Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Goin with the high ball here... $16.8 Million!

384 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I think I read somewhere (possibly screamscape), that Cedar Fair is spending $80 million this year.

They have spent like $22 million on Planet Snoopy, so that leaves a huge chunk of change for parks that have been not getting something big for the past couple years. I think Knott's, Canada's Wonderland, Cedar Point, and maybe even Great America or MiA will be their receivers this year. I defiantly think Knott's will be getting something pretty big in the next 2 years.

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

That may be taking it a bit far. Yes he didn't use periods, but you can't honestly tell me that a lack of two periods made that "very difficult to read." I hate when people don't use proper grammar, but yeah his post wasn't that bad......

I think you were looking at the wrong post, this is the one I was referring to..

Joe2899 said:

that mondail star thing is a big waste it is another carnival ride on steroids i mean cedar point does not need anymore of these waste of space rides they are only souped up carnival rides in that area anyways i mean carnival rides are a waste of maintenance time and a waste of cedar point money i worked as a ride foreman for the carnivals for a number of years and those things always breaks down the lighting on those are not the best and parts even in house are expensive has anyone really been to cedar point or near the lake in the winter for that matter the winds off the lake is horrible so i am not certain a wind seeker/starflyer could handle a sandusky/cedar point winter especially at 200ft plus as they are a single support ride i remember a ride cedar point had that was a single support ride and they tore it down cause it got damaged by the wind or a winter storm and the next season they agreed that for safety they would tear it down

Anyways back on topic, tying the dinosaur and the windmill to any coaster is really stretching things, however both websites being tied into Utah is interesting, the windmill and dinosaur could very well could be a decoy. I fully expect a spinning tower ride, don't get me wrong, but this could be a "too obvious to be real" game. Everyone knows about the "stratosoar", and could put it together with the dinosaur very quickly. It just seems like too obvious of a hint......

....or they are trying to get people off the coaster expectations and limit the 3 letter slang facebook posts when it's announced :)

Last edited by Tim Seydell,

80+ coasters and counting

Both websites being tied into Utah? Isn't S&S located out in Utah? So maybe thats a hint more so than the dinosaur and windmill, which the dinosaur reference could mean anything. It really doesn't matter to me what it is so I'm not one whose always begging for a coaster its just i'm not sold on the starflyer. So maybe a Free Fly just a guess I know its been mentioned here before but I maybe something with a unique layout instead of the typical coaster layout.

I'm going to throw the coaster speculation for a loop, and say that airtime could've meant something like air powered, not airtime ride effect if S&S is involved.

There you go screamscape, post away! ;)

Last edited by Tim Seydell,

80+ coasters and counting

"One source tells us the Point's much talked about attraction for 2011 may actually involve 'airtime', as in the sense of being air powered. S&S?"

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Just checked out the S&S website. That 4th dimension prototype looks like it would be fun. Doesn't really fit the clues to this point though.

I'm a coaster junkie, just like a large portion of people I see here. I really don't enjoy water rides, and flat spinny rides tend to do a number on my stomach. I would LOVE a new woodie on or near the beach. IMO, the clues just don't point that way. This is one time I would love to be wrong about something though.

Hey Tim thanks for clearing that up. Lack of periods in that monstrous paragraph is very bad. I thought you mean the two sentences above yours. I was going to say there was only one period to tell you to pause, but a whole paragraph that's a different story. Back on topic for me honestly I don't think we are going to be able to put these clues together just yet. We might be able to after four of them, but two is just to vague.

pointperson said:
Crazy, would that be mtv reality? :)

Would that be the "Erie Shore"? :)

Can someone post the link to today's clues? Please! Yesterday when I posted I was on page 104 and don't feel like reading all that today.

Did anybody notice that the first clue (Weather Vane) website is from Utah the home of S&S?

Last edited by Split951,

Cedar Point needs a GCI!!!

^ Thank you Chase. :) I'm going to go with everyone else on here that it's a Star Flyer. I was hoping that maybe they would be re-doing Mean Streak GG or GCI style but I guess that's another year down the road. Mean Streak is still a good coaster.

I'm still going with a GCI Cyclone but a Dick Kinzel version.

Cedar Point needs a GCI!!!

Does S&S have any prototypes that isn't listed on the web page? It could it possibly be a prototype type starflyer using the free fly carriages?

Shawn Meyer said:
Can someone post the link to today's clues? Please! Yesterday when I posted I was on page 104 and don't feel like reading all that today.

Check out our 2011 page. We have everything covered there.

http://pointbuzz.com/c/cedar-point-2011.aspx

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Shawn Meyer said:
I was hoping that maybe they would be re-doing Mean Streak GG or GCI style but I guess that's another year down the road. Mean Streak is still a good coaster.

I was thinking the same thing Shawn. Get Gravity Group to do something with it. Maybe a couple GravityKrafts. The only thing I wouldn't like about seeing that is they could probably make a totally new wooden coaster for a little more than totally redoing the ride. Mean Streak has much potential. I was thinking maybe make the lift hill just slightly taller, than having a curved drop to take advantage of the big empty square in the ride.

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

Walt, I don't know if you did this or not, but both links for the facebook clues take you to the windy weather site.

Quick question, why does everyone who says wooden coaster think GCI will build it? Why not Gravity Group?

I think what the park is missing is a wooden coaster equivalent of Maverick!

I am hoping this year or next, this swing idea is interesting but BLAH!! BUT I said that about MaXair and I love it!!

I am hoping T and T (really just T) is throwing us off again like Whyte lightning, I mean really what clue (from them) besides refresing allowed us to believe a water ride? They also mentioned they teamed up with the other marketing team to fool us!

^ Thank you Walt, I will bookmark that link. :)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service