Opening Day 2008!

OK, 2pm sounds good. Only 128 hours to go. I know that is sad that I am counting but you guys understand. Anyways, what I mean about not having any solid plans is because in early april 2007 our plans were pretty much finalized and we had a count of everyone that was coming and what they were bringing.

Peace, Mikey

Shawn... the "ride takeover spree" is simply us going from ride to ride as a group, and getting as many of us on at once as possible.

Last year most of us went to Skyhawk (aka Airhawk), and got one entire side of an arm... we all did the running man for the duration of the ride, and got lots of laughs from the people in line.

Perhaps they were laughing at us because they thought we were stupid... but hey, we had a blast!

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Looks like we won't be doing Skyscraper on Friday night after all. According to the latest news, it won't be opening until "later in the summer".

I saw that in the article... I'm really surprised by that. It's not a ride that takes a whole lot to get put up. I have someone in the park today checking things out ;)

Well, it looks like I'm rolling solo this weekend. I'll try and meet up with some of you guys. I'm looking forward to it.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I'll be there solo also.

2007 trips=39..08 trips=47..09 trips=79
maverick rides=143
dragster rollbacks=27

I plan on attending May 10-12 and I will also be a solo traveler. Any type of meet up sounds like it would be fun.

Right now they're callin for some rain on sunday and monday :( But let's be serious... they know as much about the weather on Sunday and Monday right now as they know about alien life forms.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

It looks like 2 people from my group dropped out as well. So I have a 2 bedroom unit at Bayshore that can sleep six.

Anyone want to split costs?

It does look as though there will be rain at some point Sunday or Monday... There is a upper level low that should be moving across the area. It shouldn't be an all day soaking rain. Just off and on... Which typically makes for light crowds, and still a great day!

Saturday should be great until later in the evening!

holy Crap I am gettin excited. The employees at work are getting annoyed with me because I keep telling them how many hours left. By the way it is: 94 hours and 15 minutes.

I too am quite excited, though a little sad that Skyscraper doesn't look to be open. I will still be heading out there Friday after work... perhaps I will use the 10 dollars off Ripcord platinum perk instead....

I should be all set for an early leave and ETA of about 6:30 on Friday. Can't wait for challenge park to the get the blood pumping for the first time since last October, though, still really bummed about an incomplete skyscraper. I figure we can just as easily do Ripcord or something like challenge golf if push comes to shove.

-TO THE SPIRE!!!

MF crew 2003/2004
coasting since '83

Or maybe Challenge Racing ala Mario Kart ;)

I'm all for Challenge Golf, Challenge Racing, or Ripcord......heck maybe even all 3.;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

^^ Better start stocking up on Green, Red, and Blue Spiky koopa shells!

For the first time I am coming up on opening day. Unfortunately we decided not to get the plat passes. I plan on getting there around 830 to process my pass. Where is everyone meeting up at?

Firemen never die, they just burn forever in the hearts of the people whose lives they saved

Read through the thread... I believe the summary is only a page back or so....

Adam, I challenge you to a duel on the "fresh" challenge golf greens! ::slaps Adam across face with glove::

What time are you going up to Challenge Park on Friday?

Beeeeehhhhhhh!!!!!

I accept your challenge! ::returns slap::

I plan on being there around 6 or 7. We'll have to figure out where to all meet. I know I'll be in contact with my group.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service