Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Trying to figure out what they are planning with all these flats for sale is pure guesswork. Even with DD going to Dorney, its land wasn't used this year, and from the looks of it, won't be next year either.

Ocean Motion on the other hand, gets money spent in renovations only to be put up for sale. It really makes no sense without knowing the finer details of what's going on. You would think they would fix up OM to move it somewhere else in the park or chain rather than just selling it.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

The stage infront of the Stadium has been there since opening day. The school bands and chiors use it when they visit.

Does anybody think they pushed back the announcement date like they did with TTD? They have all of August left, but its not like it hasnt happened before.

Let's Get Weird.

Jason: that is true, and a good point. But if that's the case, then T&T's 'stakes' blog entry was an utter red herring (and it has precedent, I know). But also, Kinzel has stated that Attraction 2011 will be located near the beach. So if not in that location, where? The most logical choice is (1) where new stakes have been put in and officially publicized and (2) where a ride coincidentally directly next to the location of said stakes has been put up for sale.

It's a fun game, and we'll find out how wrong we all are all too soon, I'm sure. ;)

Last edited by Ensign Smith,

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Let me be the first to point out that they are creating 0 hype about this. You are the ones creating it entirely on your own. If the announcement is made, and you guys are unhappy because it's not "what they led you to believe", again this year, I'm going to be angry and I'll probably grumble a lot.

Chuck Wagon said:
Ocean Motion on the other hand, gets money spent in renovations only to be put up for sale. It really makes no sense without knowing the finer details of what's going on.

But would you take your car and put it up for sale with peeling paint, worn tires, worn brakes and a sticky transmission and expect to get top dollar for it?

The increase in possible sale price by the recent refurbishment probably offset the cost of the refurbishment. If that is truly the case, then it definitely makes sense for Cedar Point to have done it.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Long time lurker, I've read the clues and have been trying to keep up on the threads as best I can. I don't see were some are 110% that its a Starflyer? I'm also not sure were people are getting that they know the exact size of the location in question? I usually just sit back and read the posts and thats about it. I like how some say that its too late to start building a coaster or that the area is too small or this or that. So my thinking is if you weren't in the room when they the Cedar Point executives made the call on what they wanted you have no business telling anyone else their wrong.

Wouldn't this be the latest clue on Facebook? The picture of the windmill?

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/cedarpoint?v=app_146095325419845&ref=ts

e x i t english said:
Let me be the first to point out that they are creating 0 hype about this. You are the ones creating it entirely on your own.

No hype at all from the park... Except for the blog posts and facebook posts.. but no hype... 0.. from the park.

bfmcvs1 said:

Sorry the link didn't paste correctly.....Its under there tab label new for 2011

August 24th!

A good point Jugga, but this is a 1981 Huss pirate boat. I just don't think that equals big $$$ no matter what condition it might be in. I admit that I have little knowledge of what the used amusement ride market is like, but it just doesn't compute for me.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Whats funny is when you click on the pic it takes you to the UEN website. Which is a class on Windy weather. Appears to me its a starflyer but we will know for sure on 8/24

Well, Cedar Point has their own maintenance department that does make their own parts when necessary. It is quite possible that the work they put into it, if done by some 3rd party refurbishing company, would have cost considerably more.

The same kind of 3rd party refurbishing company that a smaller park that would be interested in buying this ride would have had to use to clean the ride up.

So it doesn't seem too far fetched for them to have cleaned the ride up themselves in order to be able to sell it at a larger profit.

Goodbye MrScott

John

bfmcvs1 said:

[url][url]

Here's a fixed link.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Only one more week and we will know and we can stop all this wild speculation

PrawoJazdy said:

No hype at all from the park... Except for the blog posts and facebook posts.. but no hype... 0.. from the park.

Uh, yeah. Exactly what have they done to "hype" the ride? - they said it was going to be fun, but isn't that the point of an amusement park ride, anyway?

Last edited by e x i t english,

It may turn out to be extremely significant that CP and CW announce on the same day.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Perhaps Cedar Fair got a 2 for 1 deal ;)

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Long time lurker, first time poster. I am going out on a limb and saying expansion of Soak City. Worlds largest water coaster and proslide Tornado, along with a few other slides. One will go on the far south end of the park near Breakers the others will occupy what is now south half circle of the camper village circle. Of course I would not be surprised if there was a new Starflyer in the old Demon Drop location.

Don't Hassle Me, I'm New Here

It is a bit interesting that the first clue is wind... as in Wind Seeker....

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service