Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

sorry to double post but i found something really funny...also sorry that this has nothing to do with anything but i was just randomly looking at the thrill rides on the cp website and for matterhorn it says located near the scrambler and for scrambler it says located near the matterhorn...okay sorry it made me laugh so i thought i'd share (:

-Mike

MilleniumFan94 said:
I think "Stratosoar" is actually Canada's Wonderland's new ride.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?pid=4892767&id=95469803923&ref=fbx_album

I think you might be right. That definatly mixes things up a bit.

Quick question that may help with the rumors (or hurt, lol). Shoot the Rapids was about 10.5 million if I remember correctly. If the new ride was pushed back due to money/economy, can we assume the new ride will cost a lot more?

I'm not saying they are going to spend another 25 million on something like TTD or MF anytime soon, but there comes a point financially where you could rule out the less expensive rides if 10.5 million was ok to spend during tough times.

80+ coasters and counting

^Exactly what I was saying before. I thought about this, a Star Flyer wouldn't work, would it? It isn't that much money I would doubt.

I thought they pushed back STR because the banks crashed in the fall of '08, therefore it made more sense to wait another year before spending 10.5 million.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Yeah i thought it was STR that was pushed back not the new ride.

-Mike

Thanks for finding that, crazy. I'll tell you what, those are a lot more intense than they look. I remember taking my daughter on it when she was two (!!!) years old, not really understanding what we were in for. (I followed the height restrictions for the ride, and she qualified.) I remember holding on to Ava for dear life, or so it felt.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Oh, so you are saying it was STR that was the big spend? Ah, maybe I got my info confused.

Ensign Smith said:

RideMan said:
Hmmm...Mondial ought to consider adding pneumatic cylinders to kick the arms in and out on that Wind Seeker thing....

(ever ride a Huss Swing Around or Bee Bee?)

What was the ride at Kennywood that used to sit on top of the old outdoor theater? Was it a predecessor to the Swing Around? (I can't find any pics of a Bee Bee to make a comparison.)

That was exactly the ride model I was alluding to. Cedar Fair has one ("Fijord Fairlane") at Worlds of Fun.

There was talk about a ride that would bring back memories or some such nonsense?
In that case the most logical ride for Cedar Point to put in would be some revival of the Allan Herschell Sky Wheel.

A new double wheel on the peninsula would be the...what do the kids say...the shizz?

I just rode one of the old Herschell ones a couple of weeks ago. They are a lot of fun, and because of the cyclodic path (epicyclodic path?) you get some weird accelerations in just the right places.

It isn't hard to find people who are *still* mad at Cedar Point for taking theirs out. I guess it's their "Flying Eagles".

So who is the Nungester of CP, anyway? ;)

LOL! That's a good question! :)

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

So, if we get a Star Flyer this year, is a coaster 100% coming in 2012?

^Hopefully, unless they want me to tear up the planet.

-Mike

I just don't see us getting a Wind Seeker/Star Flyer. If CF plans this kind of stuff years in advance, then we wouldn't be getting a Wind Seeker. The concept just came out this year. And with this new ride being on the lake, it is going to have to withstand wind 24/7. So a Star Flyer is out.

I may have missed this, but was anything confirmed about the location of the new ride? I know the location by Ocean Motion makes sense, but is there somewhere else a new ride could go?

ThunderbirdsMT said:

MilleniumFan94 said:
I think "Stratosoar" is actually Canada's Wonderland's new ride.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?pid=4892767&id=95469803923&ref=fbx_album

I think you might be right. That definatly mixes things up a bit.

Let's remember, however, that the "Stratosoar" trademark was filed in the US, not Canada. Does that mean anything? Maybe, maybe not.

You can search Trademarks registered by Cedar Fair in Canada here. All but two appear to have originally been filed by Paramount... and those two were filed in 1994.

Edit: Unlike in the US where trademarks appear to be filed under "Cedar Fair," most of the Canada's Wonderland trademarks appear to be filed under "Canada's Wonderland." Even so, I don't see any "Stratosoar."

Last edited by DBCP,

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

SuperSonicGoalie said:
Also, fun means nothing. The park is fun, the stock ticker is FUN. I see your point, but I still say there is nothing pointing to anything as yet.

You don't know that "fun" means nothing, so to claim as much is categorically false. I don't know that it definitely means something, and I've said as much more than once (including in very the post you quoted in your reply).

I get it - you realllllllllllly want a new coaster. Guess what? So do I! But unlike you, I'm not willing to ignore the few possible clues we do have, just so I can keep pretending 2011's new attraction is going to be a coaster, as you (and others) seem determined to do.

You can wish in one hand, and crap in the other, and see which gets filled first. :)

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Is it always customary to just roll over ones post and just keep on going with your own rantings and ramblings? I said that it just might be an S & S Freefly themed to an eagle something or other. Eagles tend to soar in the strata, if you know what I mean.

Well, with your attitude, I'm shocked no one is responding. Shocked I say! ;)

At this point, whether justified or not, the rumor mill/guessing game has sort of zeroed in on the most likely candidates for 2011's addition. For whatever reason, a 4D coaster is not on that list. It's nothing personal.

Brandon

Well, it's rude to just ship over peoples posts and not consider what they have to say, making it seem that what you have to say is far more important.

SuperSonicGoalie said:
As a matter of fact no clues last year pointed to a flume at all other than the fact that they had been without one since WWL was removed to make way for Maverick.

Last year, the rumors consistently pointed toward a flume, while a certain segment of the community refused to believe that, and insisted CP was putting in a new coaster. Fast-forward to today, and we have an almost identical situation - the rumors pointing consistently toward a Starflyer knockoff, while a certain segment of the community refuses to believe next year's attraction could possibly be anything other than a coaster. Only this time, in addition to the rumors, we have some clues that may (or may not) point to a Starflyer knock off as well.

I still say the most compelling clue this year is a quarter-century-old trend of roller coasters being installed at least every four years. This is year four.

First of all, that's not a clue. And that trend may be entirely coincidental, or may have been abandoned. Consider that we know StR was delayed a year (from 2009 to 2010) due to the economy. So, how far out was the cap ex plan pushed forward? We don't know, and may never know. With the economy (and CF's debt situation) the way it is, it's plausible that cap ex plans for the next few years have been pushed forward, meaning what they're debuting next year was originally slated for this year, and their "fourth year coaster" will actually debut for year 5.

Times change, and with their "build a coaster every four years" plan not producing any measurable bump in attendance, perhaps they've abandoned that trend.

Brandon

[url][url]It looks like Canada's Wonderland is announcing a week from today.

cyberwolf57 said:
Well, it's rude to just ship over peoples posts and not consider what they have to say, making it seem that what you have to say is far more important.

Your kidding right?

There are rules about what not to post. But, beyond that, if people choose not to respond to another's post, then that's their prerogative. Did you ever consider that everyone was so in awe of your awesome idea that you rendered them speechless? ;)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service