Opening Day 2008!

If it's alright, I had a neat design for a sign. And seeing that I work at a sign company, it'll be really kick butt and easy to make.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

That sounds good. You can make a sign. We should add the number of people in our party also to the list like we did last year:

Mikeybo2004 (4)- Cake, paper plates, plasticware.

Mikeybo2004 (4)- Cake, paper plates, plasticware.ejh1701 (1) -I can bring whatever, so are we just doing the cake then? Cause if thats the case, Mikey just signed up to bring all we need lol.

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

ejh1701 (1) -Will bring whatever.
TTD120 (4 maybe 5)- Sign

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

lol. We are gonna want something to drink and cups. I think that is it if we are not eating this year.

ejh1701 (1) -Will bring whatever.
TTD120 (4 maybe 5)- Sign
Coasterfan (1) - Can bring whatever

If we are not going to eat this year, then maybe what we should do is have a meet up for lunch at one of the park restaurants either before or after cake.

Last edited by Coasterfan,

-Paul

That's another idea.

You guys really love cake don't you?

I will be there for the 10th and 11th. I am thinking of getting a park cabin at Bayshore for a night. Sounds kind of a cool way to stay...be interesting to see what these things have. These "mini mobile homes"?

Anyways, how is getting your pass...opening day? Say I get there at 8:00 A.M. Will there be a line already?

You guys should try and plan out a "what sounds good for lunch" thing so you can plan....a meal :)

If this meal gets good enough I think I might have to contribute a dish and let my foodtv skills be put to the test. (No but hey I could pre-make some chicken quesadilla's that could be put on tin foil and re-heat them to temperature on the grill for instance).
Right now, burgers, brats or hot dogs just don't seem to hit the spot, and I plan my digestive track and meals months in advance too. Maybe May 10th they will sound good.

I could pre-cook Friday night like 30 baked potatoes weighing 6 ounces each and than store keep them in a cooler to keep them fresh that morning.

So maybe something like.....
(Random grilled meat item here)
Baked potato?
Chicken quesadilla's
Then we have to flip the bill for condiments such as salt, pepper, and ketchups, mustards, etc.

Problem now is planning this all out, no problem pre-cooking food and making it, but just making sure you bring enough. If I did come there would be a party of four. Factory party of four, I repeat...factory, party of four.

Last edited by factory81,

There's a good chance there will already be a decent line formed.

Well I will figure out what time they start processing people in that day, and if we have a 15 minute wait from the time they start processing people in that wouldn't be bad.

Seriously though figure out what sounds cool for food, or is it just a bring whatever, just make sure no one forgets the buns kind of thing?

Lunch sounds like a good idea to me because A. if it costs $5-6 to even begin looking at some food at CP per person, our group of 4 could cook enough food for 30 people wth $24. Not that we want to, but heck 15 pounds of potatoes only costs a few dollars, clean them, pre-cook them. Bring butter, salt, pepper, and maybe other condiments to load your potato up.

Find someone else to bring buns, find someone else to chip in and buy / pre-make some hamburger patties. Find someone to bring ketchup / mustard / pickles / cheese slices.
Citing cost and practicality...

Last edited by factory81,

I'm going to make it to opening day for my first time! And I've never met anyone on here, so that'll be kind of exciting. I'm pretty sure I'll be flying solo though. If there's anything you all want me to bring, just let me know :)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

K I will draw up a visual aid here or something so we can see whats going on and etc.

How about in the mean time....
What time should this dinner take place, and we need to figure out how many people will be attending this event so the correct amount of food is prepared.

I hate this computer at work. For some reason it does
not like to advance to the next line. I think it has 
something to do with the revised site. But, my puter
at home does jump down correctly.
Anyways,  I would not expect to wait any less than 2 
hours to process your pass on opening day. If you can
get to the park before opening day and process your
pass I would recommend doing so.  In my experience 
the closer it is to opening day the busier 
they are. Last year I went to the season pass
center 3 times with different people and each time 
they were busier. I got mine done on the first day 
and there were only a few other people there. I will 
be doing the same this year since we are going to KI 
on sunday. 

Peace,  Mikey

Last edited by Mikeybo2004,

Don't forget to wear your Pointbuzz Pin!

Terror Island Screamster 08', 09', 10', 11'

Ahhhh yes, the pins!! I still some left from last year(surprisingly)so if anyone wants one at the meeting they can.

I would like a pin.

2007 trips=39..08 trips=47..09 trips=79
maverick rides=143
dragster rollbacks=27

K I am probably going to count myself out as being chef here. My girlfriend is like so you plan on cooking food all day and not riding coasters?
And I was like...touche

All the more reason to go somewhere. Perhaps we could get a large table at Midway Market or outside tables at Johnny Rockets and then go back to the pavilions for the cake.

What about Fridays? I bet they could put us all in that backroom if we called ahead and agreed to go at a non peak time (2:00ish)

That is a good idea. I bet if we can get a head count and call ahead, it should not be a problem. The cake can be brought there too, I assume.

Terror Island Screamster 08', 09', 10', 11'

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service