Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

I'm with you still on the Cyclone but I see a wind Seeker still.

SuperSonicGoalie said:
I also read somewhere that a coaster is too expensive given the current financial position of the company.

You mean, other than the two huge steel coasters they built for the 2010 season?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I didn't realize that Dorney was also slated for a Planet Snoopy. So that leaves KI, Knotts, WoF, and MiA.

I wish KI would get another (good) coaster. There is absolutely no buzz that suggests they are getting anything at all. I'll be disappointed if the SOB debacle is solved by just tearing it down and not replacing it the same year.

MiA seems too small to merit a major new ride. As for the others, I don't know enough to comment intelligently.

Anyone remember how much Maxair and Skyhawk cost? I would expect the new ride to be in that range. Was it really only 5 mil?

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Worlds of Fun is also getting a Planet Snoopy. Maybe MiA will get there connection midway finally. I think both maXair ad Skyhawk were around 6 million. Carowinds is rumored to get a Starlight which takes away another 1-2 million.

Last edited by pointperson,

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

Why all the hate towards a Star Flyer? It looks pretty fun actually.

I definatly do not hate the idea, I think it would be a nice addition. I also feel like a GCI woodie would be a nice addition too, which is what I would rather have personally, but I do think a Star Flyer type ride would be fun, just not huge on the spinny rides personally. Good addition to the Point though.

For some reason I still have the idea in my head we have two things coming this season. I am pretty sure I am wrong, but I really hope I am not ;)

I could go for two things, a good woodie and the star flyer boardwalk area. That would be the best of both worlds!

IF this is indeed a Star Flyer type of ride, I am very interested in seeing the effect of a "guest illness" on this ride. It would be inevitable that people would get sick on a spinning ride, and If it is near the midway, an outward, rotating, spray of vomit from 300+ feet could be quite interesting when it reaches the ground.

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

I hope MiA gets something NEW this year, not another "hand-me-down' like Thunderhawk. If you ask me, MiA always gets shafted year after year.

Have you ever been on one?

If not, how can you judge the ride?

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

OKSIRYDOC said:
For some reason I still have the idea in my head we have two things coming this season. I am pretty sure I am wrong, but I really hope I am not ;)

If only. It really could be..they said we will all be surprised and a Star Flyer doesn't surprise me one bit! Or any type of that ride (Wind Seeker).

Just maybe it's not a ride and it's more food and shops or there finally getting rid of Pepsi and going to coke since they sell half Pepsi and half coke products just thought i throw a wrench in everyone's day

Airtime+windy weather+dino"soar"= Cyclone.

Soar through the wind on aand airtime hills on a extinct ride that GEE SEE EYE rebuild from the grave, The Cyclone!!!

Hey SuperSonicGoalie, I don't appreciate the "son" comment - especially to someone who has been here a lot longer and contributed a lot more than you.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Josh M. said:
...an outward, rotating, spray of vomit from 300+ feet could be quite interesting when it reaches the ground.

The above scenario would constitute 100% of the enjoyment I would get from such an attraction.

:)

Brandon

I remember going on the rotor at a park a few years ago when someone got sick durring the ride. Let's just say that I am glad I was on the other side of the ride.:)

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Hi! I'm new here but have been reading comments on this topic for about a week now. You folks are more informative than folks on fb. Keep the conversation going, I am enjoying reading this stuff.

My personal opinion: it's not a starflyer or windmill. CP is the crowned jewel so it is going to be something new, unique and different!

One question I have is where did the rumor start that it is going to be a star flyer type ride?

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Way back at the start of this topic. Probably 95 pages ago.

Let's Get Weird.

The first time Star Flyer was mentioned here was here

Only 82 pages ago ;)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service