Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

I still want a flying coaster(:.

Ensign Smith said:
Perhaps the reference to 'airtime' simply means that the time on the ride is spent in the air.

That's what I was thinking actually as well. I sure hope not.

Ensign Smith said:
Perhaps the reference to 'airtime' simply means that the time on the ride is spent in the air.

That's one of the things I stated on the last page...

When I think of airtime I think of bunny hills on a coaster. That truly is the first thing to come to mind but I still say this is too vague a clue to draw a conclusion. I am a coaster lover so my opinion is biased anyways; please be a great woodie.

Just Saying----;)

Last edited by walleyewhacker,

No coaster will ever be too fast or too tall!

Nice call, that really does make a difference, but do you think Tony, and Tyler meant it this way?

I wouldn't read too much into "airtime." If it's a starflyer-type ride, "airtime" could simply mean "time spent in the air." Meaning it takes you up high, and you spin/travel through the air.

does anyone think the 500,000 has any significance? i know it is the number of fans, but does anyone think there is more to it?

Yawnnnn....

We all know what they are getting next year. I can't wait to ride it. I am sure it's gonna be the star of the show next year.:)

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Thats either a tricky clue, or a clue similar to Whyte Lighting which meant nothing! What did the clue Crystal Rock give away? T and T are in marketing not PR.

FunAndOnly said:
does anyone think the 500,000 has any significance? i know it is the number of fans, but does anyone think there is more to it?

Not at all.

lololol sum1 posted this on facebook

"So, there is a Mt. Airie (mt AIRIE) in Indiana and that's where GeorgeBoeckling was born...maybe they're trying to give us a hint that thenew ride is similar to a ride which was added during his time as CEO.And, coincidentally, the letters also spell airtime. My best guess fromthis is that it'll be like the Cyclone coaster.."

lol maybe lol

Tim Seydell said:
As I posted on the facebook discussion, why would CP get a B+M this year when last year they made the comment "not taking the beamer out for a spin this year, or next year for that matter"?

I've been seeing that quote pop up a lot lately.

"we're not taking the beamer out....." ...."this year, or next year..."

That quote was made in 2009, when giving the hints on 2010.
"This year" - 2009
"Next Year" - 2010

So I wouldn't COMPLETELY lose hope on that. :)

Ok real quick on the comment I made about the "not taking the B+M" quote, in my opinion although it was said in 2009 it was referencing 2010 and 2011 news/rides, I don't see why they would say that near the end of the 2009 season and be referencing the same year. Tony and Tyler could've misspoken on that. (clarification hint guys?)

Back on topic, with this they just ignited a firestorm on peoples coaster hopes. I agree with Kevin that the "tm/mt" means something, that's too odd for them to just throw in. As facebook people said, the other combinations are..."Im IRAtE" and "I Am RItE". Just saying.

80+ coasters and counting

If you look at the word as it comes out AIRtIme, could the capital I represent a vertical drop or ride? Could be a hundred different vertical rides including drop coasters but I wondered if anyone else had that thought?

No coaster will ever be too fast or too tall!

Tim Seydell said:

Tim Seydell said:
As I posted on the facebook discussion, why would CP get a B+M this year when last year they made the comment "not taking the beamer out for a spin this year, or next year for that matter"?

I've been seeing that quote pop up a lot lately.

"we're not taking the beamer out....." ...."this year, or next year..."

That quote was made in 2009, when giving the hints on 2010.
"This year" - 2009
"Next Year" - 2010

So I wouldn't COMPLETELY lose hope on that. :)

Ok real quick on the comment I made about the "not taking the B+M" quote, in my opinion although it was said in 2009 it was referencing 2010 and 2011 news/rides, I don't see why they would say that near the end of the 2009 season and be referencing the same year. Tony and Tyler could've misspoken on that. (clarification hint guys?)

Back on topic, with this they just ignited a firestorm on peoples coaster hopes. I agree with Kevin that the "tm/mt" means something, that's too odd for them to just throw in. As facebook people said, the other combinations are..."Im IRAtE" and "I Am RItE". Just saying.

how do u know they were referring to b&m?? maybe they meant vekoma or dinn corporation

How could Vekoma or Dinn be related to "Beamer" more than B+M?

80+ coasters and counting

mt > M & T Bank Stadium which is in Baltimore, Maryland > B & M

Wow, I don't know where people come up with this stuff. Vekoma or Dinn? Really?!

IT'S A STAR FLYER PEOPLE!!!....(Rolls eyes).

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Tim Seydell said:
How could Vekoma or Dinn be related to "Beamer" more than B+M?

who knows how words are formed

and does anyone know anything about "mt" or "tm"? maybe something to do with the beach and the stake, maybe it stands for "motion" as in otion motion

HA HA. This is hilarious.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service