Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

I don't really. I still believe it to be a roller coaster in the mold of Cyclone, but there is a lot that points against that as well.

That's what I'm getting at. Yeah, there may be questions about the "history = Sea Swing = Starflyer" line of thought, but as of now, it's by far the most plausible theory. Far more plausible than a coaster of any kind.

Brandon

The logo does kind of look like a Star Flyer... doesn't it.

Why is it far more plausible?

Because CP is not known as America's Roller Coast?

Because when people think of CP they don't think of its roller coasters, but rater a sea swing?

Because CP has cleared/is marking two parcels of land containing way more space than a flat ride would need?

Because CP trademarked "Whyte Lightning" last year?

No one knows what is more plausible, let alone far more plausible. People are just guessing. Based on what we know it could be a flat, it could be a coaster, it could be a return of mini golf or the giant slide or a fun house.

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

speaking of guessing...it's halariuos to read the comments on the cp facebook page!

People who don't know me think I'm quiet...People who do, wish i was!

speedy g. said:
speaking of guessing...it's halariuos to read the comments on the cp facebook page!

Yeah, especially when you can tell that some people are just copying stuff from this site and screamscape lol

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

there was even posts that this was ttd's last year*(apparently quoted by a worker) lol

Last edited by speedy g.,

People who don't know me think I'm quiet...People who do, wish i was!

I wonder how they can moderate some of that stuff. Seems like it would take a full time job just to keep up.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Kyle2154 said:

honestly the symbol that goes around CP 1870 reminds me of what some of the starflyers look like. but i might be looking into it way too much lol

-Marty

#1 Millennium Force #2 Maverick #3 Top Thrill Dragster

Someone actually talked about CP getting a Michael Jackson version of Rockin' Rollercoaster at DisneyWorld.

Last edited by TheRealLasagna,

djDaemon said:Yeah, there may be questions about the "history = Sea Swing = Starflyer" line of thought.

Keep in mind the source, the man is old.

Chuck Wagon said:I wonder how they can moderate some of that stuff. Seems like it would take a full time job just to keep up.

Enter Tony Clark and Marketing Interns.

Last edited by 99er,

Ok..... I just found a Huss ride called topple tower " while the thrills will keep families and teens alike coming back for more" teens....... now for my historical reference according to wikipedia in 2002 a ride more specifically a tower collapsed this would fit the topple effect of the ride and it was just of 300 feet tall so maybe they want to build a 400 foot topple tower called stratosoar

Last edited by inversionsarebetter,

Except that Cedar Point didn't trademark "ComaSoar".

Goodbye MrScott

John

To be honest, the only reason I really favor the Star Flyer idea is the "teen market" and "thrill seeker" comment. Just think about it. MaXair, SkyHawk and Maverick were all coined as family rides... nothing is really aimed at just the crazy teen or thrill seeker.

It would take a slingshot or ripcord type of ride to fit that category... or a 300 ft Star Flyer.

Last edited by Kyle2154,

No doubt about it to me that it is a starflyer. Tony and Tyler said they would be posting clues, and that logo is a dead giveaway. Maybe there will be a different element to it, such as the ride pivots, but I am convinced it will be something very similar to a starflyer.

net said:
No doubt about it to me that it is a starflyer. Tony and Tyler said they would be posting clues, and that logo is a dead giveaway. Maybe there will be a different element to it, such as the ride pivots, but I am convinced it will be something very similar to a starflyer.

Do you mean like a combination of a Topple Tower and a StarFlyer? You'd have to make sure that the swings don't hit the ground! :)

CedarPointGeek said:

Kyle2154 said:

honestly the symbol that goes around CP 1870 reminds me of what some of the starflyers look like. but i might be looking into it way too much lol

The logo has been used before by Cedar Point. As seen in this 1966 Park Guide

Goodbye MrScott

John

Well, yeah, they've been planning this ride since '66. It's just another clue...

Last edited by !,

TheRealLasagna said:
Someone actually talked about CP getting a Michael Jackson version of Rockin' Rollercoaster at DisneyWorld.

If that happened my dreams would come true. :)

JuggaLotus said:

The logo has been used before by Cedar Point. As seen in this 1966 Park Guide

The whole time I was reading this, I was thinking that same thing and thinking you guys are getting a little carried away with this clue thing. The logo was a reference to the ride being historic most likely.

Last edited by TopThrillCedarPoint,

Ride on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/TopThrillCedarPoint

TopThrillCedarPoint said:
The whole time I was reading this, I was thinking that same thing and thinking you guys are getting a little carried away with this clue thing....

Isn't that the point of this thread? To get a little carried away and try to figure it out?

Keep in mind last year the clue referencing SRF's turning 17, "the ride hasn't asked for much so we'll just go ahead and not make it a big deal", should have given it away. Obvioulsy a new water ride would make an old one... no big deal.

Last edited by Kyle2154,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service