Possible new announcement date, 9/11/15.

CP Twitter post today proclaiming Blue Streak as coaster #1. If they post CCMR as #2 tomorrow, then 9/11 is the date for coaster #18.

Upon further review I retract this, 9/11 park is closed for Honda's private event.

Last edited by Redwolf,

Guess we'll know tomorrow if they add a coaster per day. Good catch.

New for 2018... RMC Iron Horse!!!

How about they just announced the Damn thing NOW! No BS, playing game with the fans, especially when they know that 80% of us who follow this debacle delay knows it already. Give it up, telling us now or months from it won't make any diff. or excitement to me or anyone else, when your'e putting a dull ride from B&M.... AGAIN!!! Haha. Remind me what are the Top 3 rides @ Cedar Point?? Hint its not a Beamer.

When I saw the Blue Streak tweet I figured the same thing. I understand postponing the announcement but hot dang that's a lot more time to wait.

What if 9/11/15 is just an announcement date for a real announcement date?

I know it was 14 years ago, and moving on is a good thing... But honestly if you thought people were going to freak out about them announcing due to the Raptor incident, what makes you think they're going to let 9/11 slide as an announcement date for a "Raven of the slain"?

Where'sMyMackCP said:
How about they just announced the Damn thing NOW! No BS, playing game with the fans, especially when they know that 80% of us who follow this debacle delay knows it already. Give it up, telling us now or months from it won't make any diff. or excitement to me or anyone else, when your'e putting a dull ride from B&M.... AGAIN!!! Haha. Remind me what are the Top 3 rides @ Cedar Point?? Hint its not a Beamer.

Were you beaten with reeds as a child?

Seriously though, the only thing that needs to "give up" is this attempt you're trying at painting the park, this ride and B&M as something undeserving of any kind of positive praise. The vast majority of enthusiasts don't care about the delay, they're fine with the why and they're fine with what the park is getting. If you're expecting to find support, you're going to find that it's very lonely in that B&M Hate Camp.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

That's a terrible idea to announce it on 9/11/15. Add to that the park's not even open.

Unless I'm missing something here, Valravn will be the 17th coaster, which would put the speculate date 09/10.

The park counts Pipe Scream.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

They could also throw out 2 in one day/tweet/tease/twease(?). My guess is that this could be another ramp up to the announcement for the announcement.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Where'sMyMackCP said:
Haha. Remind me what are the Top 3 rides @ Cedar Point??

I think that would Raptor, Gatekeeper and Rougarou, no?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Completely missing how that Twitter post suggests the park is counting down coasters day by day...

Where'sMyMackCP said:

No BS, playing game with the fans...

The park doesn't play games with fans; fans are pretty much the least important concern when the park announces new additions.

...especially when they know that 80% of us who follow this debacle delay knows it already.

They don't care if 100% of "us" have been following "this debacle". We're not the people they're making an announcement for.

...telling us now or months from it won't make any diff. [sic]

The park isn't "telling us"; the park is promoting its 2016 addition to the general public.

...when your'e [sic] putting a dull ride from B&M.... AGAIN!!

Hmm... wonder why they'd be putting in a "dull" ride from B&M 'AGAIN'? Could it be that one of the largest operators of amusement parks in the US has seen that B&M coasters are very popular with the public?

Haha. Remind me what are the Top 3 rides @ Cedar Point?? Hint its not a Beamer.

According to Cedar Point: Gatekeeper, Millennium Force and Raptor. Hint: two of those are a "Beamer".

Last edited by noggin,

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Where'sMyMackCP said:

I believe two of the top 3 are B&M's... According to the "By the Numbers" blog entry.

The beautiful thing about the park adding another beamer, it's not taking away Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, or Maverick from the park. Enjoy the variety!

Last edited by Renegade,

Since the park isn't open the 11th, it would be cool if they announced on the 13th, which happens to be GOCC's date for Fall Freak Out this year :-)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

they are still holding off the announcement?

Well, it's the year of the bird at CP. They are holding off an announcement for a bird themed coaster all due to an incident that happened with a bird themed coaster. Now the park has 3 bird coasters, gatekeeper (a griffon) Valravn, and Raptor. Now add all the seagulls to the mix and you got a birdy paradise. lol

Where'sMyMackCP said:

Remind me what are the Top 3 rides @ Cedar Point?? Hint its not a Beamer.

Remind me, what are Amusement Today's Top Steel Roller Coasters of 2014? Hint: the majority (19 out of 36) are "Beamers."

EDIT: To put that into perspective...

Last edited by Perpetual Obsession,

We'll see if they post a second one today. If not, maybe it's one per week. The 18th week is Christmas (though that's on a Friday), which lines up with the app countdown date.

I'd bet money (and I'm cheap) that the countdown was set to a distant day and time while the park determines the actual day and time they'll do the announcement. No business is going to announce major news on or anywhere near a major holiday....

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I agree. I'm guessing it's just a coincidence.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service