Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

djDaemon said:

TopThrillCedarPoint said:
What about a tall flying coaster?

A coaster has been effectively ruled out at this point.

Yea, just a thought. But, I just don't get why everyone thinks it will be a star flyer.

I think the clue about Cedar Point's past fits. There use to be a water swing out on the beach/water.

Yea, I already said that a couple of pages back. It would be better if it was a real high one. ;)

Ride on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/TopThrillCedarPoint

Tony didn't exactly post "fun" all over the blog, it was on his Twitter, and all he said was:

"Going into a 2011 planning meeting. This is going to be fun. Yes, I know it will be fun."

So somehow that got contrived into a cryptic message to nerds everywhere that the new ride is most certainly from Funtime, the company that makes the StarFlyer ride.

The only clue that does not fit a StarFlyer is how it in anyway brings back memories for people who follow the park. Yes, I know they had the amazing 11-foot high Sea Swing.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Kevin he posted it on the blog too, about the new poll "being a little more...how should we put it..."fun".

You're right, maybe it is nothing, but again, it would fit in the Star Flyer theory.

Or maybe his meetings are just a darn good time. ;)

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Kevinj said:
Tony didn't exactly post "fun" all over the blog, it was on his Twitter, and all he said was:

"Going into a 2011 planning meeting. This is going to be fun. Yes, I know it will be fun."

So somehow that got contrived into a cryptic message to nerds everywhere that the new ride is most certainly from Funtime, the company that makes the StarFlyer ride.

The only clue that does not fit a StarFlyer is how it in anyway brings back memories for people who follow the park. Yes, I know they had the amazing 11-foot high Sea Swing.

I agree fully a Starflyer everyone just jumped and now it must be it. Star flyers look boring i can go on a swing for free any time i want. They have a swing already why need another really they have like 3

If you have an idea of something that fits all of the clues better... lets hear it.

What I want to know is, how in the world is fun a clue? I think he has the right to say the word fun, he works at an amusement park.

Last edited by TopThrillCedarPoint,

Ride on, my friends!

Wow all I said is that I rather not ride another swing. Max air swings and spins Skyhawk giant swing Wave swinger older style swing. is it me or most of the flat rides spin? Witches wheel matterhorn calypso.

So please tell me why they need a 300 foot pole with swings?

I rather see something that will bring more people to cp something more unique!! No not saying a coaster just anything that is good.

Deathfearsnone said:
Wow all I said is that I rather not ride another swing...

And I don't want to ride on any of the rides in Planet Snoopy they added a couple years back they already have dozens of those little rides, so what?

Wow your really hate others opinions if it differs from your own. Keep in mind starflyer is just a rumor just speculation until confirmed. So chill out.

Can we please treat each other with a little respect? Thank You

Lets please stay on topic.

With that being said, I would rather have a woodie down by the beach but the signs simply dont point to a new coaster. I personally like the idea of a starflyer if CP is getting a new flat.

The "fun" clues lead to the Funtimes idea. But why does it automatically point to a starflyer? They make other rides, right? Am I missing something? What if there is a NEW ride made by Funtimes going to Cedar Point in 2011?

And when I thought about "bringing back memories" with the sea swing, I don't think anyone can remember back to 1904.

I cannot buy into a Starflyer bringing back memories of a water swing. I am not in any way saying that Cedar Point couldn't, however. The whole "fun" thing would make sense as a reference to Funtime, but last year we got the same type of hints early on only to be told later it would not be several of the brands hinted to in the past.

Another thing I have seen is "Stratosoar's" relation to height. It does not mean the same thing as mega, giga, and strata-coasters. It probably simply means that it will be tall.

Just an idea, could Bolliger's presence for Coaster Mania have any significance? Stratosoar certainly has the sound of the world's tallest flyer. Just throwing that out there though nothing points to it and there is a lot pointing against it.

I still say GG twister named Cyclone. I am going down with the ship on this one.

If they got multiple loading stations for a flyer it could work. :) At this point no one knows what it truly is.

Kinzel has stated in the past that he does not have a great interest in flyers. Specifically, I think capacity was a big issue. See Firehawk at KI as an example of how a dual loading station can be awfully slow.

I think a very tall Starflyer will be sufficiently different from the other swing rides to make it really fun. Does anyone know if Funtime makes both the seated and the "lay down" variety? I'm thinking of the kiddie swing ride at KI which has the lay down type cars.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

One of Funtime's patents does indeed have the "lay down" setup.

Brandon

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

What I want to know is why doesn't Cedar Point have to get permits, apply for height waver, and meet with city council and stuff like that? Busch Gardens has to. http://first.jccegov.com/CaseTrak/searchdetail.aspx?caseid=61518 and http://www.vagazette.com/articles/2010/04/28/news/doc4bd78c0de3232420231208.tx

Even Kings Island's Diamondback plans were found in a county office before it was announced. Why doesn' CP do any of this?

Let's Get Weird.

Kind of wondering if maybe they might revisit the jumbo jet. Possibly a larger faster version. But I thought Dick said memories of Cedar Fair, not Cedar Point. Could it be precedents set by the company as a whole across their parks?

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I thought that, and I don't know everything about every other park they own. Hopefully they mean Cedar Point. :)

Ride on, my friends!

buckeyeminister said:
Can we please treat each other with a little respect? Thank You

Lets please stay on topic.

With that being said, I would rather have a woodie down by the beach but the signs simply dont point to a new coaster. I personally like the idea of a starflyer if CP is getting a new flat.

I agree with this guy 100%

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service