Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

That sounds likely for a name for a SkyFlyer.

Great find Mike.

Last edited by pointperson,

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

I wonder if "StratoSoar", will be around the same height as the other Strata in the park?

Visual Scan!

Well it's certainly not the name for a wooden coaster on the beach. ;)

Also, stratosoar.com and stratosoar.net were both registered domain names on 7/23/10.

Deduce it this way; do we know what any other Cedar Fair parks are getting in 2011?

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

In Cedar Fair land it could be :)

Visual Scan!

Sounds like next year will not influence me to go to cedar Point. Road trip to ride cheetah 2011!

Last edited by Deathfearsnone,

It's gonna be a Flat that's 400+ Feet Tall.........Some sort of record breaking thrill ride.

Last edited by Split951,

Cedar Point needs a GCI!!!

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
With spelling like that I think we all know who made that account. ;)

You took the words right out of my mouth.

^I didn't know they released details yet.

Last edited by coolkid2345,

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

Nothing is secret in the age of the Internet! 400+ ft. flat ftw!

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

TTD 120mph said:

TheRealLasagna said:
Sadly though, Maverick lost most of the themeing that was in the original video for it.

Aside from the whole "renderings should never be considered what we will see in the real ride", I think Maverick's themeing has never been better. The area has REALLY bloomed over the past 2 years. The western looking grass and shrubs are nice and tall and really look amazing with the canyon walls and area in general.

What we didn't see get made from the renderings and models were just things that sadly didn't meet the budget.....simple as that. And anyone who wants to say something regarding the LED tunnel lights and waterbombs tying into the theme IMO needs to rethink what themeing is. I consider those special effects.......not themeing.

Okay, I'm done. :)

Even though it goes against what I previously said, I have to agree with you. After the western-y grass started growing a few years after it was built, Maverick has been improving how it looks. You made a good point. :-)

Last edited by TheRealLasagna,

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

I know this means nothing, but just saw someone comment on CP's Facebook wall that they "messed up by buying a star flyer". Would love to know where the info has come from.

^^It really goes on opinion. I personally define themeing as what I see in the landscape and the objects that tie together with the landscape via geographical origin. If a said piece of themeing does a special effect, I consider it icing on the cake. And since we don't see LED strips and waterbombs in the true wild west, I don't consider it themeing. :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

ucbearcatmike said:
"Stratosoar" has been registered with the US Patent and Trademark office. What could it be?

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=doc&state=4001:c7n27.2.1

Am I the only one who can't get this link to work?

Yeah, I can't get it to work either. I tried searching for stratosoar on the site but nothing came up.

Anyone?

^Worked for me about 20 min ago.

Here is a website "confirming" it...

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2010/08/all-way-up-into-stratosoar.html

Last edited by Kyle2154,

Sounds like a Dinosaur to me. ;)

^ That link is showing all the items that will have the "Stratasoar" logo on it I'm assuming...?

Last edited by Corkscrew Headache,

I can confirm a whois search has shown Cedar Fair as the registered owner of stratosoar.com and stratosoar.net :) Also the case of the lettering in stratosoar is below:

StraToSoar.net

80+ coasters and counting

Wow looks like screamscape hit the nail on the head this time. I'm not a fan of the name, first thing I thought of was a dinosaur. Hope its not windy when I head to the park next summer.

It will be really fun to see this thing from the space needle.

80+ coasters and counting

If this is, in fact, a Funtime Star Flyer, how does it bring back memories? Any ideas?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service