Opening Day 2008!

Rain keeps the crowds away, and since Ill be there the whole weekend, I'm fine with whatever. Bonus Weekend last year was crazy. Monsoons seemed to hit every evening. The Soak City lot was completely flooded one night. And I was on Maverick when it hit.. That was a loooong wet walk.

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

I remember that. After feeling the temp drop considerably while riding Gemini, we were gonna grab a ride on Magnum then head out. Well, as we were walking to it, we saw an empty train exit the station. So we made a hard left and went to the car.

Good thing too because the skies opened, and we didn't even make it to the causeway before pulling over and waiting it out.

Goodbye MrScott

John

That was a walk to remember. At least those kids in the parking lot seemed to be having fun in that giant puddle....in fact, I remember them saying so.:)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Yeah, those kids were having fun with the water. Being trapped on Maverick in the storm was a lot less fun. :)

-Paul

I went one time back in the 90's and it just poured down rain all day long, White Water Landing was still around, so the only things that were open were the water rides, needless to say most everyone got sick after the trip because it was a cold rain, sometime in August I believe.

I'll not go again on a rainy day.

I just can't wait to get to the park.

Coaster H.Q: 2007-2012
@CoasterHQ

ltrain2006 said:
I plan on being there also...I am going to put my request off in ASAP. Anyone up for a Maverick 1st ride?

I'm in for this year considering Maverick is my favorite ride and I will be at LHP I am expecting first train.

On a side note right before the park opens on opening day me and my dad may host a Bagel Baloo for those of you who want to come.

Disaster Transport 2012

Welp. For the first time in 8 years, I'm breaking tradition.

I don't care whether or not it's going to be cold, rainy or sunny in Sandusky, OH, as I will be in Orlando, FL. :)

Kind of sucks to see such a longstanding tradition go down the drain, but hey, at least it's not because I have to work or something. Besides, I'll be at Disney for a whole week, without a car to drive, a meal to pay for, etc.. I'll be living the dream.

Sorry to hear you breaking a tradition. We'll see ya some other time.

This year is looking just like last year for me. Since it's Mother's Day weekend I'll be working forsure. Our sous chef is going to be on vacation for the week so I won't ask for the time off. I'll do like I did last year and leave for Sandusky after Mother's Day brunch is done around 3 on Sunday and spend Monday and Tuesday in the park. Should be fun!

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Then we'll See ya on monday.

Sadly, I won't be able to stay till Monday.

But I think we're going to come down Friday and stay till Sunday. Just not sure where to stay yet. Debating between Bayshore and LHP.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Vince, I'll send you a text message from Canada at Epcot. :)

hey brendan its not like you did any real work anyways except run into cars with the snow plow at work

Haha thanks Josh. John hopefully I can get to the park Sunday evening and we can meet up for a ride or something. You're one of the only members I haven't met.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

And it's probably better off that way, Vince. ;)

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

So what do you guys think for a meet up time and what exactly are we planning on doing? For the last two years coasterking39 (john) supplied all the stuff for the grill, but he unfortunately is no longer a member for some reason. With that in mind, in addition to all the hassle included in making hot dogs and bringing all the sides with it, I would be in favor of just meeting up and having some of that cake mikey always brings. That way we can meet up, but not have to worry about everyone showing and bringing what they promised.Unless someone else wants to bring all the stuff for the grill. I'll bring the dogs like last year, and could bring the buns.Its really up to yall, since John isn't around someone else would have to step up. But personally I'd just be in favor of downsizing to just getting together and eating the cake.Your thoughts?

Last edited by ejh1701,

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

brendan its not like you have any friends to meet you at cedar point opening day you might as well go sit n the geauga lake parking lot

Last edited by Penn State fan,

Instead of something like hotdogs, why not just keep it limited to small dishes along with the cake.

We should start a list. Same as prior years.
Just copy and paste the list and add on to it.
Is everyone ok with the same tables as last year?

Mikeybo2004- Cake, signs, paper plates, plasticware.

Last edited by Mikeybo2004,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service