Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

CPboy77 said:

crazy horse said:
Not sure what happend to my last post...anyways...

I have been on the Huss jump2, and is was one of the most boring rides I have ever been on. It looks like a great ride, but it does not deliver.

I went on the ride at Canadas wonderland a few years ago. Talk about a case of anticipointment.

Interesting you say on "another site" yesterday that you thankfully don't post here anymore and you're still posting...

Sorry, you must have me confused with someone else. Not sure what your trying to get at?

Besides that, I thought we were done with all this nonsense....Oh wait, this is pointbuzz, I forgot.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

djcarl said:
A new version of that Cyclone video is up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWVyQushmaY

I'd have to say I really enjoyed this animation. :)

Hmmm...Mondial ought to consider adding pneumatic cylinders to kick the arms in and out on that Wind Seeker thing....

(ever ride a Huss Swing Around or Bee Bee?)

There was talk about a ride that would bring back memories or some such nonsense?
In that case the most logical ride for Cedar Point to put in would be some revival of the Allan Herschell Sky Wheel. It isn't hard to find people who are *still* mad at Cedar Point for taking theirs out. I guess it's their "Flying Eagles".

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

I know it's not likely to be a new coaster. But "Christmas" to me would be news of them razing Mean Streak and replacing it with a better woody. Something that won't require trims on the first drop ten years later. Heck, they can even keep the name which I have always liked. Just never cared for the layout and general lack of thrills for such a huge coaster. The little Mine Ride is more fun.

Close Michigans Adeventure (Lets face it, it needs either more rides or to be closed) and bring in Shivering Timbers or even Wolverine Wildcat. They make any woody CP has to offer, look terrible.

Last edited by PrawoJazdy,

TheRealLasagna said:

djcarl said:
A new version of that Cyclone video is up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWVyQushmaY

Was the Cyclone really that long of a ride?

No... the Cedar Point Cyclone was a compact figure of 8 design...
In this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBnsLbjQOvs
At the 4:30 mark there are pictures of the Cyclone, at 4:52 there is a pic from the lift looking down at the course. It is hard to tell where on the coast it was... but it appears to be toward the front of the park and right on the beach. Probably right about where Disaster Transport is now.

I did not read the last couple of pages in posts so if someone has already mentioned this don't bit my head off. Look at the AIRtIme and I could see the possibility of it representing the ups and downs of a coaster. AIR being the chain hill, and then t being the first dip and so on.... Does anyone else see it? Again I am biased on wanting a woodie.;)

No coaster will ever be too fast or too tall!

No, none of you will be disappointed. Robin says so.

Promoter of fog.

???

Why would they close Michigans adventure when it has been doing so well. Are you saying that you want them to dump a bunch of rides down like they did with geauga lake?

Even if they did such a crazy thing, how much do you think it would cost them to relocate a huge wooden coaster like timbers? A hell of a lot more than it would be to just build a new coaster.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.

Call me crazy, but I like Mean Streak more than Shivering Timbers. The one time I rode ST, I hurt more than any time I've ridden Mean Streak.

Gotta agree with Crazy Horse on moving a wood coaster too. Seems like it would be just as cheap to build a new one.

Qixote said:
I know it's not likely to be a new coaster. But "Christmas" to me would be news of them razing Mean Streak and replacing it with a better woody. Something that won't require trims on the first drop ten years later. Heck, they can even keep the name which I have always liked. Just never cared for the layout and general lack of thrills for such a huge coaster. The little Mine Ride is more fun.

Yes, a woodie from GCII or an Intamin prefab like El Toro (my fav wood) would be perfect for that space.

coasternut

djDaemon said:

SuperSonicGoalie said:
...nothing points to a Starflyer.

I beg to differ. The theorized footprint of the ride fits. It's something undoubtedly thrilling that CP does not yet have any variation of (and no, Wave Swinger doesn't count). And Tony mentioned, quite specifically, the word "fun":

From Twitter:

Going into a 2011 planning meeting. This should be fun. I know it will be fun!

Yup. Meeting was fun. I've got work to do!

Could "fun" mean nothing? Sure. But to say that there's "nothing" suggesting the new attraction could be a Starflyer (made by Funtime) is flat-out wrong.

"Theorized" footprint. Exactly, no one knows what the footprint is. Also, fun means nothing. The park is fun, the stock ticker is FUN. I see your point, but I still say there is nothing pointing to anything as yet.

Its all theoretical. I don't know how much it would cost to move a wooden coaster. Its been done before, so at the time, the cost to build new outweighed moving.

I didn't know Michigan's Adventure did all that well. I've actually heard the opposite. Has it been doing better in recent years?

If you look at Cedar Fair's spending for next year. There is a large number unaccounted for. What if Cedar Point is doing both. A wooden coaster, and a flat ride. Cedar Point did say they skipped a year, because of the economy. Just a thought on the issue, because they said no one will be disappointed. Maybe also that is why there are so many hints that don't work together.

PrawoJazdy said:
Its all theoretical. I don't know how much it would cost to move a wooden coaster. Its been done before, so at the time, the cost to build new outweighed moving.

I didn't know Michigan's Adventure did all that well. I've actually heard the opposite. Has it been doing better in recent years?

Yes.

Michigans adventure has been doing really well. Last year, they had more people visit the park than ever before.

I live in that state up north, and MA has the only suspended Steel Looping Coaster in Michigan! That's positive!

Last edited by TopThrillCedarPoint,

Ride on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/TopThrillCedarPoint

Doesn't MA have pretty much the "only" of most of their rides in Michigan? ;) I will give MA props, I don't normally go for water rides, but really enjoyed Funnel of Fear. Maybe that's the new ride. The markings, the hype, everything is just to throw us off. :)

Isn't it only the 2nd steel looping roller coaster? :)

So attendence was up, what about revenue?

OKSIRYDOC said:
If you look at Cedar Fair's spending for next year. There is a large number unaccounted for. What if Cedar Point is doing both. A wooden coaster, and a flat ride. Cedar Point did say they skipped a year, because of the economy. Just a thought on the issue, because they said no one will be disappointed. Maybe also that is why there are so many hints that don't work together.

I was actually thinking that as well. I mean, how much does a Star Flyer cost? Not much to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong.), so why would they put back this for STR? You never know, as said, no one will be disappointed.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service