Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

"A family" is a loose term. A family of a dad, mom, 4 yr old, and 3 yr old? Or a family of a dad, mom, 15 yr old, and 11 yr old?

Maverick walks the line about as well as it can be done for the second family, and boo blasters would be great for the first family.

But you're suggesting removing coasters that aren't as intense as the rest. Doing so would reduce the breadth of what the park offers. How exactly is reducing your product line a recipe for success?

I get that you are a very coaster-centric person, and that's fine. But I think you lean too heavily in that direction when thinking about what the park needs. The park has more coasters than anywhere else, most of which are not very family-friendly. You're suggesting they should further narrow that selection so that it's only the most intense left (the dark ride angle is a separate issue - they can add dark rides without removing coasters).

So, again, how is excluding potential customers a sound business decision?

Brandon

Are you ok?

I said they should put in a dark ride, family ride, and hyper. How is that going to exclude current customers?

The dark ride I mentioned would be Boo Blasters. The hyper could be anything from a dive machine to a diamondback. I didn't even mention the family ride.

Mean Streak -> New Hyper
Disaster -> New woodie (like prowler)
Corkscrew -> Boo Blasters

That's what I was envisioning. So the people looking for a good go between have the 90 ft woodie... the family with toddlers has boo blasters, and the hardcores get another sweet coaster.

I know, it's not your idea, so it sucks.

Ad hominem FTL.

Brandon

Kyle2154 said:
So the people looking for a good go between have the 90 ft woodie.

Except how does a 90ft woodie that doesn't go upside down fill the niche currently filled by Corkscrew? It's a great stepping stone coaster because it goes upside down without having the additional intimidation factor of being super tall (like Raptor, Mantis) or super fast (like Maverick).

Goodbye MrScott

John

It's not a perfect idea, Juggs. In fact, the biggest problem would be you could probably put boo blasters in a hundred places that wouldn't even require Corkscrews removal.

Just some stupid little ideas if they really needed more space. They could probably throw a woodie on the beach without removing DT too.

Woody72691 said:Last decade (2000's) CP built 4 rides:Millennium Force (2000)Wicked Twister (2002)Top Thrill Dragster (2003)Maverick (2007)all built by Intamin AG which is ironic.

You're forgetting maXair and Skyhawk. I'm not sure I see the irony in that either...

Hildebrant should be speaking here around 3:15 or 3:20. I'll keep you updated. :)

EDIT: Probably shoot for 3:25-3:30 instead.

Last edited by RideWarrior18,

How well would something like this work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7j_QFVhUQI

It would probably require the removal of DT, but it's certainly in an interesting idea.

Well, the screencap at the beginning of the video shows that it doesn't require the removal of Disaster.

And I do like the idea.

Goodbye MrScott

John

^That was actually something that was made by our very own Valleyfair_Enthusiast!

I'd love to see something similar to that, but something that streatches a little farther down, maybe a turn-around helix in the OM area? :)

EDIT: Hildebrandt confirmed to speak at 3:30. Link.

Last edited by RideWarrior18,

Even if they decided to replace Mean Streak, i think another wooden coaster should go in its place. Preferably a dueling woody. They did a good job with making Maverick fit the area, but with Mean Streak being back there for almost 20 years, it just wouldn't look right with a bunch of steel behind the train station IMO. It definately wouldn't fit the "old west" theme, yes i said theme, of the area.

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

FYI, Hildebrandt just said the word "star" is not involved in the new ride at all. Clearly someone was trying to eliminate StarFlyer. However, I wouldn't read too much into this... He may have just taken the question to be will the word star be in the name of the new ride...

This interview is painful to watch... the audio is clipping terribly, and I find the host horribly annoying...

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

What was the exact quote? "The word 'star' is not involved in the new ride at all"?

Last edited by Kyle2154,

As casual as this interview is, I wouldn't take anything down to the "exact quote" level...

As I recall, the quote was that the name of the ride did not include the word 'star.'

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

So, did we get anything out of him? I think I recall him saying something about the sale of Ocean Motion...

I'm pretty sure a coaster is completely ruled out, now. If there would be a new coaster, it wouldn't be more intimidating than the Millennium Force given the space they have to work with. And if Mr. Hildebrandt loves the Millennium Force but will be too afraid to ride 2011 ride, then it's probably a thrill ride like the Star Flyer.

Haha, I forgot that I had uploaded that video.... Hopefully someone from CF decides it'd be a great addition. I'm not holding my breath though.

-Chance M.
1. Magnum XL 200 (trimless)_____1. Voyage
2. Maverick_____________________2. Boulder Dash
3. Millennium Force_____________3. Prowler

The interviewer also kept putting words in John's mouth. "So the new ride is going to be more complex than Millennium Force?!?"... Seriously, I would rather read the most outrageous posts on this forum than have to watch that interview again :)

Also, as much as the interviewer wants to believe, the new ride will not be announced first through the Sandusky Register. I'm surprised John didn't plug the Facebook page as a correction to that statement.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service