Opening Day 2008!

Im planning on trying to get off work around 3... but no guarantees. If thats the case, I'll be to the campground around 6ish... and then to Challenge Park... I plan on using my "platinum" 10 dollar discount on Ripcord!

I can't wait! Sunday sounds like a doozy of a day... 70% chance of rain, and a high barely hitting 50 on the main land... that means 40's on the peninsula. Woot! (.com)

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

I also will need to to catch up on some extra work tomorrow then head out a little later than expected. Either way, should be up at bayshore at around 7:00 or 8:00 at the very latest. Can't wait to see everyone and do some serious Mario Karting (w/ no bumping or course) at challenge park.

-TO THE SPIRE!!!

MF crew 2003/2004
coasting since '83

I'll also take you up on that Ripcord ride Josh. I havnt been on RC yet and I'd love to get on it just to say I have.:)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Sounds good to me. I will be there probably about 9. Adam I will give you a call and see what you are up to when I get in the area.

Beeeeehhhhhhh!!!!!

I haven't posted in a while but I'm gonna definitely show up for the ride takeover. Should be a fun time :)

2008 - Games (Area 3/Scales)
2009 - Games Supervisor
2010 - Season pass holder.

^^Sounds good. I have a new cell #. I'll message it to you.

If y'all don't mind, I might just drop by to say hi at the picnic pavilion. I'll have my daughter with me, so we won't be participating in any takeovers (unless it's on Gemini or smaller.)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Of course we won't mind Mike. See everyone tomorrow!

I found out that I will be leaving work around 3. I should be arriving at the campground by 6:30... are we still meeting there, or are we meeting at Challenge Park?

Getting very excited for this weekend... and I have been really fine tuning my Mario Kart skills ;)

How about we meet at Challenge Park.

Ok... I will probably stop at the campground to check in and put my suitcase in there, but then I will head to the park from there.

Save your first Ripcord ride for me Adam! I think it will be more thrilling than you expect!

Less than 24 hours!  
What's the hour count?

Terror Island Screamster 08', 09', 10', 11'

Alright, so we are all meeting around 2pm at the Demon Drop pinic thingy?Just wanted to say I can't wait. And I think it is also important that we remember MrScott tomorrow, as we know he would love to be here with us.

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

Only 17 hours 18 minutes till the park is offically open at 10a.m May 10th! I can't wait!! :)

Last edited by Force00,

Coaster H.Q: 2007-2012
@CoasterHQ

For those of us with the Platinum Pass, one hour earlier!

Yay!!!

OMFG STEAM ROXORZ TEH BIG ONE111!'s avatar

I've been luring here since about the time of the LTB discussion during the building of TTD but hardly ever post. I am however at least a weekly if not daily reader of PB. I look forward to meeting some of you and doing some riding tomorrow.

Dale

Nice to see everyone again, and meet some new faces this year. Not sure what happened to Mikey and the cake, but those of us that did meet had fun riding together for a while on Saturday.

Despite Maverick being down for most of the day, it was still a great opening day. Started off my CP season with a rollback on the first train out on Top Thrill Dragster. Can't get much better than that!

Next trip will probably be the 21st for Maverick's ride night.

Last edited by Mark Small,

Yeah, it was nice being a part of the "takeovers" after
the cake went MIA. Got my first rollback as well and met
a few PointBuzzers. Despite a lot of the rides being down 
and being a little busy, it ended up being a fun-filled
opening day.

I was glad to see Gemini trains are being released so that hand-slapping can again occur, and they were hitting interval quite well and on our ride. Never any fun hitting those brakes and coming to a screeching halt because the train in front hasn't left yet.

Goodbye MrScott

John

ejh... I saw on your Facebook pics an Opening Day Party cake, but yet when all of us went to the Pavillion at 2PM no one was really there. There were about 10 of us who showed up, but by 2:25 there was no cake, so we all just left. What happened?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service