Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Why do people keep mentioning moving the Giant Wheel? It's fine where it is now, and Wicked Twister joins it in the CP skyline. And I seriously doubt both GW and WT can be relocated if you are talking about the former Demon Drop area. What I would like to see done, if anything, is to create a new light pattern for the Giant Wheel (switching between various patterns, including the existing one) that creates its own little light show at night. Also, the WT lights would be synchronized with the wheel's lights.

2012 is the "Mayan Apocalypse" date. The world isn't going to end, but the usage of this in culture and stuff justifies a big attraction for that year. Also, Shoot the Rapids was originally planned for 2009 but was itself hit by the recession. Call it a hole in the Cedar Point coaster cycle.

And I still hold pessimism about the economy myself. There is still talk of a late 2010 economic collapse, double-dip recessions, or a Lost Decade in America. The former is not as likely, but any of these could throw a wrench into amusement park plans, attendance, profits, etc. And the latter in Japan still didn't stop the coaster building--remember Steel Dragon 2000?

Didnt everyone think that the world was going to end in 2000? And we Got Millennuim Force. so Pointofview, I do think they'll add a hudge attraction in 2012 just like in 2000.

I have a question... I always thought this would be cool. A stand up inverted roller coaster. Is that possible? Because thought would be a real site for Cedar Point :D .

... Like Mantis?

Ugh. http://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Thread/2754.aspx

Millennium Force
The Future is Riding On It.

CHRIS7 said:
... Like Mantis?

They said stand, up inverted, and I think it is possible, but will it ever be done, chances are no.

Jason Hammond said:
I would be surprised if they decided to move Giant Wheel again.

Why? Wildcat has been moved twice.

PointofView said:
Why do people keep mentioning moving the Giant Wheel? It's fine where it is now, and Wicked Twister joins it in the CP skyline.

It was fine where it was, too--except they needed the space for MF. The Main Midway Carousel & Calypso were fine where they were--except they needed the space for Raptor. Same with Dodgem & TTD, Monster & Iron Dragon, Schwabinchen & Mantis.

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

think about the economy right now. And step back and look at what CP actually is, and has right now. IMO, CP could improve attendance (and get a much bigger bang for their investment dollar), by improving what they already have, instead of adding ANYTHING. Focus on: landscaping. themeing. freindliness, professionalism, and attention to detail of ride ops (and all park workers). food, room, and lodge quality and value. Once this is accomplished, then remove and rebuild the BonAir section of Breakers. And build a new and different wood coaster where Meanstreak is. Think of what a different park CP could be. The same, only different.

I agree with all of that.

However, CP is clearly building something and probably near/around/over Oceana Stadium whether we would do so or not.

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

I just thought it would be cool. Besides it would be the biggest ball cruncher on the planet.

PointofView said:
What I would like to see done, if anything, is to create a new light pattern for the Giant Wheel (switching between various patterns, including the existing one) that creates its own little light show at night. Also, the WT lights would be synchronized with the wheel's lights.

I'd love to see the wheel get a re-haul like Mickey's Fun Wheel @ Disney's California Adventure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=631FqQalsQo

Cedar Fair's flagship park deserves kick-butt lighting on their ferris wheel! Actually, they should redo lighting all over the park :)

Last edited by airee85,

-Eric

they don't even need the lights on that wheel anymore...thats right where disney's new world of color water show is...CP needs to do something like that!

People who don't know me think I'm quiet...People who do, wish i was!

Do you know what would improve attendance at Cedar Point? Lower room rates, Lower admission, Lower food pricing, Lower Gas Prices, and a Lower unemployment rate.

Shoot the rapids, tame and dry. Thunder Canyon, wet and laughter. Snake River Falls, soaked and smiling. White Water Landing and the old shoot the rapids, Fun and missed.

...and free money for all!!! ;)

speedy g. said:
they don't even need the lights on that wheel anymore...thats right where disney's new world of color water show is...CP needs to do something like that!

They still use the Wheel and its lights as part of the show :)

-Eric

what I meant was...it's not the grand part of the show...and they wouldn't need it.

Gotcha. Yeah, a mini-World of Color-esque show would be awesome at Cedar Point, but it's not really their style I guess.

-Eric

...and like right over the waters of the lake! :)

...around the entire peninsula! ha. They could put in some cool fountains where the swan paddle boats used to be. Sure, Maverick swoops down there, but it would still look cool. Maybe have a cool fountain and light show every half hour. But then I suppose they'd have to enlarge the bridge for more viewing, etc.

-Eric

or the bridge collapses underneath for a one of a kind-interactive experience! haha, yeah that would be the day

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service