Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Funny story....I bumped into Kinzel once on what little bit of Boardwalk there is now near the Breakers...I stopped to chat with him and tell him how much I loved the park. His response was something like "Well with this great location right here on the lake......"

I wanted to say "Ya, pitty you cant really see the lake from anywhere in the park....."

I didn't think of anything like a starflyer being it until this new clue came out, but now I'm like 30 percent being a starflyer type ride and 70 not being one. When I look at the clue I think of winds and the mondial ride is supposed to be operated in high winds, right?

Ride on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/TopThrillCedarPoint

Windseeker - Windmill? Dutch company that makes the windseeker too (dutch windmills).The starflyer is too prone to issues in high winds, this is much more lake erie coast capable.

Although this ride looks similar to a windmill...

http://www.mondialrides.com/products/Top_Scan/images.html

Still wondering if the mt in the airtime post stands for Mondial Tower. I'm saying this sarcastically, but there's the word dial in mondial, blog cell phone poll :)

Disney Mike said:

I wanted to say "Ya, pitty you cant really see the lake from anywhere in the park....."

Huh?

Last edited by Tim Seydell,

80+ coasters and counting

Ya Tim. Didn't you know Cedar Point was located on the Atlantic Ocean. ;)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Lol, sorry Disney Mike, you left yourself open for that one :)

I know what you mean though, at least I hope you ride the rides there and can see it from the tops ;)

Last edited by Tim Seydell,

Interesting that in the email I just got from CP is says, "We're going to unleash another fantastic addition to our midway." Referring to 2011 as "plans" and not a ride, the midway and not the beach, seemingly dragging their feet on an announcement, Tony saying that they are "finalizing plans for next year", I can't help but feel like plans for a ride were put off (as in the past) and we are in for a disappointing announcement next week.

Joined 10/29/02 as realmadrid311 403 prior posts never liked that name.

Not sure if you are talking about the same thing, but this ride was put off for a year or 2.

Come to think of it, I know economy issues were the reason for it being put off, but the Mondial site said that it was a custom request, maybe it wasn't Cedar Points issue for the delay after all?

It's interesting to note that here in the high point of the season and while revving up the marketing machine for Project 2011, Tony and Tyler have seriously neglected the OnPoint blog.

To whit:

Month -- # of entries

Aug '09 -- 8
Sept '09 -- 8
Oct '09 -- 11
Nov '09 -- 11
Dec '09 -- 9
Jan '10 -- 7
Feb '10 -- 10
Mar '10 -- 10
April '10 -- 11
May '10 -- 9
June '10 -- 9
July '10 -- 8
August (through the 17th) -- 1

Not making any deeper inference here. Just an observation.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

No one ever said this was delayed. It was Shoot the Rapids that got delayed.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Even if they don't put a boardwalk in yet, just think of the view of Lake Erie and of the park at night.

I'd rather die living than live like I'm dead

Ensign Smith, I think I have an answer to your question. I think the reason they don't post blogs as much during the summer is because more people check out stuff like that in the off-season. And I'm sure they'll post more blogs this month because this is the last full month of operation. Plus Halloweekends has started to be set-up in some spots of the park.

I think they've just been busy with other park related things. :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I'm pretty sure it's just Tony now, which could also be part of a delay. Tyler is busy with Castaway Bay...not sure how much input he really has anymore with the OnPoint blog. Besides, the Facebook thing is more convenient for everyone (IMO).

I'm looking at it like this;

Over the past 4-5 years, Frontier Town has had a complete face-lift with SkyHawk, Maverick, and now STR. Consider, for a moment, if this is going to be the case with the beachfront. That is, in 2011, the windseeker is installed, but in the coming years we see the glorious demolition of the warehouse by the beach (DT)...maybe even that beach-side woodie everyone wants...and a complete overhaul of the area. It is by FAR the most dead area of the park, which is ironic as it is also potentially the most naturally beautiful (if used correctly).

Promoter of fog.

How would we all feel about a gigantic windmill?? I think it was be fantastic to be strapped onto a giant blade like arm and be put through the motions 200 feet plus in the air. I feel like that is a more plausible flat for CP to get in that location with the high winds off the lake.

Also, with Wonderland's new attraction notice stating "How High", I think it seems much more likely that StratoSoar is the name for their new ride. I think CP will totally surprise us with the name and perhaps a new flat we've never seen before. A coaster definitely doesn't seem likely anymore, but I also don't think that it's going to be a Starflyer or Wind whatever either.

Like homer simpson if I were strapped to a windmill, that's how I'd feel ;)

Cyclone evidence

1. Airtime anagram could possibly be representative of Mt. Airie, birthplace of Boeckling who served as CEO during Cyclone years.

2. Next year is the 60th anniversary of the destruction of the ride

3. Next year fits the four year pattern of coaster building

4. New visual clue is reminiscent of the great plains, and link embedded in the pic takes you to a 'windy weather' lesson plan...possibly referencing weather suggestive of a Cyclone

5. Canada's Wonderland countdown includes a clue that asks "How High", possibly suggesting that their new ride fits the 'StatoSoar' monicker.

6. A third tower ride, and second large swing ride in that area of the park seems slightly strange.

7. Reduces the area of opportunity for a possible wooden coaster in the future

Wind/Swing ride Evidence

1. Kinzel's 'Thrill Ride' and 'Teen Market' quotes

2. Onpoint blog 'Fun' clue references 'Funtime' company

3. Lowercase 'mt' could stand for mondial tower in 'airtime' clue, as well as the idea that swinging through the air will give you airtime

4. Interview with park manager states it's a unique experience and one that he isn't sure he will try, which doesn't speak to it being a wooden coaster

5. New Visual clue is a weathermane or windmill, and slightly resembles the mondial tower in shape

6. Fits the financial restraints of our current economic situation

Boeckling was born in Michigan City, Indiana.

CanadianPointKid said:
Cyclone evidence

1. Airtime anagram could possibly be representative of Mt. Airie, birthplace of Boeckling who served as CEO during Cyclone years.

2. Next year is the 60th anniversary of the destruction of the ride

3. Next year fits the four year pattern of coaster building

4. New visual clue is reminiscent of the great plains, and link embedded in the pic takes you to a 'windy weather' lesson plan...possibly referencing weather suggestive of a Cyclone

5. Canada's Wonderland countdown includes a clue that asks "How High", possibly suggesting that their new ride fits the 'StatoSoar' monicker.

6. A third tower ride, and second large swing ride in that area of the park seems slightly strange.

7. Reduces the area of opportunity for a possible wooden coaster in the future

Wind/Swing ride Evidence

1. Kinzel's 'Thrill Ride' and 'Teen Market' quotes

2. Onpoint blog 'Fun' clue references 'Funtime' company

3. Lowercase 'mt' could stand for mondial tower in 'airtime' clue, as well as the idea that swinging through the air will give you airtime

4. Interview with park manager states it's a unique experience and one that he isn't sure he will try, which doesn't speak to it being a wooden coaster

5. New Visual clue is a weathermane or windmill, and slightly resembles the mondial tower in shape

6. Fits the financial restraints of our current economic situation

I agree on every word, however, someone mentioned on here (can't remember when or who posted it), but there's a shed next to Millennium force after you go down the first drop! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4qUzGF4hGw&feature=related

when you see the shed take a closer look, there's wood! maybe changing different peaces of wood for Mean Streak? Possibly, but this shed came out of the blue this year, it was never there last year.

also the clue "AIRtImE", it looks like it represents a coaster hill at the end of the word! Just throwing stuff out! Can't wait till they announce the ride, I'll be happy either way! :)

Last edited by kreed300,

As has been previously mentioned, Hildebrandt is unlikely to have a problem riding any wooden coaster the park might build.

Last edited by Ensign Smith,

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Yawn......

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service