Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

that was a Woodie with a steel loop and that's why it did not work and it was to much force on the trains they have since removed the loop and they have better brakes and trains now

If i am wrong tell me
I am not prefect neither is anyone else

CPF said:
Its going to be a B&M Flyer.

http://coaster-net.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10215-cedar-point-20...ntry233556

Lol I think I said that a long time ago. And You don't know, you're guessing. BTW, about 100 fans left, I invited all my friends, you should too.

Edit:

TopThrillCedarPoint said on page 73:
When I think of soar I think of something with wings or hang gliding or something, and when I think of strato I think of something really tall. What about a tall flying coaster?

Last edited by TopThrillCedarPoint,

Ride on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/TopThrillCedarPoint

Less than 100 people! :)

Last edited by TheRealLasagna,

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

I'd love a B&M flyer. I have only been on one, it was Manta at Sea World Orlando and that ride is truely one of my favoite roller coasters. It is not even in the same category as the flyer at Kings Island.

Only 27 more.

Norman Sted said:
I'd love a B&M flyer. I have only been on one, it was Manta at Sea World Orlando and that ride is truely one of my favoite roller coasters. It is not even in the same category as the flyer at Kings Island.

Does the B&M model have speedier and more effective loading stations than the Vekoma one? With that said however, I doubt that Cedar Point will get a flyer. :\

20 more!

-Marty

#1 Millennium Force #2 Maverick #3 Top Thrill Dragster

Less than 10! =)

1 more!

-Marty

500, 002 yes!

-Marty

Yay 500,000!

Wait, how will the clues be presented? Will they be hidden on www.cedarpoint.com, or will they be clues by status updates on the facebook page?

Sure, they removed the loop and get new trains and all that crap. But, it is still SBNO woth probably no future of reopening. Bigger woodie is not what CP needs. A smaller one would work much better. I don't really care what CP's future project is, I will still go ride it early next year.

windixie06

most likely facebook

-Marty

TheRealLasagna said:

Norman Sted said:

Does the B&M model have speedier and more effective loading stations than the Vekoma one? With that said however, I doubt that Cedar Point will get a flyer. :\

I do not know exact times but the B&M flyer seems very comparable to Raptor in all honesty. The B&M flyer adjusts everything automatically from what I remember. It is super smooth like all other B&M coasters and the harnesses and seats are a lot more comfortable then the Vekoma. The B&M rides are always top notch and that Manta ride is truely amazing.

Son of The Beast may still reopen, Last I heard they were having engineering company present quotes to how to fix the ride and make it safer. This year though the ride was removed from the park map and the sign taken down. Cedar Fair wants the ride to reopen, but the GM at Kings Island Isn't completely comfortable with opening the ride yet. Cedar Fair even considered selling Kings Island to Apollo Global Management before the season opened. To me this suggests they don't know if Son of The Beast will reopen. Pretty sad to see 30 million dollars just sit there and rot not being used.

Last edited by KevinL332,

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

Norman Sted said:

I do not know exact times but the B&M flyer seems very comparable to Raptor in all honesty. The B&M flyer adjusts everything automatically from what I remember. It is super smooth like all other B&M coasters and the harnesses and seats are a lot more comfortable then the Vekoma. The B&M rides are always top notch and that Manta ride is truely amazing.

Just got off Thunderhawk at Michigan's Adventure. I have to say Thunderhawk felt way faster than Raptor. Its not nearly as smooth, but plenty fast. Loading wasn't terrible. It goes without saying that B&M makes a better ride, but the Vekoma inverted was entertaining and made for a couple of re-rides. (Especially with the 15 minute wait on a Saturday)

If we could get a Shivering Timbers type ride at CP, I would be very happy. It moved its way up into my list this weekend.

Last edited by PrawoJazdy,

PrawoJazdy said:

Just got off Thunderhawk at Michigan's Adventure. I have to say Thunderhawk felt way faster than Raptor. Its not nearly as smooth, but plenty fast. Loading wasn't terrible.

If we could get a Shivering Timbers type ride at CP, I would be very happy. It moved its way up into my list this weekend.

Ah, I miss Thunderhawk.

I don't want to derail the thread, but I will say this. Michigans Adventure is a hidden gem. No long waits on a "busy" Saturday and some great rides. Their wooden coasters are way better than anything CP has to offer. Especially the comfy seats. I was expecting to bored after half the day, but we kept re-riding.

Sorry about the side track.

As you were.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service