Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

I dont if someone said this but S&S is in Logan Utah. So we could be seeing a new S&S ride at the Point. Thats just a suggestion. We could be seeing a 4th Dimension coaster(:. But i doubt it.

Last edited by AmazingMaverick(:,

I would love it if this was a hidden S and S / Arrow Clue!!

PS: NO FLY SWATTER, SKY SWATTER

AmazingMaverick(: said:
I dont if someone said this but S&S is in Logan Utah. So we could be seeing a new S&S ride at the Point. Thats just a suggestion. We could be seeing a 4th Dimension coaster(:. But i doubt it.

In regards to S&S possibly being hidden within the clue, that was mentioned 10 pages ago. I'm not specifically saying it to you, but to everyone who has said it just in this page! lol :)

Last edited by TheRealLasagna,

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

TheRealLasagna said:

In regards to S&S possibly being hidden within the clue, that was mentioned 10 pages ago. (I'm not specifically saying it to you, but to everyone who has said it just in this page! lol) :)

I guess i didnt notice it. lol

I guess i didnt notice it. lol

That's ok. :)

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

Corkscrew Headache said:
Walt, I don't know if you did this or not, but both links for the facebook clues take you to the windy weather site.

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Wow never seen this coming. I wonder if they have backup plans if they would annouce something like this and couldn't go through with it. Maybe the will pay Mondial so much to use the arm idea and have Funtime group install?

The Wind Seeker...??!

"I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks." - Pete Babic (RIP)

"The joint on the site of the old antique cars is the tits." - Jeff Putz

I'm thinking maybe since these new pictures clues all link to Utah maybe they changed the plans and is possibly going with S&S this year, maybe they had a deal between them for 2012 or 2013 and just pushed it up due to the legal actions between Funtime and Mondial and Cedar Point. But its just a quick though nothing more, but as some with point out i'm sure theres problems with my logic but whatever. Seasons not over and construction hasn't started so its possible. I'm sure they would have some sort of back up plan anyone in their right mind dealing with that kind of investments would have some kind of back up.

Last edited by gtpsuper24,

TimChat2 said:
Interesting...

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/sandusky/2010/aug/19/ride-wars-cedar-point

Wow! I think that story should've been saved for after the announcment. Sandusky reporters ruining the announcement of the highlight of their own town? Good question about whats going to happen now.

80+ coasters and counting

Wow. Funtime and the Register just came in and "ripped the lid off of it!"

Last edited by Josh M.,

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

wow they let the cows out of the barn on that one. But that was very interesting might mean something might not who knows. Cedar Point might have had to pull it's feet out of the fire and change directions. Sandusky Register is going to hear it from Cedar Point on this one. Took the wind out of the sails on the star flyer/wind seeker ride rumor

If i am wrong tell me
I am not prefect neither is anyone else

Wowie wow wow! 400 feet! If they kept the same height requirement, it could be a 400 foot Wind Seeker!

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Well jeeze Sandusky Register, way to ruin the mood! Couldn't this have waited a week?

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

It wouldn't be a scoop then would it? ;) I think this forum is going to EXPLODE tomorrow.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Even though I'm ok with the small level of dissapointment I feel now knowing it's a Starflyer for sure, and glad that I'm avoiding that crushing sense of dissapointment I'm sure I would have had next tuesday on the actual announcement day after another week of anticipation building, they are asses for ruining it for the people who would have enjoyed unravelling and debating the clues for another week. That's part of the fun of the last week until the announcement, regardless of what the ride is, or what you wanted it to be....I would not be surprised if there isn't some legal action involved. I'm no lawyer, but something tells me someone's in trouble.

I agree Chuck. I was in the anti-starflyer/wind whatever camp, but I can't WAIT to see read all of the posts from the people who are going to insist this is just another level of misdirection. How far and deep will the Cyclone coaster conspiracy go!!?! Now I'm wondering just how tall CW's will be, and where in the park it will go...

Perhaps all of that capital expenditure that is missing was just CP keeping some aside for the impending lawsuit??

every stop and think maybe cedar point okay'd the story to be released cause that went another route. they were trying to kill the starflyer rumor and windseeker rumor. maybe it will be a coaster from years past cause i do not see a swing ride as bringing back memories to the older generation that have been to cedar point.

If i am wrong tell me
I am not prefect neither is anyone else

Joe2899 said:
every stop and think maybe cedar point okay'd the story to be released cause that went another route. they were trying to kill the starflyer rumor and windseeker rumor. maybe it will be a coaster from years past cause i do not see a swing ride as bringing back memories to the older generation that have been to cedar point.

There is absoultely no way that CP/CF would EVER give permission for a story to be run that would paint them in a negative light, especially legally, let alone just to throw off us fanboys. That would be financial suicide in this economy.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service