?

It couldn't possibly be because there won't be any new attractions for next year, could it?

Goodbye MrScott

John

Jeff said:

Wishful thinking. Just like your signature!

:-O From downtown!! I'm sorry to quote and do nothing but say "pwnd", but wow. That was pretty awesome and I can't let it go overlooked.

Ridiculous hypothesis! How could CP possibly not put in a new ride next year? Why, the nerve of some people . . .

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service