Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Just by watching that jump2 clip, i think it would be more thrilling for the seats to be facing outwards.

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Not sure what happend to my last post...anyways...

I have been on the Huss jump2, and is was one of the most boring rides I have ever been on. It looks like a great ride, but it does not deliver.

I went on the ride at Canadas wonderland a few years ago. Talk about a case of anticipointment.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Except that Mondial doesn't make anything that even comes close to resembling a Star Flyer

They do now.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Interesting. Apparently they need to update their website then, as there is no indication of that on there.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I don't think one has been built anywhere yet, but it's interesting that they mentioned the clients were requesting something that could handle windy conditions.

Promoter of fog.

And interesting that "Negotiations are currently under way to find the first client."

...and 25 seats at 2 passengers each = 50 per ride which is on par with Maxair and Skyhawk. And the restraints look like lap bars rather than just the Wave Swinger type restraints. Looks good to me.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I wonder though if their method for withstanding high winds is just to make it shorter. Can they take this design up to the 117m that funtime can?

Goodbye MrScott

John

Nah, Jugga...

Built to the Dutch manufacturer’s usual sturdy standards, the park ride stands 65-metres-tall and features hinged steel arms, rather than chains, allowing it to operate at higher wind speeds (equivalent to most other amusement rides).

I too wonder about the max height they can do. Otherwise it will have to be 217ft or so as advertised.

We're getting a Wind Seeker!

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

217 feet is still awfully high for a swing ride. I was on Martin's Fantasy Island's Star Flyer knock-off, 'Flight', last week, which probably only climbs 80 or 100 feet. That was plenty tall enough.

Hey, there is no 'star' in Wind Seeker.... ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Err, my math was off. 65 meters = approx. 213 feet.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Dammit, Chuck. We can never rely on you for proper metric-imperial conversion! ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Dang this is not what I wanted to hear.

Kyle2154 said:
The signs obvioulsy point to something very thrilling, far more so than just your general coaster. "Teen Market", "Something the Teens will enjoy", something the manager of the park isn't even sure if he'll ride. A "very unique" experience.

It's not just that a Star Flyer matches all of the clues... it's also the fact that nothing else does.

Star Flyers seem very scary to people who don't like heights, but if you are ok with being high up and in the open, it seems like a pretty mellow experience. I'm not so sure that it measures up to a "very unique" experience or even completely to the "teen market". To me, a Star Flyer is almost a family ride for people who like high places.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

crazy horse said:
Not sure what happend to my last post...anyways...

I have been on the Huss jump2, and is was one of the most boring rides I have ever been on. It looks like a great ride, but it does not deliver.

I went on the ride at Canadas wonderland a few years ago. Talk about a case of anticipointment.

Interesting you say on "another site" yesterday that you thankfully don't post here anymore and you're still posting...

A new version of that Cyclone video is up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWVyQushmaY

Last edited by djcarl,

djcarl said:
A new version of that Cyclone video is up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWVyQushmaY

Was the Cyclone really that long of a ride?

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

Im not gonna lie about how I feel. If it is a star flyer, i will be more disappointed than i was with STR. That type of ride is not appealing at all to me

Last edited by cpfanatic066,

I'm just tossing out a bone here.

Airtime - Windseeker?
mt - Mondial Tower?'

Today at work I laughed at myself for thinking this, but it's brainstorming, lol

I Am RItE - Cyclone was a "rite" of passage for teens (according to historians)

80+ coasters and counting

cpfanatic066 said:
Im not gonna lie about how I feel. If it is a star flyer, i will be more disappointed than i was with STR. That type of ride is not appealing at all to me

Me too, I'm not that to big of a fan when it comes to spinny rides. I love maxair air beacuase its just a chill ride and makes you feel like your floating. A starfyler however will probably make me sick. :-)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service