Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

It could just as easily point to the hill of a coaster. Or a drop tower. Or the space needle. Unless there's a guy on swing hanging from its neck.

And dinosaur - Stratosoar doesn't really link a starflyer. Just the name that is thought to be for a starflyer according to the forums, not CP.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I can't see the image because I'm at work and it's blocked the site. But I do believe that if it is a skeleton of the dinosaur, it may be a reference to digging something up from the past and not too much more. I don't know if they would be that obvious with the "saur" "soar" part of the word, but who knows...

When the word "stratosoar" first was being talked about people were talking about how funny it sounds, because it sounds like a dinosaur. Wouldn't you know it... a clue is a dinosaur, and not just any dinosaur, one of the tallest and thinnest.

Maybe Cedar Point's getting a dinosaur museum. ;)

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

vwhoward said:
It's odd, but I don't see starflyer in this at all.

Shocker!

Brandon

Kyle2154 said:

Really? I have seen Star Flyer in every quote, blog, article, and clue thus far.

Really? I have not seen Star Flyer in any quote, blog, article, and clue thus far.

Ride on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/TopThrillCedarPoint

Here's the photos for you non-facebookers out there.

http://rollercoasterfreak.com/Cedar_Point/2011_clues.bmp

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

With all of the solidification that this is going to be a Star Flyer and now we get two clues.

The first... mentions putting kids in a circle, going around with their hands out, feeling the wind.

The second... the tallest dinosaur with a huge, thin neck.

Really? Tony is practically spoon feeding it to the haters now.

I for one am on board with thinking that the new ride is indeed a Star Flyer. Immediately when I saw today's clue, I thought of Stratosoar with the similarity between the sound of "dinosaur." While I think this clue does point strongly in the new direction of the name being Stratosoar, I think what's left to do is just figure out what Stratosoar is...

They can tease us with various aspects of the ride - the ride cycle itself, the structure and look, the name etc. I believe yesterday had to do with more the thrill the ride is going to give, while today's clue concentrates on more the name of the ride. Just my thoughts.

The link from the 2nd clue says "Herrerasaurus was one of the earliest dinosaurs. Its body shape suggests that this dinosaur was a very fast hunter, and that it could turn quickly from side to side. "

Coasterfan17 said:
The link from the 2nd clue says "Herrerasaurus was one of the earliest dinosaurs. Its body shape suggests that this dinosaur was a very fast hunter, and that it could turn quickly from side to side. "

If you are referencing the "featured dinosaur", it changes with every click of the link or refresh.

Thanks for catching that. haha I thought I was on to something

Thanks for the pic since I'm at work and can't see the facebook page. I do believe the Star Flyer type ride as being the most likely. I'm just still keeping my options open.

I see a Wind Seeker ride.

Mondial has revealed plans for a new tower attraction.

Designed following requests from clients who wanted a Star Flyer-style ride they could still operate within normal wind conditions, the Wind Seeker is the result.

Thats a right fitting to all types of weather on the island.

Oh look, the shape of the dinosaur's neck looks like the 1st hill of a wooden roller coaster!!!!!!!!111!!! it's going to be a coaster!! :) :) :)

GATEKEEPER-I came, I rode, I was mildly disappointed; until a second ride (rear left) put GateKeeper back on the...it's a nice ride list.

Has anyone ever considered these clues mean nothing? Maybe that Tony is just messing with out heads watching us argue on here over meaningless clues?

"Picking out still images from a computer animation is not easy work! Just sayin'. ;)"

That statement was made on Tony's twitter account two hours ago. which leads me to believe the images he is giving us are right from the ride animation itself. There is no doubt in my mind that the clue just given to us hints at the name Stratosoar. I also find it hard to believe that any roller coaster would be called Stratosoar.

@OKSIRYDOC, I would assume, when the ride is announced that each clue/picture will make sense. For instance, when it is announced it is a Star Flyer (or knock-off), the first two clues, Wind/hands out/tall dino"saur", will be obvious.

Since, apparently they aren't already.

Last edited by Kyle2154,

1st clue: site talks about kids spinning in the wind.
2nd clue: link to kids dinosaur site
JH says he doesn't think he will ride this? Skyline depends on your perspective (like if you were really short)
Site near snoopy land.
Sounds like a kids ride to me. Man I've been nothing but positive lately :).

Joined 10/29/02 as realmadrid311 403 prior posts never liked that name.

What are you talking about. I will definitely ride it. ;)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service