Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Humm, Someone on facebook mentioned that "let the games begin" sound like something from Saw, Saw the ride just opened up at the tallest vertical drop coaster.... I'm sure this is looking too hard into it, but I want a dive coaster!

KevinL332 said:
Humm, Someone on facebook mentioned that "let the games begin" sound like something from Saw, Saw the ride just opened up at the tallest vertical drop coaster.... I'm sure this is looking too hard into it, but I want a dive coaster!

I hope that if this is what is going to be put in that it is much taller and faster. I watched the POV for the saw ride and it is really not great. I would rather ride Maverick.

No coaster will ever be too fast or too tall!

And as we all know, watching a POV video while sitting stationary at your computer is the best way to judge a ride.

Goodbye MrScott

John

HAHA Jugga

As I recall Saw the ride did look pretty lame, but I've seen a lot of kick ass dive coasters, its NOT about height and speed, I think maverick proves that, I don't think we need the newest, biggest, flashiest coaster, we need a fun coaster. The coaster war is over I believe (for now) and I am kinda glad of it, I wanna see then go back to figuring out crazy ways to twist and turn riders. go back to trying to put our bodies through crazy positive G's and before we know it Negative G's pulling us out of the seat. Than twist and turn us so we don't know whats up or down!

This is what a coaster should be, not making the tallest faster 8 second in the world. Don't get me wrong I love dragster, but 22million just seems like a lot to pay for an 8 second ride.

KevinL332 said:
22million just seems like a lot to pay for an 8 second ride.

It sounds like Rick Pitino would agree with this statement. :)

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

KevinL332 said:
HAHA Jugga

This is what a coaster should be, not making the tallest faster 8 second in the world. Don't get me wrong I love dragster, but 22million just seems like a lot to pay for an 8 second ride.

But what if it's wilder than Jake Owen's Eight Second Ride? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVxt-Qr8ml0

EDIT: Deleted an unimportant part of my quote

Last edited by CodyR,

perfect!!! that would be a great theme lol

People who don't know me think I'm quiet...People who do, wish i was!

Break Trims said:

KevinL332 said:
22million just seems like a lot to pay for an 8 second ride.

It sounds like Rick Pitino would agree with this statement. :)

Best post ever!

JuggaLotus said:
And as we all know, watching a POV video while sitting stationary at your computer is the best way to judge a ride.

Jugga,

Not to say that you can get the total feel of the ride from a POV but It seems that the saw ride is very slow going most of the time.The theming looks pretty cool as a dark ride/coaster deal but at CP that would last about two years until it becomes a lights out no theme ride IMO. As far as the coaster part of the ride goes it is not nearly involved with inverts, spins, and twists as I would like to see a ride of this type to be.

No coaster will ever be too fast or too tall!

I still want the Flying coaster (:. Even if they never get one, I will still want one. Or mabye Floorless Dive Coaster or a Wingrider Launch Coaster.

After riding the flyer at KI, which was just okay imo, I'd hope not to see one at CP. The load / unload time is almost painfully slow, and the ride wasn't that exciting. Unless they at least doubled the length of the ride so they could add at least two more trains, the wait times on busy days would be horrendous.

But the flyer at Kings Island is by Vekoma. If Cedar Point got a Bolliger and Mabilard Flyer it would be different. Manta at Sea World is by B&M and gets 1500 riders per hour, when Firehawk only gets 800 per hour. The restraints are different on them and Manta doesnt have Straps and Firehawk does. So it depends on what company makes it.

While I admit that Stratosoar is a good name for a Star Flyer, its Mr. Kinzel's comments that don't jive with me. Saying that a ride like the Water Swing "is going to bring back a lot of memories for people that follow Cedar Point" is a bit of a stretch. The Water Swing was well before my time, but isn't it really just a glorified beach toy that wasn't even in the amusement park? Why would that bring back "a lot of memories"? Are there a significant number of people still alive today from back then to even remember?

I remember the logo on Facebook from the 1960s, I don't know how far in the past it was used though. But, what is arguably the most memorable ride built in the 60s that is a thrill ride. It was a wooden out and back roller coaster that ran close to water called the Blue Streak. The first roller coaster built at the park since the Cyclone... Possibility?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

ha! yeah i just keep imagining Tony/Tyler and other Cp people laughing really hard on this thread....I bet we r totally off the charts on what it could be...no wonder they have so much fun with messing with us!

People who don't know me think I'm quiet...People who do, wish i was!

Pete said:
The Water Swing was well before my time, but isn't it really just a glorified beach toy that wasn't even in the amusement park?

Keep in mind that in the time frame that it operated, the boundaries of what did and did not constitute the park were a lot more amorphous than they are today. There was no single paid admission at the time, and Cedar Point's beaches were considered as much part of the park as its ballroom.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I wonder if we are going to get a hint from Mr. H today at 3:00 p.m.

How fast will it be up on the Sandusky Register? Would it go out with tomorrow's "paper" or be up this afternoon/evening?

speedy g. said:
ha! yeah i just keep imagining Tony/Tyler and other Cp people laughing really hard on this thread....I bet we r totally off the charts on what it could be...no wonder they have so much fun with messing with us!

Haha I agree with you.

Ride on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/TopThrillCedarPoint

Cedar Point 2011 :
Cedar Point Sandusky, Oh has released their plans for their 2011 attraction. The park is building a new hot dog stand, right along the beach.

This will be our luck.^

Okay I'm new year and read a lot of post here on people who are HATING just crapping on the Disaster Transport and that it needs to be removed for something else,

okay I have 5 reasons why this a is stupid excuse and why it shouldnt be torn down.

1. Disaster Transport has a long history, CP wouldnt take this thing down UNLESS it was so messed to a point where it is unfixable.

2. Families and kiddies like it.

3. Why would CP put in their time to tear down a RC (lowering their total to 16 and tying with SFMM) to build a new one and retieing with SFMM when they finish their ride.

4. The Record belongs to them, why would they Give it up when they have Six Flags and the rest of the amusement park competition by the balls.

5. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean no one else doesnt.

there, happy now? and has anyone though this ride could be a Boomerang? enough of the flying stuff, they have raptor and WT to give you the sensation of flying.

Last edited by Woody72691,

1 - So did WWL. So did Jungle Larrys. So did the Western Cruise.

2 - And they could like the new ride as well.

3 - This pissing match no longer exists. 15 years ago, maybe. Not today.

4 - See #3.

5 - True. But just because people like it, desn't mean they wouldn't like a replacement.

Goodbye MrScott

John

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service