Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

JuggaLotus said:
1 - So did WWL. So did Jungle Larrys. So did the Western Cruise.

2 - And they could like the new ride as well.

3 - This pissing match no longer exists. 15 years ago, maybe. Not today.

4 - See #3.

5 - True. But just because people like it, desn't mean they wouldn't like a replacement.

1. WWL was messed up, not very popular and just a waste of space

2. I thought this was a "THRILL" ride, kids wouldnt be able to ride it depending on what it is.

3. maybe you dont care about it anymore but theres still heat going on between both places.

4. Fail reason.

5. Then dont complain about it then. if you dont like it, stay away from it.

WWL wasn't very popular? Amongst whom?

We aren't talking about this years installation. DT isn't going anywhere for next years thrill ride. It will be replaced in the future.

No, there is no "heat" between both places. They aren't in any competition.

Agreed. Your 4th point was a fail.

Goodbye MrScott

John

1. Rides are taken down for various reasons. Rarely are those reasons based on a ride having a "history". And I really don't think DT has much "history"... I've never heard anyone say, when I mention CP, oh, yeah, that's the place with Disaster Transport! Usually, they say oh yeah, that's the place with Magnum Force!

2. In your first post, you weren't defending DT's removal for next year's ride. You were defending DT's removal for "something else". So Jugga's right - when DT does come down, and it will, eventually, it may well be replaced with a family/kiddie-friendly attraction, invalidating reason #2.

3. Kinzel is probably the only one left over the age of 12 who still thinks the coaster wars are going on. And his days are numbered, thank goodness.

4. Duplicate reason. Err, wait, sorry... fail reason. LAWLZ!!!1!

5. Popularity is only one of the many factors that determine whether or not a ride is worth keeping.

Brandon

ooo his days are numbered, that sounds like you want to kill him.

Woody72691 said:

2. I thought this was a "THRILL" ride, kids wouldnt be able to ride it depending on what it is.

3. maybe you dont care about it anymore but theres still heat going on between both places.

4. Fail reason.

1. White Water Landing, was the most popular water ride at Cedar Point when it was there.

2. I would say most wooden roller coasters are family friendly. Prowler at WOF, Renegade at Valleyfair, and even Blue Streak. There are many roller coaster designs that are family friendly.

3. There is no heat. Cedar Point would not collapse if Magic Mountain built another roller coaster.

4. They could do the same thing they did to White Water Landing, demolish it and redevelop the area.

5. I like Disaster Transport somewhat, but it really is mediocre at best with the experience.

By the way, why should they keep a ride just because you like it?

Last edited by coolkid2345,

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

No, it sounds more like the new blood on the board won't stand for his financial ignorance much longer and we'll see a push for him to finally retire.

Goodbye MrScott

John

coolkid2345 said:
5. I like Disaster Transport somewhat, but it really is mediocre at best with the experience.

Now that I agree with. Its a fun little coaster that I do enjoy riding. But I won't miss it if it is replaced by something better.

Goodbye MrScott

John

ooo....new blood....still sounds like you want to kill him!

;)

Promoter of fog.

coolkid2345 said:

Woody72691 said:

4. Fail reason.

1. White Water Landing, was the most popular water ride at Cedar Point when it was there.

2. I would say most wooden roller coasters are family friendly. Prowler at WOF, Renegade at Valleyfair, and even Blue Streak. There are many roller coaster designs that are family friendly.

3. There is no heat. Cedar Point would not collapse if Magic Mountain built another roller coaster.

4. They could do the same thing they did to White Water Landing, demolish it and redevelop the area.

okay if WWL was so popular why is it gone? and I have some evidence on why theres still competition.

Last decade (2000's) CP built 4 rides:

Millennium Force (2000)

Wicked Twister (2002)

Top Thrill Dragster (2003)

Maverick (2007)

all built by Intamin AG which is ironic.

SFMM built:

Goliath (200)

Goliath Jr. (2001)

Deja Vuu (2001)

X2 (2002)

Scream! (2003)

Tatsu (2006)

Terminator Salvation: The Ride (2009)

future: mr six's stupid roller dancing whatever

Now by my count that's 4 for our boys CP and 7 for SFMM. theres still no heat when SFMM is building all these coasters? just making a point moving on.........

Dick has stated he wants CP to maintain its title as the park with the most roller coasters.

I don't see how he can go back to the same shareholders and put a big -1 on the board.

I'm outta here (not interested in a pissing match with the newest know-it-all member), but here's some advice, Woody: lurk more, post less (and post less contentiously), and your stay here will be more enjoyable.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Woody72691 said:

okay if WWL was so popular why is it gone? and I have some evidence on why theres still competition.

So, because SFMM built more coasters in the 2000's (seems like you're pulling some arbitrary delimiter from a dark hole, but ok) that somehow means that they are in competition with Cedar Point? A park that is 2000 miles away and has a completely different audience than Six Flags?

Sure.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Juggs, I completely agree with you. The problem is, Dick has said, himself, he wants to maintain the title.

If I had it my way DT, Corkscrew, and MS would all be out. I'd be coining CP has the park with the most 200 ft. coasters (which they are), add another hyper, a family ride, and a dark ride. But, alas... we are probably stuck breaking teeth on Mean Streak.

Last edited by Kyle2154,

I'd have to disagree on Corkscrew. Ignorning the asinine seatbelts and absolute piss-poor operations the last few years, it is a pretty iconic (and fun) ride for Cedar Point. One of the best photo ops in the parks is of the over midway double corkscrew.

Now, that's not to say I wouldn't mind seeing a replacement (ala Phantoms Revenge) that fixes the restraint/operations issues while keeping the iconic double corkscrew.

And if he has said as much recently, it just goes to show how overdue his retirement really is.

Last edited by JuggaLotus,

Goodbye MrScott

John

Corkscrew is saved, in part at least, because it takes up almost no space at all.

Brandon

Just enough space for a small dark ride. :)

I agree there are other options that would have to be taken advantage of before CS. MS... four, five years later DT. And so on.

I just think it's a dumb title. The coaster freaks would love hearing "Only park with 5, 200 ft.+, coasters!" anyways. They could even poke fun at the parks with 8 jr. geminis.

I think limiting the coaster selection to only 200+ foot high rides with a track length of over 5200 feet would do a LOT more harm than good. Catering almost exclusively to the teen market proved to not be a sustainable strategy.

Variety is what it's all about.

Brandon

And that is exactly why I said they could use a dark ride, family ride, and another 200 ft.

I still think Boo Blasters would be a great addition for CP.

And Corkscrew (hey, at least its not "Flightdeck") serves a great niche for the park. It goes upside down and isn't as intimidating (or as height restricted) as Raptor, Mantis or Maverick. I know for me it was the first upside down coaster I went on as a work-up to riding Raptor.

Goodbye MrScott

John

So, if a family wants to ride a 100' coaster that isn't as intense as, say, Maverick, they should be pointed to a dark ride? I don't follow the logic.

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service