Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Stop it. You're gonna make me sleepy too.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

CanadianPointKid said:
Cyclone evidence

1. Airtime anagram could possibly be representative of Mt. Airie, birthplace of Boeckling who served as CEO during Cyclone years.

Where do you get this from? Everything I can find shows that Boeckling's family was from the Michigan City area, which is nowhere near Mt. Airie. I think there are contortionists who couldn't even make this stretch.

Goodbye MrScott

John

CanadianPointKid said:
3. Next year fits the four year pattern of coaster building

What 4 year pattern?

1987 - 1989 = 2 years
1989 - 1991 = 2 years
1991 - 1994 = 3 years
1994 - 1996 = 2 years
1996 - 1999 = 3 years
1999 - 2000 = 1 year
2000 - 2002 = 2 years
2002 - 2003 = 1 year
2003 - 2007 = 4 years

So where exactly is this 4 year pattern?

5. Canada's Wonderland countdown includes a clue that asks "How High", possibly suggesting that their new ride fits the 'StatoSoar' monicker.

I'm pretty sure even from the start, the caveat was thrown out there that it may not mean anything for Cedar Point's addition.

6. A third tower ride, and second large swing ride in that area of the park seems slightly strange.

Where are the other 2 towers and other swing type ride? Yes, maXair swings like a pendulum, but that's nothing like what a funtime/mondial swing would do.

7. Reduces the area of opportunity for a possible wooden coaster in the future

Not really if they are creative with it.

*Edited to avoid more double posts*

Last edited by JuggaLotus,

Goodbye MrScott

John

You all think it's a coaster. WHY???? Maybe I am way off, but I am standing by my prediction of a recreation of the Water Swing in some form. This idea that a coaster is built every 4 years is rediculous. This park does not have to build coasters to be successful. They have proven that with the new attractions over the past few years. Skyhawk and MaxAir are two great examples. How about the rehab and updates of the games area? How about the interactive fountain? This should be fun to watch. I loved picturing all the dissappointed faces after reading the posts related to the STR announcement. What a cool ride, yet people pissed and moaned because they didn't get their coaster. There are plenty here to ride. CP isn't going to have every flavor of coaster built today. Why should they? They are expensive to build, maintain and also attract a limited crowd. I think the park is great the way it is. Anything added would be welcomed in my humble opinion.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

@Kreed 300, I think I read somewhere on here it's a maintenance shed and is for STR? Also how does AIRtImE look like a coaster hill, I'm missing something here unless you mean the A.

80+ coasters and counting

^ I think he's referring to the alternating capital / lower case letters at the end. This is my first experience with a new ride at CP, and there is enough stretching here to make a yoga master hurt. Is this normal ;)

kreed300 said:I agree on every word, however, someone mentioned on here (can't remember when or who posted it), but there's a shed next to Millennium force after you go down the first drop! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4qUzGF4hGw&feature=relatedwhen you see the shed take a closer look, there's wood! maybe changing different peaces of wood for Mean Streak? Possibly, but this shed came out of the blue this year, it was never there last year.

Yes, it now houses the Starlight floats as well as misc items. It's no different than the new shed that was built for STR. They were both built during construction of STR. So this shed didnt really "come out of the blue". We've just acknowledged that it's just a shed and nothing else.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Maybe it is where the lemon chill guy has been hanging out, haven't heard any rumors from him lately.

@Tim Seydell, I really wouldn't know, it maybe for STR, or for something else, I'm just throwing something out that I've never seen before, that's all!

As for the clue "AIRtImE" I'm just guessing why some of the letters are capitalized and lowercased like everybody else, I'm pretty sure I'm wrong but you never know.

@TTD 120mph sounds right, just curious of what it was. :)

Last edited by kreed300,

"And God spaeketh, and Moses did listen as He said that Cedar Point would never wait more than four years between coaster installations."*

*Well, really this only covers a timespan of less than a third of CP's total existence, and is subject to end at any time without prior notice.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

WOW, today an employee told me the fate of SOB at Kings Island and all about Cedar Points new Stratosphere ride, LOL,

I can not wait until next Tuesday and stop this MADNESS!!!

SOB's fate has actually turned into a redemption. It went from something I could care less about (it) to something I DO care about (a haunted house). :)

I was reading 1 of the Books of Cedar Point, and that has many things about the Park. In the History there where words AIRTIME many times with the "CYCLONE". I think that will be the next Coaster in the future. It was made right where they have the New THRILL RIDE for 2011. I might be wrong; as I say "WAIT til NEXT YEAR"

TJthomas said:
WOW, today an employee told me the fate of SOB at Kings Island and all about Cedar Points new Stratosphere ride, LOL,

I can not wait until next Tuesday and stop this MADNESS!!!

Really what did he tell you about Son of Beast? Just curious.

It's being turned into a haunt for their halloween event.

that mondail star thing is a big waste it is another carnival ride on steroids i mean cedar point does not need anymore of these waste of space rides they are only souped up carnival rides in that area anyways i mean carnival rides are a waste of maintenance time and a waste of cedar point money i worked as a ride foreman for the carnivals for a number of years and those things always breaks down the lighting on those are not the best and parts even in house are expensive has anyone really been to cedar point or near the lake in the winter for that matter the winds off the lake is horrible so i am not certain a wind seeker/starflyer could handle a sandusky/cedar point winter especially at 200ft plus as they are a single support ride i remember a ride cedar point had that was a single support ride and they tore it down cause it got damaged by the wind or a winter storm and the next season they agreed that for safety they would tear it down

If i am wrong tell me
I am not prefect neither is anyone else

http://www.mondialrides.com/products/Top_Scan/images.html

here is the link to the carnival ride on steroids sorry i had to find it but it would fit in with the carnival theme over there on that side of the park

If i am wrong tell me

Please use periods, you're post is very difficult to read. Thanks.

The windseeker is designed to withstand higher winds by the way, the Starflyer, not so much.

80+ coasters and counting

i can not wait till Tuesday so it can kill the starflyer or swing ride rumors

If i am wrong tell me

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service