Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Does anybody think the new ride will involve water?

Let's Get Weird.

I dont think it will ivolve water unless theres a splashdown or waterbombs. Thats just my opinion.

Last edited by AmazingMaverick(:,

You weren't here when Mr. Scott was. It was more of a flashback than a real question.

Let's Get Weird.

I wonder if Cedar Point is going to add a lot of theming to this ride, since the last 2 major rides, Maverick and Shoot the Rapids, had alot of theming in the original plans. Sadly though, Maverick lost most of the theming that was in the original video for it. But if it's a flat ride, there's not a whole lot of possibilities with theming, unless of course they build it in a building or underground or something.

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

Since it will be located in the ugly part of the park I would be happy with a few trees and some landscaping. The whole main midway and right side of the park up to Ocean Motion is just a concrete jungle.

Let's Get Weird.

Tim Seydell said:
Speaking of which, someone mentioned snoopys "giant" birthday present that was posted on CP's press release. The photo's of the box on other Cedar Fair parks brings back memories of last year. Didn't another park somewhere (I honestly don't remember where) have a crate on a midway that wouldn't be opened till a certain day? I'd just like to know what the surprise was in that crate and if it could be related to the august announcement.

I was there yesterday, and there was a 4-foot tall present in Kiddy Kingdom by the Snoopy statue, but I'm pretty sure it was just for his birthday, not a 2011 announcement.

What if his birthday present IS the 2011 announcement?!? Did I just blow your miiiind, maaaan???

Brandon

Man, that'd be a dog of an announcement. I'm sure it'd make some people howl with delight. Who nose what the announcement might bring, but I'm all ears.

Is it too late to suggest a triple ferris wheel? ;)

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

well i was just there yesterday and walked by ocean motion and saw the start of the markings for the new rollar coaster.
its obviously gonna b a new rollar coaster cuz cedar point is in competition with magic kingdom.
so we're all going to have to say goodbye to ocean motion :(

Post of the year!

:)

Promoter of fog.

Yeah, who can argue with that?

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

Alright, which one of you started a troll account? That can't be real.

Come on e x i t everyone knows that the magic kingdom is in competition with cedar point... we also know that Mr.six and son come have Dance parties in the ballroom above the midway arcade because their parties are in competition with the Thirsty Pony.

Shoot the rapids, tame and dry. Thunder Canyon, wet and laughter. Snake River Falls, soaked and smiling. White Water Landing and the old shoot the rapids, Fun and missed.

0001231 said:
well i was just there yesterday and walked by ocean motion and saw the start of the markings for the new rollar coaster.
its obviously gonna b a new rollar coaster cuz cedar point is in competition with magic kingdom.

Sinc wen did we al start callin roller coasters rollar coasters?

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

With spelling like that I think we all know who made that account. ;)

Let's Get Weird.

TheRealLasagna said:
Sadly though, Maverick lost most of the themeing that was in the original video for it.

Aside from the whole "renderings should never be considered what we will see in the real ride", I think Maverick's themeing has never been better. The area has REALLY bloomed over the past 2 years. The western looking grass and shrubs are nice and tall and really look amazing with the canyon walls and area in general.

What we didn't see get made from the renderings and models were just things that sadly didn't meet the budget.....simple as that. And anyone who wants to say something regarding the LED tunnel lights and waterbombs tying into the theme IMO needs to rethink what themeing is. I consider those special effects.......not themeing.

Okay, I'm done. :)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Yeah. I agree with Adam. It was almost a year since I last saw Maverick, and I'm super impressed. It's all looking so nice. I can't wait to see what STR looks like when it grows in. (not that it doesn't look awesome now, but they did a nice job, so it should grow in beautifully.)

0001231 said:

Normally I wouldn't do this, but it's too tempting to someone that's jacked up on caffeine....

omg omg, I was walking down the sidewalk in sandusky earlier this year and they had paint markings on the sidewalk, they are building a coaster down 1st Street!!!!!1

like e x i t said it's so good it can't be real, competition was spelled correctly but roller coaster wasn't,\. I love it. :)

So, guesses of what's in the box?

Last edited by Tim Seydell,

80+ coasters and counting

"Stratosoar" has been registered with the US Patent and Trademark office. What could it be?

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=doc&state=4001:c7n27.2.1

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service