Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Sorry but yes, that has been brought up already. There's actually an entire thread pretty much about it in the 2011 watch forum.

-Mike

Wow I missed like 4 pages of conversation when I was playing a game, took a while to read through.

Oh, and if you want to get real in depth on clues, 500,000 inches is 12.7 km which is the beginning of the STRATOsphere. ;)

Last edited by TopThrillCedarPoint,

Ride on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/TopThrillCedarPoint

Wow, mt AIRIE eh? I love when things are over analyzed.:)

P.S.- I'm kidding.....it annoys me ever so slightly.....

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Kidding is that a hint? Kid as in teenage market, and ding as in the noise a chain makes on a wooden coaster. By this comment you must me implying you think Cedar Point is getting a GCI wooden coaster. Haha this is what people pretty much do.

You're catching on OKSIRYDOC! ;)

P.S.- Dont tell anyone this but that's exactly what I was meaning. CP is in fact getting a wooden coaster. I'm surprised you got that with just one word. :)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Flying coaster(: Thats all I want(:. And then a floorless coaster.

look what i have found witch is part of the clue

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Eitr

If i am wrong tell me
I am not prefect neither is anyone else

TopThrillCedarPoint said:
Wow I missed like 4 pages of conversation when I was playing a game, took a while to read through.

Oh, and if you want to get real in depth on clues, 500,000 inches is 12.7 km which is the beginning of the STRATOsphere. ;)

this here makes the most sense so far out of the clue given

If i am wrong tell me
I am not prefect neither is anyone else

Holy site takeover!

I swear I was skimming through and saw "I didn't know Millennium was a woodie".

The way I see it, there are three "parts" of any given month: "early", "mid" and "late". Because a month is about 30 days, that means "mid-August" could range anywhere between the 10th and 20th. Of course this is putting far too much thought into what they said. They probably just meant the ride will be announced sometime during the month of August. :)

Because it's the first clue, I expect that "airtime" doesn't reference coaster-induced airtime, since that's far too obvious, and what most people are expecting. Rather, like others have suggested, you spend a long time in the air on a ride like Funtime's Starflyer.

Brandon

I think that the Star Flyer theory has taken a few minor hits, but it is still the far and away favorite.

John saying he isn't sure he'll ride it throws pretty much any coaster out of the discussion.

You guys are funny!

I've been glancing over this fourm... and finally feel the need to ask one question to many of you...

Did you learn anything from last year?

Project 2011 is not a coaster. If it were a coaster, they would just come out and say it was a coaster. The teasing would be minimal, because you (we) all WANT a coaster.

So to hype up this year's not-a-coaster ride, they are going to tease us with the hope that it will be a coaster and ride the buzz they are creating into announcing the Starflyer that everyone initially said was coming.

Like last year... everyone says it's going to be a flume... then hints start dropping... Gee See Eye... and everyone starts buzzing... and a flume gets announced.

With a name like "StratoSoar" what else could it be? There's not enough realestate to build anything but a wooden twister or Eurofighter - type coaster and neither of those conjure up thoughs of soaring through the stratosphere...

The only "hint" that doesn't make sense for a star flyer is the "Cedar Point's past" bit... but those hoping for a coaster should prepare themselves for disappointment.

It's mid-august, there is no demo happening, there is no site prep, there is no evidence of construction about to happen. What ever is coming is prettymuch coming intact and being assembled.

Sorry guys... but as much as I (and all of us) want to see a Cyclone rebuilt on the lakefront, it just doesn't seem that it's in the cards.

^As far back as I can remember, only a few coasters started being constructed during the season. Recently, TTD, Maverick, but I believe rides like Raptor, Wicked Twister, Mantis all were built in the off-season. And there has been some removal, whether or not it has something to do with the new ride but Demon Drop is gone. If anyone can do it, its Cedar Point. I'm not saying you're wrong but don't be sure of anything. I would say anything's possible. It's Cedar Point.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I realize that there is the possibility of building a coaster totally in the off-season. Hell- when Geauga Lake became Six Flags they built 3 large coasters (Villian, Batman, and Superman) all in the offseason. So sure, it's possible.

But, building a coaster on the beach would require a lot of slurry walls and drainage before you could set a footer on the lose earth. The water table is very close to the surface, and you would need a lot of site prep before such a large construction project could be erected.

Being that it is such an out of the way location and a bit of a park "dead zone", why rush construction over the winter when you could be doing it now at a lower operating cost?

The only answer is that it is not a coaster, but a ride that doesn't require as large a footprint with footers sunk all over the beach.

Again, don't be so sure of anything. I'm still hoping for a jumbo jet remake. 'jet', 'stratosoar'...seems plausible. And heading straight up into the 'stratosphere' and then through a great coaster would be fun.

Joe

At any other park, a well themed semi-dark ride "Eurofighter" design would be great- make it some kind of pirate theme, and you have your nostalgia tie-in, but lose the "strato soar" bit... but CP seems to have real worries w/ capacity, and they tend to let the themeing of a ride completely disolve over time.

? I guess time will tell. And although I always hope for a new coaster -the park needs another good woodie (I could blue streak as good)- but I'm not holding breath.

I hope to be wrong though...

Kyle2154 said:
Holy site takeover!

I swear I was skimming through and saw "I didn't know Millennium was a woodie".

I was being sarcastic because that other guy made a stupid comment about how Cedar Point should build a wooden roller coaster on the beach like Millenium Force. I stated that I did not know Millenium Force was a wooden roller coaster and or a wooden roller coaster could ever be constructed like Millenium Force. We all know that would never take place and that MF is not a wooden roller coaster. If you read everything you would understand what I was saying but when you skim through the thread, the information you gather tends to get skewed.

Last edited by Norman Sted,

Ok. It has not been announced were Stratosoar is going. Yes Cedar Point might get it but it could go to Canada's Wonderland, or Michigans Adventure for all we know!

"The famed Cedar Point Cyclone, built by renowned coaster designer Harry Traver, who also built the legendary Cyclone at Coney Island, opened in 1929 and scaled a dizzying height (for the times) of seventy-two feet. This monster struck fear in the hearts of many; riding it became a rite of passage for visiting teenagers."

http://www.walkervilletimes.com/36/cedar-point.html

Ties in airtime, history, teen market, even boeckling. Probably just hoping

Joe

What is with all the hating and sarcasm? For the Starflyer crowd out there, nothing points to a Starflyer. Even if there is going to be a thrill ride, nothing points to it being that specific type other than the fact that a lot of people feel Cedar Point "needs" such a ride, or that it is logical that such a ride would go there.

This new clue means nothing. In all likelihood based on last year's Whyte Lightning theme, where Whyte was someone's last name, it could be a meaningless anagram. Perhaps it is the initials of the designers, or people in the front office. Or maybe it actually does mean airtime, but that alone brings up only more questions. I also think the Mt. Airie speculation is pertty far out. Most fans on Facebook don't care enough to look into such a place. Also, what does the highest point in Indiana have to do with CP?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service