Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

It would work, but the issue is what the GM said in the interview yesterday. He said he rides almost everything at the park, but he doesn't think he'll ride this. Jumbo Jet ride, I don't see it scaring him away if he rides MF.

80+ coasters and counting

Tim Seydell said:
It would work, but the issue is what the GM said in the interview yesterday. He said he rides almost everything at the park, but he doesn't think he'll ride this. Jumbo Jet ride, I don't see it scaring him away if he rides MF.

Yea I was thinking the same thing

Ride on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/TopThrillCedarPoint

I just wanted to bring up a point on here. There are a few of you that want the Stadium by Wicked Twister removed. In my opinion, that should stay because All Wheels Extreme is an awesome show. If they did remove that, I think they should build another stadium somewhere else in the park for that show. I'm not against the idea of having a GG or a GCI wooden coaster along the beach, but getting rid of All Wheels Extreme would suck.

Oh, I was thinking and the ride could be a huge version of Jumbojet, that might be enough to make him not want to ride it.

Ride on, my friends!

Has anyone thought of a Intamin Ball Coaster?

http://www.intaminworldwide.com/iag/index.php?option=com_content&ta...&Itemid=32

I don't see how it brings back memories aside from maybe wildcat being on the beach where Disaster Transport is.

I'd rather not see the stadium go either.

With everything that was said about the word "star" not being part of the new ride, I still keep going back to the original starflyer drawing and patent. The laying down, head-first still sounds like an option to me. If stratosoar is really going to cedar point and not another park, doesn't soar sound like a bird, or a circling hawk? Not sure how they would hold you into the ride if that were the case, but there's that one info page if you google stratosoar that shows it spelled like "StraToSoar".......obviously StrapToSoar isn't as clicky of a name ;)

Off topic a bit, I ran this by my girlfriend a while back and she told me I was a sicko, so it must be good enough to be a fun ride. The drop tower has been around for a long time, but they never changed the sitting position much (other than the floorless), what about laying down, face down during the drop, like a skydiver?

80+ coasters and counting

When I first heard soar I thought of a bird or a hang glider or something, and a long time ago I went on a hang glider ride at a fair, it was like you lay there on your stomach and you spin around the middle while it goes up and down. It was like the red baron or sky fighters rides at Cedar Point but bigger and you're on your stomach. I was thinking something like that but bigger.

Ride on, my friends!

Just out of curiosity, how did the starfyler rumor get started anyway? Was there a inside contact that leaked it or is it simply a theory?

Tim, I like your idea about a drop tower like that, like you ride to the top normal, then the seats rotate so your facing down, and it drops, then seats rotate back. That would be fun!!! It may not be so far off topic afterall. Who knows, this could be something completely new, we never know with these hints, they could just be throwing us off with everything. At least you're thinking outside the box.

^^

There has never been any hint or evidence whatsoever for a starflyer...just introspection by people taking things not meant to be clues (for example, Tony saying the word Fun (which is used for obvious reasons all the time with this company) as clues.

If people have a theory, they tend to twist facts to fit that theory, other than how it is supposed to work: evidence shaping theory (the problem being there is no real evidence).

Promoter of fog.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

OK thinking back to the John H. interview, what would be something that would not be ridden by a person who loves Millennium? In my mind the only reason he wouldn't ride something is if it was a spinny ride. Obviously that fits the description of a Starflyer.

Also, he was asked if the word "star" was in the name. Not if it had to do with the ride. Starflyer is the brand name of the ride kinda like Griffon is a Dive Machine. It is just what the ride type is called. The name could very well not have "star" in it, thus why he gave the answer he did.

Let's Get Weird.

Or you could just be looking to much into it.....;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

this is a very good article refers to how they chose rides

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/cedar-point/2010/jul/11/second-sund...-will-thaw

Stratosoar would fit nicely with starflyer... and it would be a lot less expensive than a wooden coaster.

now i was just reading that cedar point had two roller coaster on the beach near where ocean motion is now and i did not find any flat rides that were on the beach if u look at the Facebook page for cedar point they are mentioning the year 1870 there was a switchback railway coaster and then after that was tore down there was three way figure eight toboggan coaster no where in cedar point history did i see a flat ride on the beach or near the beach if i am wrong let me know

How long does it take to make a wooden coaster, anyways? I'm not expecting one, but is it even possible to make one before the 2011 season

i can take months they can have it up and running by may but construction would have to start by labor day

If i am wrong tell me
I am not prefect neither is anyone else

i work for cedar point and all i can say is it is not a star flyer

If i am wrong tell me
I am not prefect neither is anyone else

Lets not play with ourselves here. Just because you work at Cedar Point, you have no better insight than we do. CP did not tell you what the new ride will be or give you any hints. Lets not lead anyone on these boards to believe that.

Last edited by Norman Sted,

Norman, you're right. Tony is not telling anyone - even people in his office. I spoke with him yesterday about it and he's very tight lipped. A few things were hinted, but I won't know if the suspicions are correct until the world does; and I wouldn't tell if I knew anyway. ;) It sounds like the meek will not be riding and it's going to be great!

No, I don't work at CP. I did ride TTD with Tony yesterday though, and have the picture to prove it. ;) Keep on guessing!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service