What else will be new for 2010?,other than STR

The few that are left ?,,, LOL

Wait.....trees? :D

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Anyone else catch that Cedar Point's fan page on facebook went from 499,537 yesterday to 300,171 today. That was within 24 hours! Guess that announcement once they reach 500,000 will be the announcement for the 2011 season!

Thats because there really isnt any news there either.

This is off topic, but it has to do with 2010 so here we go. What's up with the annual poster calendar that Cedar Point usual sends out to media people? I always buy one on eBay and they're usually out by now but I haven't seen any.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

I haven't seen or heard of one yet either. Yea CP, what's the deal?! There are some of us who have collections to keep updated! :)

Adam - is your collection not still up to date if they don't release one this year?

Goodbye MrScott

John

I don't know where I read it, with all the different places that information is posted these days, but I'm positive that Tony said that there was not a poster calendar printed for the 2010 season. You gotta trust me on this, I can't find where it was said. :)

4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

I'll save you the search. We didn't print them this year.

Director of Communications at Cedar Point

Man this recession sucks! First GM and Chrysler declare bankruptcy, then I find out I can't get any more overtime at work, and now no annual poster calendar from Cedar Point?!?! What next, some big company comes in and tries to merge Six Flags and Cedar Fair? ;)

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Don't worry. I'm sure they'll pass along the calendar savings to their customers in the form of something resembling reasonable concessions pricing.

Brandon

JuggaLotus said:Adam - is your collection not still up to date if they don't release one this year?

Of course, I could care less that we wont be getting one.

Kyle2154 said:
I can't imagine people coming to the park on Saturday and being like "man, what the heck? I just paid $2 for this same hot dog on Thursday", getting your explanation, and being anything other than upset.

I have to deal with that working at a hotel. Sometimes a room might be $65, then on a different day $79... Plenty of various explanations though, up and down with the whole supply and demand mostly. It's never fun trying to explain that, even though it parcially makes sense.

"Mean Streak crew 2004"

Vince982 said:
Man this recession sucks! First GM and Chrysler declare bankruptcy, then I find out I can't get any more overtime at work, and now no annual poster calendar from Cedar Point?!?! What next, some big company comes in and tries to merge Six Flags and Cedar Fair? ;)

Barf.

"Mean Streak crew 2004"

Variable promotional pricing on concessions / entertainment / resorts would make a ton of sense at CP, but I doubt we're going to see drastic changes anytime soon with the same management in place. Running a business, it's quickly apparent that cost is the biggest control in regulating supply/demand

When businesses don't adapt to changing periods of demand, like CP, they are throwing away money, plain and simple. Prices can be high when the park is at maximum capacity, but having all the same pricing when the park is empty just doesn't work.

Fixing this issue would increase attendance / sales on known low attendance periods and bring a more balanced business model. CP needs to act fast though, as I'm getting very used to leaving the park and picking out a nearby place to eat on those dead days. I used to dread leaving the park, but now I almost look forward to it.

I will say that CP did reduce ticket prices and run alot of admission perks last year during down times, but that's not enough. They neglected the whole package. They were left with empty food stands, vacant hotels / resorts, and idle pay attractions.

I think a modern point-of-sale system would do wonders as far as allowing managers to track sales and trends to make adjustments. No reason CP foods can't have "Specials" on slow days where items are marked down to boost sales.

I think the cash registers used in the food locations are stand alone, meaning price changes would have to be done on each individual register. A modern system of networked registers would easily allow prices changes in response to trends, and also allow things like using resort cards to charge items to a guest's account.

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Pete said:
A modern system

There's the rub.

Not to mention, by the time they got it fully installed and implemented *cough*seasonpasses*cough* it would no longer be modern.

With the current management in place anyway.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I Totally agree with 'Ffej' what we see today at the Point was built by full hotels (on-site) with decent prices , along with the fair pricing through-out the park , for foods/bevs/gaming ,,, they have seemed to lose the business sense to 'Get them in, they spend more' !

I know that Disney does this practice, but it does not bother me too much because I get the meal plan when I go.

Durring buisy times of the year, they raise the price of food. I don't agree with it, but I don't hear too many people complain about it(because they don't know). I would not be a fan of them changing the price every weekend.

I always thought that the digital menu boards were pretty cool.

Last edited by crazy horse,

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service