Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

So, now you're just picking and choosing the data that helps fit your "pattern". That's rich. But not smooth.

And its not about "hating" on someone who has a different opinion. It's about pointing out obvious flaws in an erroneously drawn conclusion.

Last edited by JuggaLotus,

Goodbye MrScott

John

You do know that adults are allowed to ride Woodstock Express, right?

Actually, I really hope it's not a StarFlyer. I can't even ride Wave Swinger without having a to take a 30 minute break afterwards, so I won't even try riding a 300 foot model.

But the evidence we have now points toward that being what we'll get. And I have yet to see anyone put together an argument for something else that fits the evidence we have and isn't full of holes.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Yeah, I'm firmly in the camp that would rather next year's attraction be anything except a Starflyer-type ride, as I cannot ride spinny things. But my personal bias doesn't affect my critical thinking skills. :)

Brandon

I have yet to see the clues assembled enough to convince me its a starflyer. We've seen two clues, officially, airtime and a pic of a windmill. And the interview from dick about it being a thrill ride, reminiscent of the history of cedar fair, and good for the teenage market, nothing points to anything except a new ride. If anything, you've all convinced each other its a starflyer with little outside influence. It very well could be...but it could also be many other things. No matter what it is, I'm sure I'll ride it...but if it is a starflyer type ride, it won't be often.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I cannot ride anything that spins. So, whether this is a direct Starflyer ripoff or a Windseeker, I will not be able to ride it, which is quite disappointing, to say the least.

Brandon

Probably not. Its not the chains/restraints on swings that I don't like, its the spinny motion.

Plus, I have a BIG problem with heights, so that would be an additional issue for me. Now, it is that problem with heights that is why I do enjoy the Turbo Drop side of Power Tower so much. But I'm not sure I would want to put up with the spinny motion just to confront my fear.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I get a little dizzy on wave swinger, but I can counteract it by just focusing on the chair in front of me. Everything around is whirling by, relative to me though, the swing in front of me isn't.

I can ride anything*, MaXair, calypso, tilt-a-whirl, wave swinger. Even if I do get dizzy it doesn't make me sick or nauseous. I want to be sure to ride a spinner each and every time to at least make some attempt to keep a high tolerance.

*with the exception of Mean Streak :)

See, maXair, I'm fine on. Chaos I could ride for hours. But SkyHawk, Ocean Motion, Wave Swinger, Scrambler are one and dones for me.

Goodbye MrScott

John

How many more people are going to post a link from Mondail Rides as if we haven't seen it before? I tend to think too many people dont read, they just post.

From Tony's twitter

Last edited by nate0902,

nate0902 said:
From Tony's twiter

His Tweet... CPTony: Picking out still images from a computer animation is not easy work! Just sayin'. ;) (36 minutes ago from TweetDeck)

Yeah. It didn't show up when I tried posting it.

Have they ever used computer animation for a thrill ride at Cedar Point?

Last edited by nate0902,

Had that problem yesterday with posting a tweet...have to copy and paste to notepad then into here to get it to work.

Well, the latest clue on FB is a picture of a Brachiosaur skeleton.

Anyone got one of those dream interpretation books, because I got nothing on this one.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Jugga...I think the hint in that one is the super long neck it has.

As much as I dont't want it to be......

DINOSAUR = STRATOSOAR???

The clues seem to be point more to the star flyer. : (

Last edited by 96pgt,

Super long neck -> super tall and thin...

Brachiosaur -> Stratosoar?

Just thinking out loud here.

Last edited by Kyle2154,

Maybe bringing back an oldie, a fossil. The link goes to a kids dinosaur info page. It's odd, but I don't see starflyer in this at all.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

vwhoward said:
Maybe bringing back an oldie, a fossil. The link goes to a kids dinosaur info page. It's odd, but I don't see starflyer in this at all.

Really? I have seen Star Flyer in every quote, blog, article, and clue thus far.

And as mentioned just above, it's not that hard to link this to Star Flyer either. In fact, it's almost obvious.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service