Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Kyle2154 said:
I tried (googled) to look up the patents for MaXair and SkyHawk but was unable to find them.

Perhaps you should try looking up trademarks instead. ;)

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Ok, Ok.

Here is a nice site with some of the records for Cedar Fair...

Trademarks

Last edited by Kyle2154,

Kyle2154 said:
Are any Cedar Fair parks getting a coaster next year?

Right now it looks like Knott's Berry Farm and Canada's Wonderland are in line for coasters, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

EDIT: Looks like the trademark for StartoSoar is more alike to the trademark of Maverick than the trademark of Skyhawk. Hmm.....

Last edited by RideWarrior18,

Interesting.

In June of 2006, Cedar Fair's attorneys moved into a new office.

Goodbye MrScott

John

RideWarrior18 said:
EDIT: Looks like the trademark for StartoSoar is more alike to the trademark of Maverick than the trademark of Skyhawk. Hmm.....

Why is that?

Brandon

I think he means how SkyHawk was only trademarked as an amusement park ride, where both Stratosoar and Maverick were trademarked for keychains and the like.

The Skyhawk trademark is classified for: Amusement park rides, ICC 028, and ICC 041.

That compared to a coaster like Maverick, which includes: metal key chains, ICC 006, ICC 009, ICC 016, ICC 018, ICC 020, ICC 021, ICC 024, ICC 025, ICC 028, ICC 030, ICC 035, and ICC 041.

Finally, StratoSoar includes: metal key chains, ICC 006, ICC 009, ICC 016, ICC 020, ICC 021, ICC 025, ICC 028, and ICC 041.

Its not just the metal key chains, but the shear quantity of trademarked items compared to a flat ride like Skyhawk. I italicized the ICCs that are included in Maverick but not in StratoSoar. Honestly, I have no clue what this means, but from a quantity and similarity standpoint, the trademark for StratoSoar is a lot more similar to the trademark of Maverick than the trademark of Skyhawk.

That's a very entertaining list. I can now trademark Winter Fest, but not Hercules? Also funny to see Cyber Says on there which is KI's now defunct virtual reality pay to play game. You wouldn't think it was valuable or unique enough to trademark, but apparently KI did.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

That can't be the whole list though... can it? I mean where is Intimidator? I305? and the rest of the rides?

Actually, it looks like Stratosoar (8) almost exactly splits the difference between Skyhawk (2) and Maverick (12), based on the ICC's.

Brandon

^^Intimidator is a trademark of Dale Earnhardt Inc., not Cedar Fair. Believe it or not, not all rides are trademarked. Some names are just too common: i.e. Blue Streak, Wildcat, Prowler, Behemoth, Iron Dragon, etc. Snoopy is not a trademark of Cedar Fair either, but rather of Charles Schultz.

^Hmm.... then maybe its a rolling flat? :)

EDIT: Well, if its worth anything, whats included in Maverick and not StratoSoar is: leather and imitations of leather, goods made of animal skins, hides, trunks and traveling bags, umbrellas, parasols and walking sticks, whips, harness and saddlery, textiles and textile goods, beds and table covers, coffee, tea, cocoa, sugar, rice, tapioca, sago, artificial coffee, flour and preperations made from cereals, bread, pastry and confectionary, ices, honey, treacle, yeast, baking powder, salt, mustard, vinegar, sauces (condiments), spices, ice, advertising, business management, business administration, and office functions.

Seems like some of that would only be contingent with a western ride, but others I couldn't explain, however I don't see many of these things for sale at CP anyway.

Random idea: 350 ft. deluxe rotor with a see-through floor. Doesn't that just sound like fun? ;)

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

Dammit, I want a Maverick whip! And after a great deal of whippin', I'd like to settle in with some licensed Maverick tapioca.

edit: as to the Rotor idea, why would there need to be a floor at all? Now that would be the sort of thrill ride I'd decline to ride.

Last edited by Break Trims,

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

Did anyone else get an e-mail from Cedar Point stating the 2011 announcement would be on Facebook first?

I got it yesterday.

Yesterday's News

Goodbye MrScott

John

Also, Tony did reassure us the date and time of the announcement will be made known ahead of time.

thank God....for being such a laid back hype...its one of the most challenging!

People who don't know me think I'm quiet...People who do, wish i was!

I really LOVE all of this speculation...it's like i'm a kid again staying up late with my brother on Christmas Eve talking about what we think we are going to get.....but if this turns out to be a sweater from crazy aunt Bernadine, i'm going to be really dissapointed. I am holding out hope for a coaster but resigned to a Star flyer.....

I think Cedar Point will announce the new ride in the next week. Because soon it will be Mid-August. Unless they hold the announcement back until the end of August, that would be a dissapointment.

Maybe, but they have just now (yesterday) let the whole world (facebook) know that they are going to begin releasing clues and "let the game begin". I don't think they are going to turn around and announce it right away.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service