Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

SuperSonicGoalie said:
...nothing points to a Starflyer.

I beg to differ. The theorized footprint of the ride fits. It's something undoubtedly thrilling that CP does not yet have any variation of (and no, Wave Swinger doesn't count). And Tony mentioned, quite specifically, the word "fun":

From Twitter:

Going into a 2011 planning meeting. This should be fun. I know it will be fun!

Yup. Meeting was fun. I've got work to do!

Could "fun" mean nothing? Sure. But to say that there's "nothing" suggesting the new attraction could be a Starflyer (made by Funtime) is flat-out wrong.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

I think everyone is going far out to make this a starflyer. He said airtime that could mean a coaster coasters have airtime oh wait so does rip cord skyhawk max air. So how does fun point to star flyer? cedar point is fun period and whats there slogan???? fun and only. thats a new slogan so fun could mean anything. I'm having fun on my alienware laptop.

crazy horse said:
...We all know what the new ride is going to be a star flyer.

Uhh, no, we don't "all" know that. I believe all the circumstantial evidence suggests that the new attraction will be a Starflyer. But I don't know that for a fact.

So, speak for yourself! :)

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

^^^^^ Well, isn't 'fun and only' the latest slogan for Cedar Point?

Last edited by Gabriel Peter,

Fun & Only is like the national slogan for most of Cedar Fair's parks.

And if Ocean Motion is getting the boot (which looks very likely), I would actually kinda miss it. It was such a fun little ride plus it had a great theme ;)

Last edited by pointperson,

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

Well, their previous slogan was "Ride On", so I guess that means we'll see no new rides at CP, due to CF's Slogan-Capital Expenditure Exclusion Policy. ;)

Brandon

The signs obvioulsy point to something very thrilling, far more so than just your general coaster. "Teen Market", "Something the Teens will enjoy", something the manager of the park isn't even sure if he'll ride. A "very unique" experience.

The one thing that doesn't match those clues is a coaster. You could maybe say a Zacspin, but yet again, a clue (not by intamin), counts that out as well.

It's not just that a Star Flyer matches all of the clues... it's also the fact that nothing else does.

Last edited by Kyle2154,

The most telling to me is John saying he won't ride the new attraction. I'm in the same boat. I don't like the swings to begin with, putting them 350 feet up won't change my mind at all.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Perhaps there is something similar to a Starflyer that is made by another company that is not called a Starflyer. Hmm.

Promoter of fog.

For all we know it could be a ride thats never been seen before.

Yes. A prototype Starflyer type ride. Hmm.

Promoter of fog.

The Starflyer has already been built.

Since it's not going to be an Intamin ride (Kinzel already said it's not going to be Intamin) An actual Star Flyer would be out.

But...Mondial has a version specifically requested " from clients who wanted a Star Flyer-style ride they could still operate within normal wind conditions". I think we all know how wind on the penninsula affects many of the rides at CP.

http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fullstory.php/aid/1596/Mondial...eeker.html

The ride reminds me of the rocket ride that used to be on the midway where Kiddie Kingdom is now...except this one is on steroids.

I'd rather die living than live like I'm dead

Just in case someone missed this...

"I think it will be very exciting, it will be an excellent addition to the park for next summer a lot of people will be excited and nobody will be disappointed," said Robin Innes, Media Relations director for Cedar Point.

Last edited by Kyle2154,

And you expect the parks Media Relations director to say what?

Goodbye MrScott

John

OldCPer said:
Since it's not going to be an Intamin ride (Kinzel already said it's not going to be Intamin) An actual Star Flyer would be out.

The Star Flyer is made by Fun Time, not Intamin. So an actual Star Flyer is still possible.

Goodbye MrScott

John

OldCPer said:

I don't follow that logic (Intamin doesn't make the Starflyer, Funtime does), but your suggestion that it could be from Mondial jives with the rumor that CP is getting a "knock off" of a Starflyer.

Brandon

Except that Mondial doesn't make anything that even comes close to resembling a Star Flyer. Although it does look like they've duplicated just about everything Huss makes.

http://www.mondialrides.com/products

Goodbye MrScott

John

JuggaLotus said:
Although it does look like they've duplicated just about everything Huss makes.

http://www.mondialrides.com/products

Now if only they could duplicate Huss's mastery of English.

The Capriolo is the most sensational attraction which based on an arm connected to a mast with a rotating bearing.

Last edited by Break Trims,

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service