Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

A tram sponsored by Microsoft? ;)

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

"AIRtImE" What could this mean??

That pushes the star flyer more and more out of the picture. A woodie gives airtime and brings back the past. The Cyclone sounds about right.

^^Many things.....you get "airtime" on the bunny hills on Magnum, at the apex of the swing on both Skyhawk and Maxair, etc. At least thats what I think when I think airtime. Rather vague first clue, no big surprise :) A starflyer could give a different type of airtime just off the sheer design of the ride. 2 or 3 minutes swinging through the air could definitely be airtime.

Last edited by Chase Gilbert,

True, Are there any rides out there besides roller coasters that give you airtime?

Pretty much anything that goes up, and comes back down, I suppose. Provided it does it with some kind of speed. Drop/shot towers (already have one/four of those), anything that swings, lots of stuff, really.

They could possibly be refering to the airtime you get when your swinging in the air on a possible starflyer.

This is a year where they really have us very very confused. More confused then previous years.

Air time is provided on This, This and the bump on the causeway and a ton more rides.

Edited for my slow posting corrections...

Last edited by pointperson,

Visual Scan!

Somebody mentioned this on Facebook:

Wing RIde will give us airtime!!! Please??? http://www.intaminworldwide.com/iag/index.php?option=com_content&ta...&Itemid=32

Somebody else mention this:

It's been pretty well declared that it isn't going to be a coaster, but one of these: http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fullstory.php/aid/1596/Mondial...eeker.html

Last edited by TopThrillCedarPoint,

Ride on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/TopThrillCedarPoint

Kinzel's "not an Intamin" comment pretty much kills the first one :)

The second is intriguing though. 61 meters hits right at 200 ft, not a bad height.

Last edited by Chase Gilbert,

anyone notice that the m and t are uncapitalized? maybe tm/mt stands for something related to the ride

That ride does look cool and would be easier to operate with the lake winds. But they were still searching for a buyer early this year?

Last edited by pointperson,

Visual Scan!

I was not saying that it HAD to be a woodie, it was just an option that is more open than people were saying it was. A starflyer will not provide airtime but G-forces. It is the same thing as the swing ride currently at CP but higher. Now maybe they might have been fooling us by saying "airtime" meaning you will be spending a lot of time in the air like the 2-3 minutes on a starflyer?

Last edited by Norman Sted,

its probably a wooden, wooden coasters have lots of air time, tho i do not see stratosoar as a fitting name for a wooden coaster

FunAndOnly said:
its probably a wooden, wooden coasters have lots of air time, tho i do not see stratosoar as a fitting name for a wooden coaster

we do not know that "stratosoar" is the name for the new ride, it was filed by Cedar Fair, not Cedar Point.

the clue is IEItRmA and that can me scrambled into AIRtImE. There is more to it than that... think are there any knows acronyms in this? and T and M mean something... hummm.... this is fun!

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

Trademark? ;)

Maybe the ride is Airie trademarked.

Last edited by TopThrillCedarPoint,

Ride on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/TopThrillCedarPoint

maybe trademark refferring to "stratosoar"

Perhaps the reference to 'airtime' simply means that the time on the ride is spent in the air.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service