Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

i found out that world of fun is getting a tower style ride so that put to bed the rumor of a starflyer so the name that cedar fair copyrighted is for there ride at world of fun

If i am wrong tell me
I am not prefect neither is anyone else

^ Not necessarily.

"The new home of the world’s most popular beagle, Planet Snoopy will boast six new rides all themed around the PEANUTS characters highlighted by a 40 foot tall balloon tower ride, offering an amazing overall view of the new area."

Stratosoar isn't a title that would fit in with Planet Snoopy. And that fact that Cedar Fair registered the domain names stratosoar.com and stratosoar.net means that it's going to be more special than a 40 foot tall balloon tower ride.

Last edited by Gabriel Peter,

I don't know if you guys know already or not, but this is going to be a ride that at least 85% of you have never seen.

^LOL. I rarely post on here but some people are so far fetched.

CPF said:
I don't know if you guys know already or not, but this is going to be a ride that at least 85% of you have never seen.

and you base this on what?

80+ coasters and counting

From the new article...

"All I got out of Bill [Spehn] in the end was that we will be surprised; we will be really surprised."

hmmmm I know not to read too much into that, but saying we'll all be surprised combined with the comment that "star" is not involved makes me wonder if something else is going in and they're all just laughing at the fact everyone has zeroed in on a Starflyer.

Even though a Starflyer fits just about EVERY OTHER CLUE. haha.

OK.... to get things started its really starting to get on my nerves how everyone is saying like oh they should get a board walk and move all the thrill rides out there it just proves you know nothing about cedar point. they have plenty of room left in the park they could fit plenty more coasters in if they want. Unfortunatly the morals cedar point displays is pointed more towards family and making everyone happy so they cant add new super intense roller coasters every year. I for one do not have a problem with the starflyer i think it would defanitly be a cool addition to the park.

The only problem is now it not the right time everyone was expecting a new coaster last year and we were heavily dissapointed when we discovered it was a measly water ride! And to be able to get the starflyer we would need to get rid of wave swinger over by maverick in frontier land.

I do not think cp will be adding a new starflyer attraction this year. THey have applied for the web domains stratosoar.com and stratosaur.net which means something big.when shoot the rapids came out they did not have a str.com or anything else like it which leads me to belive that this ride will be bigger than str!

Who knows maybe its a 400 foot out and back coaster! but i am hoping for a white GCI wooden coaster back by m force named white lightning !

^ So what your saying is that you haven't been listening to any of the clues about the 2011 ride?? It's going to be by the beach

@TopThrillPointFreak I'm pretty sure Whyte Lightning was just used for teasing last year. If you went to Whytelightning.com it used to be it's own website, but when they announced shoot the rapids it redirected you to the str page on CedarPoint.com. Now Whytelightning.com doesn't exist.

Ride on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/TopThrillCedarPoint

TopThrillCedarPoint said:
@TopThrillPointFreak I'm pretty sure Whyte Lightning was just used for teasing last year. If you went to Whytelightning.com it used to be it's own website, but when they announced shoot the rapids it redirected you to the str page on CedarPoint.com. Now Whytelightning.com doesn't exist.

Also, when STR came out, they mentioned how the "people" within the ride were feuding, "maybe over some Whyte Lightning" on its page.

Last edited by TheRealLasagna,

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

Now we know they were feuding over who was going to be forced to sit in the front seat....

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Ensign Smith said:
Now we know they were feuding over who was going to be forced to sit in the front seat....

Agreed. :) Also, Cedar Point on Facebook: "Will we hit 500,000 today? Tomorrow? Monday? Should we celebrate by releasing clues??? Sounds like a good idea!"

Eh.

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

^
As of now they have about 497,500 fans on Facebook... so I guess they need 2500 fans before they'll start releasing clues. I hope they all join in the next hour, I'm sick of waiting for the fun "teasers!"

it will be monday or tuesday before they get the fans. That is unless everyone invites there friends to join.

I don't think they were implying that they are going to wait to release clues until they get 500,000. It sounds like they are going to release clues to help get to 500,000.

-Mike

TopThrillPointFreak said:
And to be able to get the starflyer we would need to get rid of wave swinger over by maverick in frontier land.

Why? Totally different locations, totally different rides.

Minime15834 said:
I don't think they were implying that they are going to wait to release clues until they get 500,000. It sounds like they are going to release clues to help get to 500,000.

I'm not sure why you think that. It actually sounds like they will release clues after the 500,000 mark. Hence the reason why they asked if it would be tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday, etc. They are basically asking what day will they hit the mark and start releasing hints.

TopThrillPointFreak said:
OK.... to get things started its really starting to get on my nerves how everyone is saying like oh they should get a board walk and move all the thrill rides out there it just proves you know nothing about cedar point. they have plenty of room left in the park they could fit plenty more coasters in if they want. Unfortunatly the morals cedar point displays is pointed more towards family and making everyone happy so they cant add new super intense roller coasters every year. I for one do not have a problem with the starflyer i think it would defanitly be a cool addition to the park.

The only problem is now it not the right time everyone was expecting a new coaster last year and we were heavily dissapointed when we discovered it was a measly water ride! And to be able to get the starflyer we would need to get rid of wave swinger over by maverick in frontier land.

I do not think cp will be adding a new starflyer attraction this year. THey have applied for the web domains stratosoar.com and stratosaur.net which means something big.when shoot the rapids came out they did not have a str.com or anything else like it which leads me to belive that this ride will be bigger than str!

Who knows maybe its a 400 foot out and back coaster! but i am hoping for a white GCI wooden coaster back by m force named white lightning !

If you are going to say other people know nothing about cp, get your facts straight before you post incorrect information. Cedar Point DID NOT trademark stratosoar, Cedar Fair did, and they own many more parks than just cp. There is no reason to remove wave swinger, by your logic perhaps we should remove a coaster everytime another one is built? Not everyone was disappointed in STR either, in fact if it brings in more families, then you'll see more money being used in the future to help with more rides.

Last edited by Tim Seydell,

80+ coasters and counting

It says Celebrate, will they Celebrate before or after? Usually you Celebrate after stuff right? Like you don't Celebrate till you win the war.. most of the time. ;)

BTW, Seydell I was thinking the same thing about the coasters.

Last edited by TopThrillCedarPoint,

Ride on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/TopThrillCedarPoint

Okay, my 14 year old thinks he needs to throw the Jumbo Jet idea back in the mix :). It kind of makes sense. If you think about it, you could draw a link between the two names. The few pictures I've been able to find seem it might fit the area. Ocean Motion and Chaos are both up for sale. If they were to knock down the stadium and relocate the beach entrance, that would seem to give the room. It would also bring back memories.

Now, to punch a couple holes in his theory, not sure how this specifically would target the "teen market". Also, I'm not sure how much pre-construction work would need to be done (footers, etc.).

Just thought I'd throw this into the discussion and see where it goes ;)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service