Opening Day 2008!

Thanks for the suggestions John. I knew about the towels, but probably a good idea about the sheets/blankets. Probably want to bring your own pillows too.

What are the prices of these cabins? Couldn't find any info on their site.

Surprisingly Cheap!

http://www.mhdcorp.com/bayshore_rates.html#park_models

Mark, I love the Mario Kart Wii avatar... I will be bringing that game, and my two wheels to the cabin next weekend!

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Thanks Josh. I was apparently at the wrong site.

Josh, I'll bring my wheel as well (and I'll probably get a second one).

Fantastic... that game has been taking up a good portion of my evenings this week...

Would you guys consider it worth it to stay in a park cabin? The mini park cabins are sold out and hotels start right at $52 which is the same price as a park cabin.

What would you rather stay in?

Are you talking about Lighthouse Point being $52?

No... at Bayshore... I have a 2 bedroom Park Cabin for the weekend. I have been in the 3 bedroom and they are quite nice. More amenities than LHP, but not as scenic. However for the 110 dollar a night difference... I will take the Park Cabin :-)

djdaemon: Bayshore, not the CP Resort cabins. Maybe one day...they make the CP cabins look real nice in the pictures. I will probably be a sucker for Hotel Breakers until I get a "real job", aka one that pays more then $20,000 a year.

Yeah I got a park cabin, so the park cabin is 3 beds hopefully? I read it as 2 possibly 3 and a futon plus kitchen,

They let us get it for one night, it said weekend stay is mandatory 2 night stay. Shes like "Wait a minute honey, i see one here for one night"

I would try and convince my girlfriend and her brother to try and take another day off, but most people get a little "tired" of CP after 3 days (if you do it like we do and run from big coaster to big coaster). So maybe we will ride...the ferris wheel this year or something like that.

Last edited by factory81,

It depends on which one you booked as to whether it has 2 or 3 beds. They have 2 bed models and 3 bed models. They both have a futon in the living area though.

NOT EVEN ONE WEEK ANYMORE GUYS.

I can hardly contain myself.

P.S weather is looking A-OKAY thus far.

Your right dude! 7 more days until Saturday May 10th. That is if you count next Saturday, than it's 6 more days. I'm going to be there for Opening Day this year. Last year I didn't make it because I was trying to avoid going with my ex-friend. If he knew I was going, he would've asked me if he could go. I didn't really want him to tag along. Plus I was working 2 jobs last year as well. So this year I'm bringing my tradition back and about to enjoy my 4th opening day trip. :)

Ahhh 1 more week. Now if only I could get some sleep......

So do we have a definite agenda set up for the meeting?
From what I've read it sounds like 2:00 at the Demon Drop picnic tables.
Who's bringing the cake and other desserts, and should I bring anything?

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Honestly I didn't know a meeting existed. Whats the sign read again?

"Point-we-spend-too-much-time-at-cedarpoint.com/westillrule.htm Party?

I mean I did know...but I really didn't pay attention to the affairs.

If I don't get a rollback on TTD this year I will start a riot. Looking at peoples sigs it seems if I get at least 100 rides in on TTD I will get a roll back. I intend to blow that 100 number out of the water with at least 20 rides in by now.
Imma hit TTD up as soon as it opens every day.

I haven't heard anything as far as what to bring. I think Me, and the people I'm coming with are just packing so I can bring something in the lunch bag if that is the case to bring something food wise along. I'll bring a couple bags of Potato Chips or something.

So you mean Walt isn't going to sit and cook ribs all morning for us? We can't even get Tony and Tyler to do some ribs for the park?

Whats this world come to?

Isn't CP having like cake or something for us?

It's an epic day when you go to the park and walk for like 17 miles and have some Famous Daves at the end of the day to top it off.

unfortunantly it does not look as if a PB party will happen this year. We are down to 6 days and there are no plans yet. My family and friends will be at the picnic tables near demon drop at 1pm.. I think that Mandi is still making a cake. We are also planning on making some chocolate covered strawberries and pretzals. If any PointBuzz members would like to join us than they are more than welcome to. This is gonna be the third year that we have had the get together so I think it would be best to keep it original and not change venue. I do not think that we are going to bring anything to eat so at this time we are planning to eat outside of the park.

Peace, Mikey

^Who's said that? As far as what we've talked about the past few days, the plan seems to be that:

1) Everyone gets their own lunch at the place of their choice.

2) Then at 2:00, everyone who's going, meets at the Demon Drop pavillions for cake, treats and discussion. And for those who havn't been to the DD pavillions, you have to go out of the park gates and to the left..... it's stupid I know. Just look for the sign I made. It'll say "3rd Annual Opening Day Party".

3) After that, there will be a ride take over spree for those willing to go. That's what the itinerary seems to be.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I'm a little confused dude. What did you mean by Ride take over spree? Sorry I get confused easily sometimes.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service