Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

To bring back what someone asked on a previous page (in response to Tony's twitter update), have they ever had computer animation renderings for thrill rides?

I can't remember if they had them for Skyhawk and maXair.

Last edited by RacefortheSky1234,

They did, showing what the area would look like with the ride in place with scenery. Maybe a few clips of POV spliced in, but not like the StR full ride PoV.

Goodbye MrScott

John

^^Yeah, they always had a little animation of it. Nothing big really.

cpfanatic066 said:

I also find it hard to believe that any roller coaster would be called Stratosoar.

On the other hand, this is the company that gave us 'Flight Deck'.... ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

CW fans are convinced they have the Star Flyer. Just saying...

There is no law preventing both CW and CP from installing similar or identical rides. Just saying...

Brandon

Just thinking, how cool would it be if they did the Wind seeker type ride, but instead of continuing down slowly, it stopped at the top and just dropped like a normal drop tower, I'm sure this is not the case, but that could be something new that hasn't been made before (that I know of). Obviously this would not work at all with a Star Flyer, just throwin it out there, trying to think outside the box.

djDaemon said:
There is no law preventing both CW and CP from installing similar or identical rides. Just saying...

Yeah, I wouldn't at all be surprised if both CW and CP get the same ride.

CPboy77 said:

djDaemon said:

Yeah, I wouldn't at all be surprised if both CW and CP get the same ride.

Which would leave a lot of CapEx on the table (assuming these things are still around $5M) for Knotts. Maybe even Kings Island? At least for something moderate.

Have you subtracted the "normal" or "every year" cap ex from the total? I seem to remember that smaller improvements (things we might not even notice if they weren't pointed out to us) were part of the cap ex figure.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

While it's not a free-fall, I suggest you take a gander at this here video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1FngVMHP7s

And this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl2VHeUpZxU&feature=related

^I only thought it went up and then down. Not up and down..up and down. Makes it even more scary in my opinion.

Hmmm...kids spinning with their hands out in the wind, a windmill, a dinosaur...Add that to Bill Sphen's clues "You will be surprised....not disappointed"

This may still add up to a Cyclone remake. Obviously, I'm still one of those people who's hanging on to one last shred of hope that it's not going to be a Star Flyer.

Blimst said:
^I only thought it went up and then down. Not up and down..up and down. Makes it even more scary in my opinion.

Yeah, especially the one at Tivoli. It's HUGE. I'm surprised at how fast it moves up and down the tower, too.

djDaemon said:
Have you subtracted the "normal" or "every year" cap ex from the total? I seem to remember that smaller improvements (things we might not even notice if they weren't pointed out to us) were part of the cap ex figure.

No, but with or without it, we are still talking about a lot of money. Around $60M still on the table, and if CP and CW are only dropping that total down to $50M, someone is getting something huge (like Knotts) and "maybe" they'll throw something into Kings Island too.

Something about those numbers doesn't add up.

Brandon

That's what I am thinking. There is no way one park or even two is getting 50M. You could install two Millennium Force's with that kind of money.

Having just ridden the Star Flyer knock-off at Martin's Fantasy Island, which also is programmed to rise and fall more than once, I can tell you that you barely notice the effect unless you're paying attention to the relative distances to features below you. The ride is dominated by the ever-present lateral/swinging sensation. That program is just decorative, imo.

So who's left to get the big money? KI, Dorney, Knotts, Great America, WoF, and MiA unless I missed one.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I doubt GA gets anything substantial. Maybe a new cornhole. ;)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service