Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Remember the old rocket ships? Fun time's has a new one on there web site. That would pull in the bring back the old.

Via Cedar Point email:

We're finalizing our exciting plans for our 2011 season, and you can be the first to find out all the good news!We're letting the secret out onour Facebook page in the near future. So if you'd like to follow along with clues, tidbits and other tender morsels of information, make sure youvisit us on Facebook for all the details.

Promoter of fog.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
What I want to know is why doesn't Cedar Point have to get permits, apply for height waver, and meet with city council and stuff like that? Busch Gardens has to. http://first.jccegov.com/CaseTrak/searchdetail.aspx?caseid=61518 and http://www.vagazette.com/articles/2010/04/28/news/doc4bd78c0de3232420231208.tx

Even Kings Island's Diamondback plans were found in a county office before it was announced. Why doesn' CP do any of this?

They probably do but I bet with Sandusky they pretty much just rubber stamp anything cedar point wants to do as it is so importatn to the cities economy. I would imagine they could delay applying for any permits till after an annoucement knowing that the town will approve them with very little trouble.

Water Swing rebuilt as a Starflyer. Would be located off the shore over the water like the original Water Swing. Entrance/Que located near the Ocean Motion. This makes the most sense based on the hints so far. Kinzel knows that followers of CP remember the Water Swing or have read about it. Of course it won't be like the original because insurance companies would go crazy if they knew that all you did to control your ride was to hang onto the rope and let go when your ready. But the original concept will be there. It is definately sounding like this.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

Somehow, I have some trouble believing that many people will "remember" the Sea Swing... a ride that opened more than 100 years ago, and was gone long before many of those "following Cedar Point" were born... unless, if only having seen it in pictures constitutes as "remembering." Not that I'm denying that the new ride is going to be a starflyer; it just seems like a poor connection to me.

Last edited by DBCP,

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

DBCP, I don't think people are saying they remember the ride. People are saying that the Sea Swings had history at the park. No one was implying they remember the ride, we are just saying that the Sea Swings really is the same concept except a Star-Flyer is going to be controlled, safe, and more thrilling. It does have some connection because the ride is going to be close to the beach and it is the same concept of the ride (except riders are not going to land in the water).

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

Was it Sea Swings? My bad. I was just flipping through my "Queen of Watering Places" book and threw that name out. It has been 3 years since I have read it. Time for a refresher I think now that it is sitting in front of me.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

Deathfearsnone said:

They have a swing already why need another really they have like 3

Using that argument, we could say they already have 17 coasters, why need another? I'd LOVE a new coaster. In a VERY unscientific poll, 75% of my family say they would enjoy a starflyer. The other 25% (me) is worried about even watching one for fear of massive protein spills. I can't ride Waveswinger without wondering if I'll make it to the bathroom quick enough afterwards. That being said, I can guarantee that my wife and kids will embarass me onto it, if in fact that is what goes in.

I believe the quote was "It's going to bring back a lot of MEMORIES for people that follow Cedar Point." It's a good thought to tie in the Starflyer with the Sea Swing, but I'm thinking, like DBCP, that people might not "remember" a hundred-year-old ride. But then again, I could be wrong. It's a good thought concept.

coolkid2345 said:
No one was implying they remember the ride, we are just saying that the Sea Swings really is the same concept except a Star-Flyer is going to be controlled, safe, and more thrilling. It does have some connection because the ride is going to be close to the beach and it is the same concept of the ride (except riders are not going to land in the water).

I realize this... I'm referring to Kinzel's hint as it relates to the Sea Swing-StarFlyer connection.

! said:
I believe the quote was "It's going to bring back a lot of MEMORIES for people that follow Cedar Point."

PointBuzz said:

Dick Kinzel said:
the new ride will "bring back a lot of memories for people that follow Cedar Fair."

Fair not Point.

Btw, I thought it was the Water Swing not the Sea Swing.

Last edited by TopThrillCedarPoint,

Ride on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/TopThrillCedarPoint

TopThrillCedarPoint said:
Btw, I thought it was the Water Swing not the Sea Swing.

It was a water swing, it was called the Sea Swing.

Oh, I thought Water Swing was it's name.

Ride on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/TopThrillCedarPoint

Maybe they'll redo the earthquake ride. ;) Seriously though, I hope that if they do make the Starflyer ride, that there is something that makes it different. I wonder how fun the ride would be in the rain/wind..............:)

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

Sorry if this was mentioned, but didn't CP used to have a Funhouse? It was before my time, but it would fit in that area possibly, and match the "fun" idea. And it would be a with the teens.

I'll be the first to be a hater and say that I don't like Facebook as an announcement medium. The people that complain about everything typically out shout all others. I'm sure there will be raving complaints after the announcement.

In fairness, I guess those comments will happen regardless of where the announcement happens.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

What's New in 2011?

We're finalizing our exciting plans for our 2011 season, and you can be the first to find out all the good news!

We're letting the secret out on our Facebook page in the near future. So if you'd like to follow along with clues, tidbits and other tender morsels of information, make sure you visit us on Facebook for all the details. You never know what we'll post or when we'll spill the beans!

funtimes email :)

Last edited by Deathfearsnone,

DBCP said:
Somehow, I have some trouble believing that many people will "remember" the Sea Swing...

The fact that the old swing has been discussed here for weeks now sort of contradicts that theory. :)

Brandon

I still don't see how a ride from 100 years ago will mesh with remembering Cedar FAIR's history...didn't they form in the early 1980's?

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Kinzel may have simply misspoke when referencing the company. Personally, I put more emphasis on the overall statement, rather than parsing out every last syllable to find a "gotcha" moment.

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service