Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Does anyone think Cedar Point will ever get a floorless coaster?

^Anything is possible but I doubt it. I think Cedar Point will invest in more "unique" rides. Cedar Point has something very simmular to a floorless coaster with Raptor.

Also a long time ago we were talking about putting a roller coaster in the parking lot. And some people were saying that Six Flags does that and its not something Cedar Fair would do. But Dominator at Kings Dominion is in part of the parking lot.

airee85 said:
...around the entire peninsula! ha. They could put in some cool fountains where the swan paddle boats used to be. Sure, Maverick swoops down there, but it would still look cool. Maybe have a cool fountain and light show every half hour. But then I suppose they'd have to enlarge the bridge for more viewing, etc.

Cedar Point has added so much to Frontier Town and the Frontier Trail over the past 5 years. Frontier Town was not as popular until they started making these changes.
-2006: Skyhawk
-2007: Maverick and quite a few cosmetic changes
-2009: Starlight Experience and many new cosmetic changes
-2010: Shoot the Rapids and a few cosmetic changes

Although they have done a fantastic job with the maXair area, the other parts by the beach look like crap. A water show would look amazing right by the beach at night. There is some space in between Wicked Twister and Giant Wheel so If they wanted to attract people, maybe add a walk through water show. Just my opinion though.

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

AmazingMaverick(: said:
Also a long time ago we were talking about putting a roller coaster in the parking lot. And some people were saying that Six Flags does that and its not something Cedar Fair would do. But Dominator at Kings Dominion is in part of the parking lot.

The only difference is Cedar Fair made some advances to try to clean up and rid the parking lot area when the added Dominator to Kings Dominion. Scream at Six Flags Magic Mountain nothing was done to cosmetically to enhance the surrounding area of the ride. The funny thing about that, Six Flags claims to be an "theme park."

Found an interesting little article online about the CP Cyclone...

here.

Promoter of fog.

Although it's an interesting read, it's a blog, not an article.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

ChrisC. said:

AmazingMaverick(: said:

The only difference is Cedar Fair made some advances to try to clean up and rid the parking lot area when the added Dominator to Kings Dominion. Scream at Six Flags Magic Mountain nothing was done to cosmetically to enhance the surrounding area of the ride. The funny thing about that, Six Flags claims to be an "theme park."

Very True.

Also I think once Cedar Point creates a new Steel coaster the shuld make it have the tallest loop.

Also on that blog it said to get rid of Disaster Transport. No Cedar Point would not do that. Because its a great ride for kids.

^It could be a great ride for kids. Iron Dragon and Wildcat are also great for the kids. Why keep a ride with a deteriorating building and a ride with just okay ridership? When Cedar Point is going to demolish a major attraction (For example White Water Landing) it means something even better could go there. Redoing that area where Disaster Transport lies, would be a great future addition for the park. Disaster Transport doesn't even seem like it belongs at Cedar Point. Cedar Point is running tight on space. If they were to remove it, I think the general public wouldn't care rather be thrilled for a star attraction.

^ Cedar Point isn't just open to the coaster enthusiasts and the blog posters. Not everyone hates Disaster Transport as much as its reputation. However, yes, a majority of people would like a new coaster replacing it. No question :)

And Cedar Point is not running tight on space. There are pockets of land that have yet to be used with rides/coasters. That, along with the way Cedar Point moves rides to other locations elsewhere in the park. It gives them room and the park is not as full as people think.

I saw on this point buzz awhile back that Tyler said that theres alot of places!

^^That is one of the only places to build large development. Sure Cedar Point is not as spaced locked as Knott's Berry Farm but they sure are not a Kings Island.

coolkid2345 said:
a ride with just okay ridership

By that logic, we should be getting rid of Blue Streak, Mean Streak and Mine Ride too.

http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com/Cedar_Point/Ridership.bmp

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Jason Hammond said:

coolkid2345 said:
a ride with just okay ridership

By that logic, we should be getting rid of Blue Streak, Mean Streak and Mine Ride too.

http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com/Cedar_Point/Ridership.bmp

They don't come with an ugly building, horrific maintenance (lights, theming, ect.) And in the end a not so thrilling , or even fun ride. Yes you may say "it's great for kids" But I honestly think that ride needs to get up, and leave. It is an absolute eyesore to the park.

Last edited by OKSIRYDOC,

^^First, a ride that only goes 40mph or so isn't going to be a thrilling ride as you stated. In fact, it's a great first coaster for many people, along the lines of the Mine Ride, fun for those who cannot handle the big stuff, and is quite nice on a hot day. It was a very unique concept in its time, the change over from Avalanche Run was very impressive. To each their own, I respect your opinion, frankly if I had a choice between DT or Wildcat I'd ride DT. Don't get me wrong though, I know it's dated and less than desirable to most.

Before people freak over this...I'm being sarcastic :)......I'm surprised no one has really pushed the possibility of DT being taken down this year for the new ride. One could make the case that it's being announced early to start taking down DT, and that's why they haven't done much with the theme maintenance over the last couple years if it's replacement was planned that far in advance ;)

Edit: By the way the new pointcast is up, nothing about the new ride though, just fishin'

Last edited by Tim Seydell,

80+ coasters and counting

The thing about Disaster Transport, most general guests don't know about it. They assume it's a storage building. I hear that constantly every time I wait in line for maXair. It makes no sense keeping an eyesore that's not popular. The only people that would remotely care about the removal, are people reading this thread.

I really don't see them removing Disaster Transport this year, considering they just added one of the best Halloweekends attractions in the building last year. If they were plans for it to come down I wouldn't think they would invest into a new attraction, that would just be torn down a year later.

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

Here is a photo I put together a while ago. It is the old Vilian from GL in the area in question (at the time, I was wanting them to relocate the ride- shattered dreams). I attempted to make the 2 images to scale, so it shows you can get a pretty big ride in the area. I still think Vilian would have been awsome in that area, so I am hoping for something similar.

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee76/spitnsunshine/villan_at_CP_1.jpg

Games - 1989 - Beanbag Toss/Break-a-plate

ChrisC. said:
The thing about Disaster Transport, most general guests don't know about it. They assume it's a storage building. I hear that constantly every time I wait in line for maXair. It makes no sense keeping an eyesore that's not popular. The only people that would remotely care about the removal, are people reading this thread.

Uh, Disaster Transport gets roughly the same amount of riders as Wicked Twister. Do people not know about Wicked Twister too?

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

^That's not really saying much. A lot of people that do ride Disaster Transport do it for the air conditioning.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service