Save the date: March 16, 2013

on the waiting list too. Crossing my fingers man!

The Crystal Method is the only way to find The Winner!

Don't worry, I'm applying for the waiting list too Cedar Pointer. Your not alone. :)

Thank you Walt. I have been checking it out. I went on the waiting list hoping for a break to get in. So if a ticket becomes available please let me know. I am willing to buy it from anybody who for some some reason can"t use it. Thanks.

One of these days I'll make it to one of these. Long way to travel for me, though, especially when the park isn't even open.

Hope everyone has a good time!

If the tickets are going to sell out this fast then maybe there should be an increase in the number of tickets. Its all for charity so have multiple tours over the weekend rather than just one.

I knew the day was coming soon for the tickets so I checked every morning. Went to work the day they went on sale and got home to a waiting list. It is very frustrating to be waiting so long to purchase tickets and checking in every morning just to miss the window. You literary had to be sitting in front of your computer to know that they went on sale and since I work in construction I never had access to a computer till I got home.

My apologies for sounding so bitter. This is a good event for a good cause with a great reward and I was really looking forward to it. Since I was planning on putting the money up I am still going to donate the money to the cause. I just wont be going to the tour. Maybe next year.

In past years, the number of tickets were limited by the size of the room. 50 was all we could fit at Chet & Matt's. 100 was all we could fit in the conference room at Breakers East.

In theory demand should have dropped this year as the price was nearly tripled. $15 last year. $40 this year.

Castaway bay can accommodate roughly 200 people in one of their rooms. Is it out of the question to change the venue considering the demand?

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I would like to thank PointBuzz for planning this great fund raiser for Give Kids The World. It is great to know that ALL the funds raised go directly to GKTW and that Cedar Point is donating their employees time and energy to this project.

I asked Walt who was providing the tee shirts and he informed me that cost borne by Give Kids The World. While I think that is great, I chose to donate an additional $20/shirt directly to GKTW. I don't think they need to use their precious resources to provide me with a cool shirt I would gladly purchase on my own. To those who might be able to afford it, here is a link to donate directly to Give Kids The World:

https://app.etapestry.com/hosted/GiveKidstheWorld/OnlineGiving.html...0Donations

I encourage you to check that website out, they are doing great work and are a worthy charity.

They get pretty solid pricing on shirts and merchandise, and sometimes it's even donated or provided at cost.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Yes faelarin I agree with you 100%. This is totally unfair. I am glad that you spoke up I have checked the website everyday & lol behold all the tickets are gone. They need to treat everybody fairly to those that wants to do the tour. This unfair treatment to let only certain amount of people to do the tour & leave the rest out is nonsense. They need to do better to accommodate everybody on this tour. I am sure there are lots of people who are not given the opportunity to do this tour given that they will get to see the gatekeeper up close. I hope for the sake of everyone who are stuck on the waiting list to be included in this tour. We are willing to pay $40.00 for a good cause to do the tour. All I am asking for that everybody that wants to do the tour to be treated fairly. I am not trying to be negative.

It has been stated clearly that tickets were on a first come first serve basis. Jeff and Walt did not send out tickets to their favorite members. How can you say they are not treating you fairly? They gave EVERYONE a fair chance to buy a ticket.

It is not nonsense to only let a certain number of people on the tour. I have been on several tours before and it stands out that the more people there are, the harder it is to keep everyone in line. You have to understand that there is usually only one or two CP employees guiding us, for them to handle 100 people is already difficult enough. They have to make sure that no one picks things up and that everyone stays in a group.

If you are so willing to pay $40 for a good cause then do it, no one is stopping you from donating money. You just didn't sign up in time for the tour. I also checked everyday since FEB 1st, I was lucky enough to get tickets and I had the same chance everyone else had. Would I be disappointed if I did not get tickets in time? Yes, absolutely. But to go as far as saying that you were not treated fairly is just insane...

There is nothing that makes it unfair... That's like saying it is unfair that your neighbor won the mega millions and not you. Everyone had an equal chance.

Last edited by SSL488,

SSL488 said:
It has been stated clearly that tickets were on a first come first serve basis. Jeff and Walt did not send out tickets to their favorite members. How can you say they are not treating you fairly? They gave EVERYONE a fair chance to buy a ticket.

It is not nonsense to only let a certain number of people on the tour. I have been on several tours before and it stands out that the more people there are, the harder it is to keep everyone in line. You have to understand that there is usually only one or two CP employees guiding us, for them to handle 100 people is already difficult enough. They have to make sure that no one picks things up and that everyone stays in a group.

If you are so willing to pay $40 for a good cause then do it, no one is stopping you from donating money. You just didn't sign up in time for the tour. I also checked everyday since FEB 1st, I was lucky enough to get tickets and I had the same chance everyone else had. Would I be disappointed if I did not get tickets in time? Yes, absolutely. But to go as far as saying that you were not treated fairly is just insane...

There is nothing that makes it unfair... That's like saying it is unfair that your neighbor won the mega millions and not you. Everyone had an equal chance.

Yeh I am not going as far as the unfair route. I knew they were first come first serve.

However if I had known that "today" was going to be the day I would have taken an extended lunch during the day and came home to get the tickets. I only saw hints about them going on sale and nothing concrete.

So with that in mind I say have multiple tours over the weekend. If 100 people is all they can handle then have 3 or 4 tours scheduled for Saturday each with a limit of 75 - 100 people and scatter them over the weekend. If this is going to a good cause and it is causing such a huge response then maybe Cedar Point and PointBuzz can make this an annual expected event.

As I said previously my money still goes to the charity even if I dont go to the event. But this event should be re evaluated for next year to accommodate more people willing to pay.

I am sympathetic for those that wanted to go and weren't able to get tickets because I know we would have been very disappointed finding ourselves in the same situation. Unfortunately, there's a lot of things I would like to attend but can't because the tickets are sold out. It's not like we all have an unalienable right to attend the PointBuzz tour. No matter what Walt, Jeff and others plan, there's always going to be a limit to the number of people that can attend something like this for all of the reasons stated previously. Whatever your feelings though, please don't be critical of the people who put this together. As someone who's done a lot of volunteer work, I can say you're never really looking for a thank you, but you don't want to get yelled at either.

Faelarin said:
Its all for charity so have multiple tours over the weekend rather than just one.

Peggy Cocinelli said:
They need to do better to accommodate everybody on this tour.

You two do realize that the folks putting this tour on are doing so with their own free time, right?

The sense of entitlement displayed here is absolutely mind blowing. If it's that important to you to go on a tour, organize your own!

Brandon

^ +1

I am sorry that my reply has bothered some. anyway I do appriate for everyone involed for setting this tour up. I am just airing my feelings out. as I stated before I checked everyday to get my hands on one of those tickets. I understand that the group needs to be monitored. But we are all adults. Nobody would never wonder away or pick uo anything of the ground.. Please forgive me if I offened anybody. I am just bummeed out. anyway thank you for all you do.

We knew this event would be popular. We also knew there would be interest from Cedar Point fans outside of our community. If PointBuzz is going to help coordinate a popular event, we want to make sure our active users had the best chance to attend. That's why it was announced in the forums.

We did discuss ways to increase capacity, but space restrictions are what they are and we'll be busting as the seams as it is. There are other factors that prevented us from going over 100, including logistics and schedules. This event requires a lot of coordination internally at Cedar Point. We cannot thank them enough for the amount of work they put in to make this event happen. By the time all is said and done, several departments are impacted and many will give up an off-season Saturday to help us.

And I know that the tour is the primary draw, especially this year. But we've worked hard to make this an event, not just a tour. Last year, Lee Alexakos, who had just arrived back in town after being on the west coast, gave us the first glimpse of Luminosity. John Hildebrandt filled us in on many new details of what was coming up in the 2012 season. This year, we've invited our friends from Lake Erie Shores and Islands. As it turns out, the Sandusky area has much more to offer outside of Cedar Point. :)

Frankly, it's difficult to hear fairness complaints from anyone whose interest in PointBuzz begins and ends with an event. And I say that in a general sense. I am NOT accusing anyone in this thread of falling into that category. Maybe once we implement the +1 scoring system into the forums, we'll be able to incorporate that into how we prioritize event registration.

This will be our fourth off-season event and it's easily been the most popular. As Jason mentioned earlier in the thread, every event has had a different capacity. But while this year's has been the fastest sellout, we've sold out all four events.

This isn't our last event. In fact, I hope we'll be able to eventually have our first in-season event. We've got lots of ideas. There's more to come, I promise.

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

djDaemon said:

Faelarin said:
Its all for charity so have multiple tours over the weekend rather than just one.

Peggy Cocinelli said:
They need to do better to accommodate everybody on this tour.

You two do realize that the folks putting this tour on are doing so with their own free time, right?

The sense of entitlement displayed here is absolutely mind blowing. If it's that important to you to go on a tour, organize your own!

I dont think anyone here is saying they are entitled to getting to go. My personal feelings about it are that the event was posted months ago. No word was given about when we could buy the tickets till literally the day before. Such a big event, so few tickets, and a very small window to obtain those tickets.

I certainly appreciate everyones work on these forums, those who put this event together, and those at cedar point who allow this even to go on. Despite my frustrations the charity will still benefit from my contribution. My lesson learned is that next year I will have to be much more diligent (maybe even call in sick) to get my chance at the tickets, that is if there is an event next year.

For the next event I just going to have to dig a little deeper in your website to be assure that I will be able to get my hands on a ticket. I work during the day & I do not have access to a computer while at work. I do not get home untill around 3:30 in the afternoon but today is an exception I was able to borrow a computer at work. so realy the only time that I can get to my computer is during the evening. the only way that I can make this work is to check the forums more thoroly not just the front page. lesson learned always dig a little deeper.

Walt said:
Maybe once we implement the +1 scoring system into the forums, we'll be able to incorporate that into how we prioritize event registration.

So the really will be a +1 button? :)

And SSL pulls the most important information out of Walt's post. ;)

Goodbye MrScott

John

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service