Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

500,000 Cedar Point Facebookers locked on the CP Facebook page Aug 24, 2010! Awesome! Can we say "Fever Pitch?"

SuperSonicGoalie said:
Yes, I am going to push my coaster hope here. I see that picture and I think of the Great Plains; I think of cyclones.

I'd love to see what you'd do with a set of Rorschach cards.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

SuperSonicGoalie said:
Yes, I am going to push my coaster hope here. I see that picture and I think of the Great Plains; I think of cyclones.

Except that cyclones are basically hurricanes. Tornados are what you get in the great planes. Like a "Texas Twister." Like the Texas Twister at Geauga Lake. In other words, it will be a Top Spin.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Yes! A new full looping pirate ship ride, awesome!

This would fit in with the posts that say it:
-it has to fit in the footprint (clearly a new boat ride would)
-it has to be something the park doesn't have (selling OM)
-fits clues: airtime, by beach, teen market, memories, windy, something the GM might not ride
-they aren't starting construction yet
-it'll be 'fun'

T&T have been overly vague/misleading with their clues with STR last year, so take them as that.

Most of the "logic" here is really just guessing, nobody knows for sure except upper management, ride manufacturer, and the few people that'd be necessary for proper planning. Hell, T&T might not even know.

You can apply all the logical guesses to various rides.

It is very interesting that Canadas Wonderland and CP are announcing the same day

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

If the new attraction is a StarFlyer/knockoff, I wish they would ditch the StratoSoar name and go with a name like WaterSpout. It would be cool right next to the lake and would kinda just fit in.

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

Jason Hammond said:

SuperSonicGoalie said:

Except that cyclones are basically hurricanes. Tornados are what you get in the great planes. Like a "Texas Twister." Like the Texas Twister at Geauga Lake. In other words, it will be a Top Spin.

Ah, how I miss that ride. Back on topic, we know that the windmill picture takes you to the link of a Utah education network, and S&S (also the former Arrow Dynamics, now S&S Arrow) is based in Logan, Utah. This is probably just coincidental, but I just felt like throwing it out there. :)

Last edited by TheRealLasagna,

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

With it looking so obviously like a Star Flyer, CP has either done the best job keeping this a secret or the worst job keeping it a secret. We'll find out soon enough!

I would like to see CP make a white version of Renegade from their Valleyfair park, it's a really great coaster and something CP doesn't have similar.

Valleyfair has some other unique rides too like the HUSS mfg Tidal Wave.
It's pretty neat to see the rides they share with CP some smaller (skyhawk) some bigger and better (magnum) since they are newer versions of rides.

If you're close by check it out, a nice park, but not a CP

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Kyle2154 said:
With it looking so obviously like a Star Flyer, CP has either done the best job keeping this a secret or the worst job keeping it a secret. We'll find out soon enough!

I totally agree.

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

I'm really hoping they are doing a great job keeping it a secret (:

-Mike

SuperSonicGoalie said:
However the word has sometimes been used to descride tornadoes, right or wrong.

I guess we hang out with very different people. Because I have never heard anyone talking about tornados and use the word cyclone.

Though you are right, there is more to cyclones than just hurricanes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclone

Every clue matches Star Flyer. From the link that the FB picture redirects you too...

"1. To introduce the lesson, have students spin in a circle with their arms out. They will feel the air passing by their fingers as they turn. Talk about the sensation of air moving around them."

It's like the bottom of the 9th... down 8 runs, two outs... it's practically over. If it's not a Star Flyer, it's gotta be something similar, like a sister ride or knock-off/wind seeker.

But if it's the bottom of the ninth and down 8 runs, that means the home team is on the verge of losing.... ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Ensign Smith said:
But if it's the bottom of the ninth and down 8 runs, that means the home team is on the verge of losing.... ;)

I guess it is sort of a poor analogy. Especially considering I, for one, actually like the idea of a Star Flyer/Wind Seeker. Will give me something to really think "Oh boy, should I get on this?"

Bill02 said:
From over on Twitter: cedarpoint: One week till we announce our 2011 plans! Be the first to know on our Facebook page http://bit.ly/dx3XKW (26 minutes ago from TweetDeck)

It wasn't linked in the post. But, I'm pretty sure this shows your about 2 hours late.

http://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Post.aspx?id=421859

<edit> For those confused by my post, Bill deleted his. :)

Last edited by Jason Hammond,

Who isn't on Facebook these days?

-Eric

LOL Sorry Jason...I looked over the last hour worth of posts for Twitter and there was none then I went back and saw that they had posted it on Facebook as well and JuggaLotus noted that. Sooo I deleted since it was pointless at that point.

If it is this star flyer thing or a glorified swing of some sort, I at least hope that they are doing some sort of Pier Project that it would be the focus of. I'm not saying that this pier has to go way out onto Lake Erie, but maybe just along the beach behind Wicked Twister, with some other carnival flats. Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it (and 20 times more knowing it's NOT an Intamin!)

-Eric

I would love to see anything that involved a boardwalk, with some great nightlife options....Heck gate it at night if you have to, but there needs to be something for adults who spend the night at the Point to do...other than Fridays...

That is what I meant, more of a boardwalk than a pier. I could just see that being a cool new area of the park, the "Boardwalk". Games, rides, food stands, maybe even a dark ride that everyone wants ;-)

-Eric

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service