Possible new announcement date, 9/11/15.

Stacys said:

Keith 2005 said:

Unless I'm missing something here, Valravn will be the 17th coaster, which would put the speculate date 09/10.

I vote for the Sept 10th date.......course, that just happens to be my birthday as well :D

The Cedar Point website lists 17 coasters to date. Which I based upon the posting start date of 8/25/15, posting one coaster a day, which unless I added wrong (which I have done in the past), is 9/11/15.

Which seems like a weird day to announce because the park is closed for a private event that day. Unless the private event ends early and the announcement activity is started at 9 PM like originally planned. Maybe CP will open up the gates to allow the gp to come to the event in celebration plaza at that time? Hard to say..

Or maybe they'll forgo some of the fanfare, and just drop the announcement online and to the media. In that case, it doesn't matter whether they're open, bought out for a private event, or even what day of the week it is.

Brandon

djDaemon said:

Or maybe they'll forgo some of the fanfare, and just drop the announcement online and to the media. In that case, it doesn't matter whether they're open, bought out for a private event, or even what day of the week it is.

True, but what a letdown it would be after this summers ramp up of hype to announce the new ride.

^^ I agree. They don't need the GP to be there to announce something. For example: Top Thrill Dragster was announced in January when the park clearly wasn't open.

Last edited by codeGR,

Bluestreaker said:

Just read the Sandusky Register. Unfortunately, the part about the CP officer being arrested for soliciting a prostitute is true.

Not necessarily. The headline contradicts the article. The reporter states he is a Cedar Point officer, but she goes on to write that she has no idea if he is a Cedar Point officer. The paper didn't find out in time and they needed that sexy front page story.

What's the old journalism adage? "If it misleads, it leads."

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Redwolf said:

True, but what a letdown it would be after this summers ramp up of hype to announce the new ride.

I don't see how that would be a letdown. The end result will be the same: we'll learn Dive Coaster 1's name, theme, and probably be given some ideas regarding thematic elements (some of which won't come to fruition).

Would a guy on a podium speaking to a crowd really add that much excitement? Not for me. In fact, given what we already know, I'd be content to just watch them build Dive Coaster 1 and save the fanfare for May.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Wasn't the Cedar Point VR going to factor into the announcement in some way? I thought media invites included a Google Cardboard-type viewer so perhaps they meant to do the reveal for those attending through the app somehow.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

noggin said:

Can someone help me? My Where'sMyInaneMackCP to English translator isn't working.....

Yes, mine's OK. I believe what he's saying is "Blah, blah blah, derp derp derp"

Now I am thinking 9/18/15 may be the date. It's a Friday. 1st day of halloweekends. If CP skips weekends revealing coasters then I think we may have a lock on the date.

Everyone's assuming the park is counting down -- er, up, on Twitter -- to an announcement. They probably are.... but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes a series of Tweets are just a series of Tweets.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Everyone?

Everyone is assuming?

I was unaware that I was doing so. Here I was, thinking that I was patiently waiting to see how Cedar Point's marketing department decides to advertise this ride, knowing that assuming their plans is a waste of time.

*shrug*

Guilty as charged of hyperbole. I agree: the park will roll out its announcement on their timetable.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

You know what? Summer is coming to an end. Rather than trying to decipher the park's announcement date algorithm (or whatever), why not go outside and enjoy what's left of the nice weather?

We will, after all, have all winter to bitch and moan about what we don't like about Dive Coaster 1.

Brandon

djDaemon said:

You know what? Summer is coming to an end. Rather than trying to decipher the park's announcement date algorithm (or whatever), why not go outside and enjoy what's left of the nice weather?

At work, have to pay the bills, outside comes in 11 minutes!

djDaemon said:

We will, after all, have all winter to bitch and moan about what we don't like about Dive Coaster 1.

Go outside? I don't understand this complicated phrase.

9/9 announcement via Tony on Twitter!

Last edited by CPboy77,

CPboy77 said:
9/9 announcement via Tony on Twitter!

yes, another great theory shot down in flames, close the thread!

Sadly it's a day the park is closed, so even if public is allowed/its a public announcement it's not worth the 2hr trip.

I was excited for a minute since the wife and I already planned on going around Sept 2nd and were completely cool with postponing it a week...then we double checked the CP calendar :(

Good. New date, now no one do anything STUPID.

Heard on Channel 13 (Toledo) news at 6 that Cedar Points new ride for 2016 would be announced on September 9th and 9am. 9/9 at 9.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service