Opening Day 2008!

I believe its "suppose" to open the same time the park opens but they usually open it early to get people into the park as soon as possible.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Being less that 2 weeks away for opening day, what is the
exact plan? Panda Xpress or the Pavilion next to Demon 
Drop? 

Terror Island Screamster 08', 09', 10', 11'

I believe the consensus was Panda Express.

Also Challenge Park is open on Friday night, so I'm sure I'll see some of you out there when I'm getting my first "buy one get one free" rides on Skyscraper :)

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Sadly I won't make it in time Friday night. But does anyone know what time the parking lot opens? I tried searching threads but couldn't find anything.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I also must bow out of meeting you all again, my sister is coming with a bunch of her GP friends some of whom have never been to CP so Ill be playing tour guide the whole day. :(. Next year maybe.

If I was a tour guide I would be like this is the big coaster Millennium Force. Lets run to it....so we get there faster.

And continue my lecture during the line :)

Last edited by factory81,

Dvo said:
But does anyone know what time the parking lot opens?

8 a.m.

I'll be heading down after work Josh, and I'll be there probably around 8. Challenge Park closes at 10 so pwease wait for me (and the others) to go on Skyscraper!:)

And the plan (as I understand it right now) is for everyone to get their own lunch, then meet at the Demon Drop pavillions at 2:00 for cake and goodies. And you shouldnt have trouble finding what table it's at because I just got home from work and the banner for the party is finished. And boy are you guys in for a treat!

I know everyone will love it.:)

P.S.-Who's going to be there first and what time? I need to know so I can meet up with said person and put the banner up.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

I'll be there on May 10, 11, and 12th.

See you guys there.

-Evan Hendrick

factory81, they want to ride the coasters so no worry (my sister is also an enthusiast.) They also know full well that we are arriving there for ERT, and if they cant get in then, I will meet up with them at 10. I draw the line there :).

To Josh + bayshore bananza gang...

I will be arriving probably sometime around 6 or 7 depending on traffic and what time they decide to let me go from work. I assume that we'll just meet over at the Bayshore lot first to get the rooms situated or just go to the park instead, but, either way, I can't wait another day. Also, it's Challenge Park then at around 8, right? I guess we'll do the skyscraper swings once Adam gets in so it will be sufficiently dark at that time.

Last edited by outward_bound,

-TO THE SPIRE!!!

MF crew 2003/2004
coasting since '83

10 days!!!

Terror Island Screamster 08', 09', 10', 11'

My goal is to leave work by 4 PM and be in Sandusky around 7:30. We can meet at Bayshore and then take one or 2 cars into the park depending on how many are there. We will want to get to sleep somewhat early on Friday to make sure that we can be at the Soak City gate bright and early Saturday :)

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

No sleep for me Josh....too much excitement now (like those cute little kids in the walt disney world/affordable commercials).

-TO THE SPIRE!!!

MF crew 2003/2004
coasting since '83

I'll probably be at Bayshore by 6 or 6:30, so I'll see you there. Then we can all head over to Challenge Park.

I can't stand the anticipation much longer!! And it figures that we get a HUGE stressful job where I work that has to be finished on the 7th. Talk about cutting it close!!

I'm not complaining too much though. After all, it's bringing me a massive amount of overtime.:)

In any case, can't wait to get on Skyscaper. Oh and we'll have to come up with a name for it too (i.e. Airhawk = skyhawk).;)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

So you guys are all going Bayshore style as well?

Do the mini cabins allow you to have a fire pit?
I will be at Bayshore the night of the 10th.

The already have a fire pit from what I understand.

You are right Adam. According to the website, a picnic table and fire ring is located at each site.

There's a fire ring at each site, its just not necessarily on the ground. I think both times we were there last fall, the ring was leaning against a tree.

The cabins aren't bad, I'll just leave a few tips.

BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS
BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS
BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS

And probably your own sleeping bag/blanket as well. They had sheets/blankets, but it seemed like military surplus grade. Not bad, but if you're picky, you'll hate it.

Goodbye MrScott

John

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service