Opening Day 2007!

I'm with Ben on this one. I'll be there Monday and Tuesday after Opening Day.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

But you sure are going to miss out on one heck of a party!:)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I'll take the short lines and less crowds.

That's why I'm doing both. I always try to plan as many visits during May and early June, when it's possible to ride as much as you like and not have to endure hours-long waits and ninety-degree temperatures. That's really my prime Cedar Point season.

I'll be there on Opening day Saturday, and again on Monday, probably with a third day on either Wednesday or Thurdsay.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

"I" I think this everyone is pretty much liking #1. It is the best design.

Gotta agree with Ensign Smith. I'll be there for Opening Day simply because it is opening day, but then I'll definately be back the first week again. Perhaps on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

I love opening day, can't wait for May 12th!

"I". I'll be there opening day. Also, I agree that #1 is the best design.

-Paul

UPDATE!
I just found a place to make the buttons/badges!! So all I need is for everyone to show up opening day.:)

P.S.-Dont forget to PM me if you arent making it to opening day but still want one. And let me make it clear that while Im willing to give them out to anyone, I would prefer to give them to people who will be making regular trips to the point. If you only plan on making 1 or 2 trips, then the button really isnt for you. This is because the place I'm getting them made is charging me $4 a button (expensive I know, but it's the only place I can find) and I'm only going to get soo many made. So far I have about 15 people on my list and I'm planning on getting 20 made for right now. If need so, I will have more made, but not at this moment as I need to spend a great deal of money on getting my cars transmission replaced (hopefully I wont have to use everything in my account).
Here's the list of names:
Walt: I'll make you one if you'd like (same for you Jeff)
Mark Small
Gomez
Shawn Meyer
JordanRCT
Ensign Smith
Good Grief…
99er
John Stouffer III
JuggaLotus
~BRIAN~
Mikeybo2004
Flight of the Raptor
Coasterfan
Bootz3456

If your name is on here but you dont want one, let me know. Instead of having the names printed on the buttons Im just going to laminate them on so I as to avoid making buttons and having someone want their name off the list.
Thanks everyone and hope to see you all opening day.

Opening day isn't going to happen for me. My wife's cousin's wedding is that day. But I'm gonna try for Sunday or Monday.

I'll get if from you some time Adam.

Goodbye MrScott

John

No prob.

TTD,

Those are cool pins but I agree with everyone else that #1 is the best. Could you make two? One for Coasterqueen68 and I. I will pay you for them as I see it's going to be costly for you to do this. Thanks.

"I!"

Have you considered makeing them yourself? At $4 each for 20, I think you may be able to get a do-it-yourself kit, and make 20 of them for less than the $80 it would cost to buy them.

hey TTD like everyone else i like the first design too and i'd be more then happy to reinburse you for the pin and a friend of mine is planning on being at the gates at 3 am so if who ever gets there first and sees one single guy cooking burgers at the soak city gates yea thats him....im planning on being there around 5 just to keep him company and wait for everyone else if anyone wants a burger ill have him bring some for you guys even though its kinda early some of you might have a taste for one

^^ Im still looking for one. I found one at a JoAnn fabrics ($17) but the buttons were only 1inch in diameter! Too small!! Youd barely see the name let alone the design in general. So I took it back.

BUT if everyone is willing to just accept not having their screen names on them then I will go back and get it again. It would make both the cost ALLOT cheaper AND virtually get rid of the trouble with the names. For reference, the buttons were about the same size as a dollar coin.
I'll keep looking for another place to make the buttons since 4 &%$#@(&! dollars is WAY too much for one stinking button. Though I might have missunderstood the man since he kind of slurred it. He might have said $4 a dozen.......cause that would be fantastic. Thought even that seems too low. I'll get that straightened out and still search for another place.
And if everyone is OK with the the whole 1" button, say yay! That way I can just give them to ANYONE who wants one without limiting it to just people who go to the point more than once.

Flight_of_the_Raptor said:
hey TTD like everyone else i like the first design too and i'd be more then happy to reinburse you for the pin and a friend of mine is planning on being at the gates at 3 am so if who ever gets there first and sees one single guy cooking burgers at the soak city gates yea thats him....im planning on being there around 5 just to keep him company and wait for everyone else if anyone wants a burger ill have him bring some for you guys even though its kinda early some of you might have a taste for one

Sorry for the double post but 3am!!!?? Holy crap!! Is that even possible?? Can you even get in THAT early??
And yeah I'll pass on the burgers thank you. 6 in the morning is tooo early for me to be eating lunch....seeing that I'll also be skipping breakfast. But if your friend is willing to cook some eggs and bacon, I'm all up for it!!!:)

yea thats just who crazy he is... im not sure if you can get in that early either but im sure one of the workers might know. and yea it would make sense to make some eggs and bacon or something like that whats the earliest everyones gonna be there?

Actually, now that you mention it, I might even prefer the option of not having my name on it.

*** Edited 3/14/2007 11:52:45 AM UTC by 0g***

^^Well I’m hoping to be there slightly before 6.
And I think I’m going to buy the 1" button maker. I think without the names in the way, I can enhance the image and make it more noticeable.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service