What else will be new for 2010?,other than STR

According to the 2010 Media Kit, Snoopy's Big Bow Wow is being replaced by Everybody Loves Snoopy (which also ran at Knott's Berry Farm previously). All Wheels Extreme and Hot Summer Lights will also be returning.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/news/media/2010/what/

I'm happy to see the ice show will be new this year. Of the three versions they've had over the years, the latest version was definitely my least favorite. Hopefully they will bring back some more themes involving the Peanuts characters than what the past show had.

I drove thrue the parking lot today, and there were pieces of witches wheel, wicked twister, turnpike cars and giant wheel all sitting next to blue streek.

Looks like they were just rehabed, and were waiting to be put back in place.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Shawn Meyer said:
Panda Express has good prices and good food. Chik-Fil-A has great food no matter if your at Cedar Point or in your neighborhood. The problem for them at Cedar Point is they want like $12.00 for a combo meal. I have yet to go to Johnny Rockets and see what they're like, but I'm sure they're good.

Any price for Chick-Fil-A is a good price.

JuggaLotus said:
There's the same in place for Griffins games. Some days offer discount food/drink and the rest are regular price.

We should hit up one of the final dollar beer/dollar dog nights (Friday nights)!

Same thing for Panda Expre......no wait....I take that back. After going to the Panda Express near me and paying under $10 for the same meal that's almost $20 at CP kinda makes you hate to pay the extra money.

However, it's still the only in park place I'll eat with the other exceptions being TGIF and Famous Daves.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Is Panda Express cheaper at Kings Island? Because I ate there every time I went to KI last year, and I remember it being normal priced. Not $20.

Let's Get Weird.

Is the 99 cent refills on the Maverick cups going to be back this year?

my fav. rides:
1) Top Thrill Dragster
1) M-Force
1) Maverick

It sure wasn't cheap when I was at KI last year. Same expensive price....same delicious food.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I always wanted to see a place like they have at Disney. You can pay and get either a chicken sandwhich or burger.....or taco or taco salad for around 6-8 dollars including fries and a drink. And it has a bar where you can put your own toppings on such as onions, peppers, ketchup, mustard....and so on.

11 years.

Will the Perkins be open 24 hours?

The Boys of ToxOhio Cedar Point Trip: Frank, Little Tox, J-Ryan, Gunner, and Silkey
"Repping the STL in Sandusky for 5 years!"

I think we will suddendly know alot more about this season after the unit holders vote next Wed. ... Either Lower the prices to get people into the park and stay overnight(s) and spend the money in their pockets (like it used to be), or keep prices high and exist with low attendence...... we will see,,,,,,,,,,,,, If you get them to come in , they have $$ in the pockets ,, and they spend it ! ,, simple old way of doing business

I had already mentioned this in a previous forum, but what about eliminating defunct buildings, kiosks, and in general...wasted space.

Maximize theming to its fullest through unique and quirky landscaping "specific" to that particular area!! Put park goers and thrill seekers "in the scene" in the most literal sense.

I don't want to see gates, fencing, employee break areas, etc. as well as those defunct buildings, kiosks, etc!! It's tacky...period.

Frontier Trail/ Frontier Town landscaping suggestions include:

Flowering Ash- Chionanthus virginicus Oleaceae, Swamp Cypress-
Taxodium distichum var. distichum Taxodiaceae, Swamp Magnolia-Magnolia virginiana Magnoliaceae

Main Midway: Wild Honeysuckle- Lonicera morrowii, Common Lilac- Syringa Vulgaris, Black Cherry- Prunus Serotina, Atlantic White Cedar- Camaecyparis Thyoides.

Genuinely curious - what buildings/kiosks are "defunct"? Keep in mind that just because a particular place isn't open when you visit, doesn't mean it doesn't get used at other times.

Brandon

Ryan Mahaffey said:
I had already mentioned this in a previous forum, but what about eliminating defunct buildings, kiosks, and in general...wasted space.

Maximize theming to its fullest through unique and quirky landscaping "specific" to that particular area!! Put park goers and thrill seekers "in the scene" in the most literal sense.

I don't want to see gates, fencing, employee break areas, etc. as well as those defunct buildings, kiosks, etc!! It's tacky...period.

Frontier Trail/ Frontier Town landscaping suggestions include:

Flowering Ash- Chionanthus virginicus Oleaceae, Swamp Cypress-
Taxodium distichum var. distichum Taxodiaceae, Swamp Magnolia-Magnolia virginiana Magnoliaceae

Main Midway: Wild Honeysuckle- Lonicera morrowii, Common Lilac- Syringa Vulgaris, Black Cherry- Prunus Serotina, Atlantic White Cedar- Camaecyparis Thyoides.

You do realize that Honeysuckle is an invasive species right? So IF they were to decide to plant it anywhere on the island they most likely would have to watch it extremely carefully to make sure it doesn't over take the other plants and what tress they do have left.

Ryan

I am wondering if we're getting close to an announcement since the Cedar Point fan page on Facebook is almost up to 1/2 a million fans! I remember, Tony I believe, saying maybe they'll be an announcement once they reach 500,000.

They are less than 475 fans away!

The announcement will probably be "Hey, we reached 500,000 fans!".

Exactly what I mean , 60 Days (approx),, No New News ?,,,,How do they expect people to make any plans or book rooms ? ,It's totaly Defeating ,, they will wait 'til it's high season and prices,, then beg with ignorant bargains,,, Get The Public In There and let them Have a Bargain , Lower the Prices on foods/bevs,,, They will spend the last penny in their pockets (and walk out with a stuffed animal or stomach.............SIMPLE !

All this talk about Cedar Point's endangered trees has me reminiscing about my many trips to Charmland (RIP).

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service