Record-breaking Siren’s Curse tilt coaster to lure Cedar Point thrill seekers in 2025

well, we finally have something to pull us away from the extended closure thread, no one's touched it since the teaser!

Wonder the cost here. Certainly if it is indeed something that's mostly already built they probably got a decent deal on it.

can't wait to see how much the upcharge lockers will be, haha

But yeah, was not expecting this! I haven't even ridden TT2 yet, so 2 new rides to look forward to.

I would think they would put this in for 2026, but maybe that's saved for SRF site

MF as a human eager to talk about my home park!

Looks like everyone's already covered my thoughts. 2 things I hadn't seen brought up yet, where's the exit, and what's this building?

My best guess is that’s the exit and gift shop building.

This really caught me off guard, with no markings or hype. I really thought the teaser video was for a water coaster at CP Shores. But, it really looks sensational! Kudos to CP for this beauty, and I hope we see more new Vekoma's coming in future years. I love the spot it is going in..that was such an eyesore for years.

I missed the part in the release where it says: “as previously announced TT2 will reopen in 2025”. Puts to bed the idea of it not coming back for the naysayers.

So I’m 80% sure this is the tilt that was originally planned for Energylandia then Six Flags Mexico and is now finally finding a permanent home. Feel like the more generic train designs and light package in the renders make way more sense if it was originally the seemingly unthemed “Tilt Coaster” Energylandia announced. This is not a complaint I think this looks awesome. But it explains the super generic nature and seemingly not custom built to plot nature of the renders.

The timing of this does seem a bit more odd the more I think about it. I know the park operates off of a 5-year plan-ish; but I can’t remember a time where three rollercoasters were built in 3 years. I don’t really want to go down the rabbit hole but before TT2 we had a new attraction every 2-3 years. This isn’t a complaint but just raises lots of questions in my head now.

call me crazy, but

Maybe they're just throwing us a bone to satisfy us because of what happened last year.

The number of GP folks on socials who are absolutely convinced this is going where Snake River was is hilarious

We've had 3 built in the past over a 3 year time span. Millenium Force in 2000, Wicked Twister in 2002 and TTD in 2003. I think this new coaster is a great use of the existing plot of land. What I wish were changed is the color scheme of this new coaster. Its grey supports are very closely located nearby to TT2 and the track looks similar in color to Valravn next door. Some green or purple would be a nice change to the scenery, just my 2c.

That’s sort of not a great comparison to my point to be fair. We all know why the park was rapidly building rides back then (20 years ago). Since then, we have not seen that type of back to back attraction investment being made at this scale. And from what I see on socials I’m not the only one who didn’t see this coming at all which is probably why my brain is questioning the timing to begin with. I’m very much excited for it and it’s a great use of a vacant area.

as of recent, cedar points investments haven't been doing great - wild mouse was down quite a bit, and don't get me started on tt2

Yep, I am starting to wonder if CP felt they needed something super exciting for 2025, after the disappointment this year. Maybe Siren was supposed to go elsewhere, and they looked into acquiring it back in June, for example. Would not be surprised to see a late opening in June 2025, after hopefully TT2 gets buzz back in May 2025.

If it was originally planned for another park, and it's already built, the construction could go pretty quick. Wonder if that's why there's no food trucks this year. Think we'll see walls going up before Halloweekends ends?

If you consider Pipe Scream a coaster like Cedar Point does, then 2013-2016 saw 4 roller coasters in a row with Gatekeeper, Pipe Scream, Rougarou and Valravn added.

Hmmm, found this illustration of the Vekoma Tilt coaster that was going to Energylandia originally. Layout looks familiar.

That one would have had theming that looks awesome! I do wish the park would have done a bit more detail on this. Because frankly nothing about this ride besides the on-board audio matches the name lol

I am almost certain this has absolutely nothing to do with what happened with TT2. Outside of the enthusiast community hardly anyone cared about TT2 being closed. The park has been busy and the hotels have been full.

Does anyone seriously think Cedar Point thought oh no! A few people on an online message board are upset about TT2, we better pull a new coaster out our you know where to make them happy!

All that aside I am shocked this announcement was about a new coaster, week done keeping it under wraps till the day of the announcement.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service