Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

AmazingMaverick(: said:
I think if Cedar Point gets a Intimidator coaster like CW and KD did, I would think it would be a different company, like Vekoma. Thats just my opinion though.

Please for the love of God and snoopy treats please don't be a nascar themed ride! I'm (sarcastically, not really) having a panic attack right now because of the drivers....lol... visit being mid-August and the fact that 2 intimidator coasters were built last year when CP didn't get their expected ride.... and the coasters were for someone who had the number 3.

::shivers::

Anyhoo, back to reality on my part. I'm a bit surprised that the stratosoar sites havent been updated with anything yet. I mean we are only talking a week or so now right? Would Cedar Fair just make the sites to start hype, or are they really planning a full webpage for one ride?

Edit: Nevermind, they did that for I305.

Last edited by Tim Seydell,

80+ coasters and counting

I'm sorry if I seem really stupid right now, but a stratosoar site?

Ride on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/TopThrillCedarPoint

www.stratosoar.com and .net. Ran a whois and Cedar Fair owns them, but nothing other than a generic layout, no information. More info about 10 pages back or so.

Ah, ok. I just started watching this thread within the last 6 pages.

Ride on, my friends!

Could "Stratosoar" be the name of the actual ride or just the name of the model ride of the company that makes it? And if that's the case, would the prefix "strato-" mean "400+ feet?" It WOULD put them in among the tallest thrill rides in the world.

Tim Seydell said:

AmazingMaverick(: said:
I think if Cedar Point gets a Intimidator coaster like CW and KD did, I would think it would be a different company, like Vekoma. Thats just my opinion though.

Please for the love of God and snoopy treats please don't be a nascar themed ride! I'm (sarcastically, not really) having a panic attack right now because of the drivers....lol... visit being mid-August and the fact that 2 intimidator coasters were built last year when CP didn't get their expected ride.... and the coasters were for someone who had the number 3.

::shivers::

Anyhoo, back to reality on my part. I'm a bit surprised that the stratosoar sites havent been updated with anything yet. I mean we are only talking a week or so now right? Would Cedar Fair just make the sites to start hype, or are they really planning a full webpage for one ride?

Edit: Nevermind, they did that for I305.

I know that would be horrible! And I do mean horrible! Guess who is coming to the Point soon???

! said:
Could "Stratosoar" be the name of the actual ride or just the name of the model ride of the company that makes it? And if that's the case, would the prefix "strato-" mean "400+ feet?" It WOULD put them in among the tallest thrill rides in the world.

Huh...I doubt it. The rumor says the ride will only be 300 feet tall, about the height of Power Tower...Gigasoar?

It would be nice to have it at 400+ feet, though. 300 isn't enough to make it the world's tallest; Austria's Praterturm is 117 meters, or about 384 feet.

It is the longest gap in coaster years in a hwhile, but it does create a better opportunity to sell 2012 with a mega-coaster.

I know that everyone would love for cedar point to get a new coaster including myself. However the only problem with that is the space available. I am pretty certain that this year will not be a coaster but hopefully within the next 4 years cedar point breaks the 500 foot barrier. In my opinion they are the most deserving park of tallest and fastest roller coaster in the world.

IMO....I think it will be a lot of years before anyone tries to break the current height records. Speed is going to be virtually unbeatable if Ferrari World gets its new ride open in Oct. as planned. With the current state of the economy not only at CP but world wide, the days of monster coasters may be on hold for some time. Look at Maverick, great ride, didn't break any huge records, and still one of the longest waits in the park.

ThunderbirdsMT said:
I know that everyone would love for cedar point to get a new coaster including myself. However the only problem with that is the space available.

Cedar Point has plenty of space, I've seen enough of that argument on another website.

! said

would the prefix "strato-" mean "400+ feet?" It WOULD put them in among the tallest thrill rides in the world.

I thought it was "stratA-" not "stratO-" ;)

Ride on, my friends!

Tim Seydell said:

I'm a bit surprised that the stratosoar sites havent been updated with anything yet. I mean we are only talking a week or so now right? Would Cedar Fair just make the sites to start hype, or are they really planning a full webpage for one ride?

Remember, Cedar Point did make a website for Whyte Lightning ;) and I'm 40% sure that someone found a trademark application for that name as well. Does anyone remember/can anyone find that in the thread?

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

I just started watching this thread within the last 6 pages

And you haven't missed a damn thing. :)

Amazing, isn't it?

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Yeah I read the trademark info on it, I know it's here somewhere. It kinda throws me off a bit that 2 sites were published but still aren't in use. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong, but the whytelightning site was only a .com? Unless their idea is to get mass attention for the ride, which if 2 sites are launched, I imagine it will be something big size-wise.

With the whytelightning site, it was up long before the week or so we have left till this announcement.

Last question, I see the 300 foot tall starflyer height being thrown around. Did I miss a meeting or something about the height? There's already a 380+ foot in Vienna, wouldn't CP want to beat that?

Tim Seydell said: It kinda throws me off a bit that 2 sites were published but still aren't in use.

They are not going to publish the actual sites until the ride is announced. Wasn't the same done for the Intimidators?

Kevinj said:

I just started watching this thread within the last 6 pages

And you haven't missed a damn thing. :)

Amazing, isn't it?

Actually I kinda skipped some of the big words. ;) Back on topic now..

Ride on, my friends!

For those of you wondering about the new ride and a possible relation to Dale Jr., you should know that Jeff Gordon visited on this exact week last year. It is because NASCAR is running a race in Michigan next weekend and it is an easy PR stop. I would think CP is working with Hendrick Motorsports to do the appearances each year...or vice versa.

Either way, I will laugh if someone asks Dale about the new ride. He'll probably be totally confused.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Well, yeah, he'll be confused. I mean, the guy probably gets flustered when he has to turn right.

Brandon

Well, to be fair, they raced at Watkins Glen last weekend where they have to turn both LEFT and right. Then again, I don't think Dale did very well at all, so maybe your assessment is correct.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Im hoping that djdaemon and the other site geniuses can bless us with some more of their accounting knowledge today. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Can we stay on topic, please?

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service