Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

So, you're saying it serves a purpose.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Just like a lot of people ride the train just to get to the front/back of the park.

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

JuggaLotus said:
So, you're saying it serves a purpose.

It serves a very small purpose to a few people. It is an eye soar that could be on its way out. The ride is an embarrassment to Cedar Point.

I say bring back Jungle Larry's but instead of making it a zoo make it a dark ride and a shooting safari :) Please don't send PETA after me :))

Shoot the rapids, tame and dry. Thunder Canyon, wet and laughter. Snake River Falls, soaked and smiling. White Water Landing and the old shoot the rapids, Fun and missed.

So, do you remove TTD to bring back Jungle Larry's or Power Tower & Corkscrew? :)

Last edited by Captain Hawkeye,

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

But I honestly think that ride needs to get up, and leave. It is an absolute eyesore to the park.

The ride is not an eyesore, the building is.

^That is the same thing. Plus even if the warehouse building wasn't there, the ride would still look bad.

Before DT was closed in I think it looked pretty cool. Avalanche Run was a neat ride to have on the beach and did not really block the view of it at all. To bad the beach (sand) was one of the main reasons they decided to close it in

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

OMG! I figured it out! The new Pointcast is about fishing, right? Well thats what they want us to think! Really, its a big super dooper hint that the new ride is going to be a dark ride about fishing! Its going to be called "Lake Erie's Deadliest Catch". The ride will feature narration by Mike Rowe. (Host of Dirty Jobs and Deadliest Catch) You will hop in the old Shoot The Rapids boats and float through a water ride/dark ride combo. It will feature new special effects including the nasty stank that Lake Erie is known for. :)

Dont say I didn't tell you.

Let's Get Weird.

pointperson said:
I really don't see them removing Disaster Transport this year, considering they just added one of the best Halloweekends attractions in the building last year. If they were plans for it to come down I wouldn't think they would invest into a new attraction, that would just be torn down a year later.

If that was in response to what I said, I was only kidding my friend :)

Zach hit the nail on the head, maybe during one part of the ride you can look to your right and see the Cuyahoga River in flames, haha. Back to reality, anyone read the Cedar Point article in the Sunday Sandusky Register? I can't view it online but it talks about recent CP attendance and was wondering if there's anything about 2011 in there.

Last edited by Tim Seydell,

80+ coasters and counting

don't jump on me if this is old news, but Ocean Motion is up for sale: http://www.italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=1392 seems to be where lot's of the markings are too...

-h&b<3cp

I really think that Cedar Points Not going to remove DT. If they just made the building look better it would be great. And if they did remove DT, they'd only have 16 coasters putting Six Flags Magic Mountain in the lead, unless they added another roller coaster next year. And Six Flags will probally add another coaster in 2012 to try to get in the lead.

^ SFMM only has 16 coasters...

R.I.P. Mr. Scott

AmazingMaverick(: said:
I really think that Cedar Points Not going to remove DT. If they just made the building look better it would be great. And if they did remove DT, they'd only have 16 coasters putting Six Flags Magic Mountain in the lead, unless they added another roller coaster next year. And Six Flags will probally add another coaster in 2012 to try to get in the lead.

I really can't see a way making a warehouse look pretty.

Well, let's see. You could put a false facade on the front of it, perhaps one with a pleasant mural. Or you could plant and grow ivy all over the facing wall. Or you could disguise it with a giant fountain. Or a row of trees. Or a giant LED screen showing the actual view of the beach on the other side of the building. Or rows of scantily clad dancers on elevated platforms. Or lots and lots of synchronized Christmas lights -- okay, that would only work after dark -- or stick another, prettier ride in front of it. Or...

Point taken? :)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

^You made it sound like the new Cowboys stadium.

CP fanatic 2400 said:
^ SFMM only has 16 coasters...

One of which won't be operating until sometime next year. Though that didn't keep them from counting Flashback when it was still standing. Regardless, the numbers really don't matter.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

What i meant was that next year they will have 17 coasters. And if Cedar Point removes Disaster Transport to put a noncoaster there cedar point will have 16 and SFMM will have 17. So I dont see Cedar Point getting rid of DT.

^^Exactly. A park's coaster count as some sort of benchmark is just marketing-driven hype. What if a park opened tomorrow that featured 20 Vekoma Boomerangs and SLCs? Would that park have any merit over Cedar Point or Magic Mountain?

As cliche as it is, it's quality over quantity, and to get upset that a little kiddie coaster at Magic Mountain is going to boost some arbitrary number is just silly.

I just got back from a southern Indiana park that can only muster 4 coasters. How pathetic is that? ;)

Last edited by Break Trims,

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

ChrisC. said:

AmazingMaverick(: said:

I really can't see a way making a warehouse look pretty.

I never said to make it "Pretty" I just said to just kinda change it and make it look different.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service